9/11: The most over-rated thing ever? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-08-2002, 09:24 PM   #31
Refugee
 
RavenStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 1,101
Local Time: 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Raven-
I think you are giving you and your fellow Satanists a bad rap,
when you take this postion of the loss of innocent human-life.

Innocent human life is significant to you, correct?

God's love and understanding to you


DB9
I cannot give other Satanist a bad rep. Unlike other religions, we dont all conform to the herd and act like one another. One Satanists opinion can be the opposite from another Satanists opinion. Just because I think this way, doesnt mean someone else will.
__________________

__________________
RavenStar is offline  
Old 09-08-2002, 09:25 PM   #32
Creator of the Blue Crack
 
Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 4,008
Local Time: 09:16 AM
Re: 9/11: The most over-rated thing ever?

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenStar
Is it just me or is Sept.11 way over-rated? Now, I know people died and building collapsed and stuff but don't you think America has taken it too far? I just saw a commercial for a book about 9/11 called The Day the World Collapsed. I think America (not really the people of America) want the world to pity them so much. People call 9/11 the greatest tragedy to America in the last 100 years. That isnt the real tragety though. The real tragety is in the streets of America where people are being raped, kidnapped, killed, and more EVERY SINGLE DAY. So is the reason 9/11 is so important is because someone else other than America itself has caused the trouble?
Actually Ravenstar, here's what you said (above). If you meant to say 'all the merchandise is overrated' ... you should have said that. Your post does not read that way - at all.

Joel
__________________

__________________
I created this place. I hyped a band.
Now I own an ad agency. We hype brands.
All roads for me lead back to U2. Ain't it grand.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Elvis is offline  
Old 09-08-2002, 09:26 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Lilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: back and to the left
Posts: 8,523
Local Time: 11:16 AM
i couldn't imagine this happening to someone i know.

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenStar
I can easily put my family, friend, etc in those buildings. It is still no reason to take something as tragic as that and shove in people's faces.

i am so disturbed by this response. your own mother? your best of ALL best friends? what if you saw your best friend on the 80th floor waving a towel for help, knowing full well there was no hope? hmm? or if you saw them fall hundreds of feet to concrete? hmm? you could do that and still be ok?



and although other religions may ban together, i should hope you aren't about to judge them as you so hate to be judged.



perspective is key.
__________________
Lilly is offline  
Old 09-08-2002, 09:27 PM   #34
Creator of the Blue Crack
 
Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 4,008
Local Time: 09:16 AM
Re: i couldn't imagine this happening to someone i know.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilly



i am so disturbed by this response. your own mother? your best of ALL best friends? what if you saw your best friend on the 80th floor waving a towel for help, knowing full well there was no hope? hmm? or if you saw them fall hundreds of feet to concrete? hmm? you could do that and still be ok?
Lilly, she hasnt answered my 'difficult' questions yet... stand in line.

Maybe, she's just avoiding them... ya know?

Joel
__________________
I created this place. I hyped a band.
Now I own an ad agency. We hype brands.
All roads for me lead back to U2. Ain't it grand.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Elvis is offline  
Old 09-08-2002, 09:28 PM   #35
Refugee
 
RavenStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 1,101
Local Time: 12:16 PM
Just because I know someone in the buildings does not make it right for me to go shoving it in other peoples faces. I did know someone in those buildings.

BTW
Elvis, I get your point, I just dont agree with it. I hope you feel the same way.
__________________
RavenStar is offline  
Old 09-08-2002, 09:29 PM   #36
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 11:16 AM

the one problem i *think* happens when someone mentions 9/11 as being overrated, or something else, is, well...let me try to word this so it makes sense...

imo, i think PARTS of the tragedy are, not overrated or anything, but disgusting. what happened is disgusting in a "i can't believe these people were sick enough to do this" but what happened afterwards is a different kind of disgusting.

