9th Circuit Court of Appeals Declares U.S. COnstitution Unconstitutional - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2002, 09:36 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama
In the midst of all of the chaos, I may launch a seperatist movement for the state of Alabama. I will make all of the laws.

~U2Alabama
and you can open a chain of stores to distribute your propoganda.
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2002, 09:41 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:43 PM

Indeed, U2ME3; I have 2 such stores within close proximity to my homebase; I have begun my agitprop merchandising campaign in advance of my secessionist movement.

~U2Alabama

Old 07-11-2002, 11:04 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Alabama is going to have a hard time staying afloat in today's economy if all they can produce is cotton-based apparel emblazoned with the Bama logo.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:21 AM   #19
Refugee

Not just "cotton-based." Bama Fever also specializes in polyester apparel that even blind people find tacky.

And the saddest thing is... the shirts are more valuable without the logo.

Old 07-12-2002, 08:57 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie

speedracer:

If you were to drive across Alabama today, it is unlikely that you would see a cotton field; there are very few active/productive cotton farms left here. Instead, you may see auto plants, including the Mercedes M-Class plant near Tuscaloosa (home of THE University of Alabama), the Honda Oddessey (sp?) plant near Anniston, and, under construction now, the Hyundai plant south of Montgomery. Hyundai was going to build near the Opelika/Auburn area, but decided nearby Auburn University smelled too bad.

Achtung Bubba:

As you should know, much of that apparel is made near Auburn (Alexander City, Phenix City, Lannett, Valley, etc.), although they are losing jobs to overseas plants. The ones with the Bama logos sell very well. Speaking of polyester, where do they make those bright orange sportcoats that your "Plainsmen" wear to the football games, as pictured in the link below?

http://www.auburn.edu/student_info/w...insmen/pg3.jpg

~U2Alabama
Old 07-12-2002, 11:31 PM   #21
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun

Local Time: 10:43 PM

Bama.. Due to my ineptness in economizing my laundry list, when at the checkout counter I too had to make one of those 'Bud Light vs Toilet Paper' decisions.. Of course I chose wisely with the Economy Size 12 pack of Gillette Mach III razors until I read this thread.. and now, to what I expect to be your delight, I have soiled myself, Laughing hysterically at Ima Douchebag, I was left wishing that only the article had mentioned Bangors and Mash..

Only to make matters worse for myself I come across the fabled 'Agitprop'.. I think that sums up the sheer brilliance of this thread.

Bear bryant still sucks,
L.Unplugged

--Bill Clinton
Old 07-13-2002, 12:19 AM   #22
Refugee

I'm not sure where they make those sportscoats, and I will readily admit that I've seen better.

But note: they wear those to STAND OUT. To stand out at a Bama game, you have to wear attractive clothing.

And I was wondering, when the auto plant in Tuscaloosa (an industrial city first, college town second) hires new employess, do they hire a lot of Bama graduates? And if so, do they teach them remedial English, or just use pictures to show them what to do?

"THE University of Alabama."

Bah. You're still bitter that CNN and others occasionally refer to Bama as "Alabama-Tuscaloosa" to differentiate the school from UAB, the University of Alabama at Birmingham.

Besides, you mean "THE University of Alabama that doesn't produce engineers (see: Auburn) or doctors (see: UAB), but rather causes this state to fester with the last group of people it needs more of: lawyers."

(Yeah, I know, Bama claims to produce engineering graduates, but France claims to have an army - and I haven't seen them win too many wars in the last century.)
Old 07-13-2002, 09:41 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Lemonite:

I also use toilet paper and Mach III razors, but I would suggest you upgrading to Michelob Light, a "premium" American beer. I would never suggest you find yourself without toilet paper, as you often seem to have accidents when reading my posts.

Achtung Bubba:

You seem to be aware of it, but The University of Alabama does produce engineers, doctors, lawyers, etc. A sibling of mine is now an MD after achieving a degree from The University of Alabama, followed by a Medical Degree from The University of Alabama School of Medicine, which happens to be on the campus of UAB.

As for the hiring practices of MB-USI, I am not sure of their policy, but I do know of several Bama grads who work there.

31-7.

~U2Alabama
Old 07-13-2002, 11:26 AM   #24
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama
Achtung Bubba:

You seem to be aware of it, but The University of Alabama does produce engineers, doctors, lawyers, etc. A sibling of mine is now an MD after achieving a degree from The University of Alabama, followed by a Medical Degree from The University of Alabama School of Medicine, which happens to be on the campus of UAB.

As for the hiring practices of MB-USI, I am not sure of their policy, but I do know of several Bama grads who work there.

31-7.

~U2Alabama
"...happens to be on the campus of UAB."

Gee, I wonder why it's not in Tuscaloosa...

<snicker>

And, sure, Bama produces engineers, but they suck at it. Auburn doesn't try to make lawyers; Bama shouldn't try what others can do so much better.

And, oh yes, when academics (or lack thereof) is mentioned, Bama fans fairly consistently bring up football. I wonder why that is.

But you guys also stay pretty silent about the NCAA violations that get you those wins - the latest (and the third in a decade) being a hair's breadth from the death penalty.

But hey, you guys win games, so what does it matter, right?

And, either way, we're coming to Tuscaloosa this year... and Bama has yet to score a single point against Auburn in Tuscaloosa.
Old 07-13-2002, 12:54 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Because Birmingham is the population center of the state.

And isn't Auburn the most penalized athletic program in the SEC?

~U2Alabama
Old 07-13-2002, 05:02 PM   #26
Refugee

Maybe, but we don't bring up athletics to make up for deficiencies in academics... because we don't have to.
Old 07-13-2002, 07:33 PM   #27
I serve MacPhisto

On my way to Atlanta, I spent the night in Tuscaloosa. I was suprised to see a Mercedes plant in Alabama. I had some generic taco food that made the drive the next day very long and uncomfortable.

As far as football goes,
BRING IT!

goes into BOOMER SOONER rant
Old 07-13-2002, 09:21 PM   #28

Notre Dame, Our Mother
Tender, strong and true,
Proudly in the heavens, Gleams the Gold and Blue, Glory's mantle cloaks thee, Golden is thy fame,
And our hearts forever, Praise thee, Notre Dame. And our hearts forever, Love thee, Notre Dame.

( I think this is where we are usually bombarded by TheU2 and all the great Notre Dame coaching legends.. This is truly a sad moment.. such a brilliant mind, such comedic timing, and wow.. Some Amazing Wedding Plans)

CK

--Bill Clinton
Old 07-13-2002, 09:26 PM   #29
I serve MacPhisto

Yes it truly is a sad day

Bob Stoops is better than Lou Holtz ever was
Old 07-13-2002, 09:29 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally posted by z edge