believe me, i think what happened was horrible. 1000s of people have died, the city of new york was and still is in turmoil, and people all over the world are still shaken by this and even worse, have lost their loved ones.

unfortunately, there's the other kind of disgusting. the sick fucks who take this event and glamorize it. not the supporters in afghanistan, i'm not talking politically, but economically. so many hicks with a computer have created bumper sticks, shirts, etc. and made it seem as trivial as a hallmark holiday. THAT is what disgusts me and makes me not look forward to the day marking the one year anniversary.

everywhere i turn, i see osama bin laden's picture printed on a target practice sheet or dartboard, some cheesy shirt that cost 50 cents to make that's being sold for $30 with an american flag on it, etc. it's the crass commercialism of 9/11 that makes me mad. so many holidays, happy events, have been made into a mere day where many don't even know why the day is special. but 9/11 is different. it's not a happy day. it doesn't mark the day a religious figure was born, pilgrims landed ashore america, or the dawn of a new year. it marks the day thousands of people died because of some sick fucks.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 09-08-2002, 09:32 PM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life
 
adamswildhoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Somewhere in NorCal
Posts: 10,333
Local Time: 09:16 AM
Re: Re: i couldn't imagine this happening to someone i know.

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis


Lilly, she hasnt answered my 'difficult' questions yet... stand in line.

Maybe, she's just avoiding them... ya know?

Joel
Yea, I think she is avoiding them
__________________
adamswildhoney is offline  
Old 09-08-2002, 09:34 PM   #38
Refugee
 
RavenStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 1,101
Local Time: 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
the one problem i *think* happens when someone mentions 9/11 as being overrated, or something else, is, well...let me try to word this so it makes sense...

imo, i think PARTS of the tragedy are, not overrated or anything, but disgusting. what happened is disgusting in a "i can't believe these people were sick enough to do this" but what happened afterwards is a different kind of disgusting.

believe me, i think what happened was horrible. 1000s of people have died, the city of new york was and still is in turmoil, and people all over the world are still shaken by this and even worse, have lost their loved ones.

unfortunately, there's the other kind of disgusting. the sick fucks who take this event and glamorize it. not the supporters in afghanistan, i'm not talking politically, but economically. so many hicks with a computer have created bumper sticks, shirts, etc. and made it seem as trivial as a hallmark holiday. THAT is what disgusts me and makes me not look forward to the day marking the one year anniversary.

everywhere i turn, i see osama bin laden's picture printed on a target practice sheet or dartboard, some cheesy shirt that cost 50 cents to make that's being sold for $30 with an american flag on it, etc. it's the crass commercialism of 9/11 that makes me mad. so many holidays, happy events, have been made into a mere day where many don't even know why the day is special. but 9/11 is different. it's not a happy day. it doesn't mark the day a religious figure was born, pilgrims landed ashore america, or the dawn of a new year. it marks the day thousands of people died because of some sick fucks.
THIS is what I have been trying to say all along. Thank you KhanadaRhodes for helping me get my idea across to these people.
__________________
RavenStar is offline  
Old 09-08-2002, 09:34 PM   #39
Creator of the Blue Crack
 
Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 4,008
Local Time: 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
the one problem i *think* happens when someone mentions 9/11 as being overrated, or something else, is, well...let me try to word this so it makes sense...

imo, i think PARTS of the tragedy are, not overrated or anything, but disgusting. what happened is disgusting in a "i can't believe these people were sick enough to do this" but what happened afterwards is a different kind of disgusting.

believe me, i think what happened was horrible. 1000s of people have died, the city of new york was and still is in turmoil, and people all over the world are still shaken by this and even worse, have lost their loved ones.

unfortunately, there's the other kind of disgusting. the sick fucks who take this event and glamorize it. not the supporters in afghanistan, i'm not talking politically, but economically. so many hicks with a computer have created bumper sticks, shirts, etc. and made it seem as trivial as a hallmark holiday. THAT is what disgusts me and makes me not look forward to the day marking the one year anniversary.

everywhere i turn, i see osama bin laden's picture printed on a target practice sheet or dartboard, some cheesy shirt that cost 50 cents to make that's being sold for $30 with an american flag on it, etc. it's the crass commercialism of 9/11 that makes me mad. so many holidays, happy events, have been made into a mere day where many don't even know why the day is special. but 9/11 is different. it's not a happy day. it doesn't mark the day a religious figure was born, pilgrims landed ashore america, or the dawn of a new year. it marks the day thousands of people died because of some sick fucks.
I agree with this... but I disagree with how Ravenstar trivialized the loss of life, and the event. To me.. that in itself is disgusting.

By the way... I'm really wondering what a "satanist" sees in U2 ... not exactly the book of the devil, thats for sure. lol.
__________________
I created this place. I hyped a band.
Now I own an ad agency. We hype brands.
All roads for me lead back to U2. Ain't it grand.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Elvis is offline  
Old 09-08-2002, 09:36 PM   #40
Creator of the Blue Crack
 
Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 4,008
Local Time: 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by RavenStar


THIS is what I have been trying to say all along. Thank you KhanadaRhodes for helping me get my idea across to these people.
*sigh*
Once again, my remarks go ignored. Please refer to my previous post inwhich I quoted your ORIGINAL post.
__________________
I created this place. I hyped a band.
Now I own an ad agency. We hype brands.
All roads for me lead back to U2. Ain't it grand.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Elvis is offline  
Old 09-08-2002, 09:37 PM   #41
Refugee
 
RavenStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 1,101
Local Time: 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis


By the way... I'm really wondering what a "satanist" sees in U2 ... not exactly the book of the devil, thats for sure. lol.
Getting off topic just alittle....
What I see in U2. I see a band who stands up for what they believe in. A band who does not keep there mouths shut because other people might take offence. A band who Help people in need without trivialising there grief. A band who understands.
__________________
RavenStar is offline  
Old 09-08-2002, 09:38 PM   #42
Creator of the Blue Crack
 
Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 4,008
Local Time: 09:16 AM
Just a bit of commentary:

Being able to communicate an idea properly... really helps avoid conflict. People should think before they post, espcially about sensitive topics.

Joel
__________________
I created this place. I hyped a band.
Now I own an ad agency. We hype brands.
All roads for me lead back to U2. Ain't it grand.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Elvis is offline  
Old 09-08-2002, 09:40 PM   #43
Creator of the Blue Crack
 
Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 4,008
Local Time: 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by RavenStar


Getting off topic just alittle....
What I see in U2. I see a band who stands up for what they believe in. A band who does not keep there mouths shut because other people might take offence. A band who Help people in need without trivialising there grief. A band who understands.
Exactly. So I guess 75% or more of Africa thats infected with HIV/AIDS -IS- important to you, as opposed to only 3000 that died in the WTC?

*confused*

Joel
__________________
I created this place. I hyped a band.
Now I own an ad agency. We hype brands.
All roads for me lead back to U2. Ain't it grand.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Elvis is offline  
Old 09-08-2002, 09:40 PM   #44
Refugee
 
RavenStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 1,101
Local Time: 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis


*sigh*
Once again, my remarks go ignored. Please refer to my previous post inwhich I quoted your ORIGINAL post.
I did read your remarks. I just wanted to tell Khanada that I agreed with her. Elvis, I know you understand (I think) what I was trying to say and I just want other to understand too before they go saying things without knowing the whole situation(as in what I was thinking)
__________________
RavenStar is offline  
Old 09-08-2002, 09:43 PM   #45
Creator of the Blue Crack
 
Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 4,008
Local Time: 09:16 AM
and I have one more remark....

(imagine that)

So... during Elevation Tour... you liked or disliked the names of the dead being projected?
__________________

__________________
I created this place. I hyped a band.
Now I own an ad agency. We hype brands.
All roads for me lead back to U2. Ain't it grand.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Elvis is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com