9/11: The most over-rated thing ever? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2002, 08:55 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 08:15 PM
Is it even possible for me to even state an OPINION on this board? Everywhere I go people react the same way you guys did here. Can you not UNDERSTAND that I might not feel the same way you do? Get used to it, not everyone in life will have the same opinion as you do. Just be glad you can have different opinions.

Old 09-08-2002, 08:59 PM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 02:15 AM
Re: 9/11: The most over-rated thing ever?

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenStar
Is it just me or is Sept.11 way over-rated? Now, I know people died and building collapsed and stuff but don't you think America has taken it too far? I just saw a commercial for a book about 9/11 called The Day the World Collapsed. I think America (not really the people of America) want the world to pity them so much. People call 9/11 the greatest tragedy to America in the last 100 years. That isnt the real tragety though. The real tragety is in the streets of America where people are being raped, kidnapped, killed, and more EVERY SINGLE DAY. So is the reason 9/11 is so important is because someone else other than America itself has caused the trouble?
did you actually think before you posted this???....did you honestly think...this would prompt discussion???

Raven star...I hope you realized..that not JUST americans died in the trade towers, Mexicans, Indians, CANADIANS, Germans, Brits and people of many other nationalities also perished.

Old 09-08-2002, 09:00 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:15 PM
Elvis what you said was very well put, I totally agree with what you said!

I seriously think we should just close this thread!
Old 09-08-2002, 09:01 PM   #19
Creator of the Blue Crack

Quote:
Is it even possible for me to even state an OPINION on this board? Everywhere I go people react the same way you guys did here. Can you not UNDERSTAND that I might not feel the same way you do? Get used to it, not everyone in life will have the same opinion as you do. Just be glad you can have different opinions.
You stated your opinion... which most people find to be sick.
Catergorizing thousands of people murdered as 'stuff' really shows a lack of respect on your part to human life, and those that lost people they love. Perhaps you get the same reaction everywhere else, including here, for a reason.

Again, back to my example... stick your parents, your family, or your best friend in that building a year ago. Still think it's trivial?

Who knows, maybe you take pleasure in seeing thousands of people suffer.

Joel
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 09-08-2002, 09:02 PM   #20
Refugee

Quote:

and our opinions differ from yours, Get used to it, not everyone in life will have the same opinion as you do. Just be glad you can have a different opinion
Old 09-08-2002, 09:02 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: 9/11: The most over-rated thing ever?

Quote:
I think America (not really the people of America) want the world to pity them so much.
What exactly do you mean by this bc what makes up America is the pple!
Old 09-08-2002, 09:04 PM   #22
Refugee

I can easily put my family, friend, etc in those buildings. It is still no reason to take something as tragic as that and shove in people's faces.
Old 09-08-2002, 09:04 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally posted by adamswildhoney
Elvis what you said was very well put, I totally agree with what you said!

I seriously think we should just close this thread!

I don't want it closed.

I think people need to understand why Ravenstar's "opinion" is a sick one. Who am I to judge that it's "sick" ? Apparently someone that appreciates life, understands the difference between good and bad, and knows people that were IN the buildings!

Joel
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 09-08-2002, 09:07 PM   #24

Quote:
I can easily put my family, friend, etc in those buildings. It is still no reason to take something as tragic as that and shove in people's faces.
Now you say 'as tragic as that' ???

Make up your mind. Seriously.

If you think its so tragic, why are you showing SO little respect for the loss of lives (ie. 'and stuff') ???

Joel
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 09-08-2002, 09:07 PM   #25
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis

I don't want it closed.

I think people need to understand why Ravenstar's "opinion" is a sick one. Who am I to judge that it's "sick" ? Apparently someone that appreciates life, understands the difference between good and bad, and knows people that were IN the buildings!

Joel
How is my opinion sick? Because I consider all the people dying on the streets more of a tragety? Have you ever seen a person shot on the streets? I have. I knoe people were in those buildings. I didnt say it wasnt tragic. I just said it isnt the MOST tragic thing that has happened to America.
Old 09-08-2002, 09:09 PM   #26
Refugee

Quote:

Then by all means place yourself in the building and rid us of this sort of nonsense. If you are in fact so casual about putting your loved ones in the building, I dont' see why you should have any problem with this.
Old 09-08-2002, 09:14 PM   #27

Quote:

How is my opinion sick? Because I consider all the people dying on the streets more of a tragety? Have you ever seen a person shot on the streets? I have. I knoe people were in those buildings. I didnt say it wasnt tragic. I just said it isnt the MOST tragic thing that has happened to America.
Ooops... you picked the WRONG person to ask that question to.

I was 16, working in a mall... in a toy store...
I watched a girl, 14, get shot in cold blood, in the back, fall to the marble floor, face first, and blood gush out of her. I saw an innocent girl die, for no reason other than some asshole had a gun, and was fucked up in the head - no different than terrorists being fucked up in the head. One incident, one murder or rape... yes, those are TERRRRRRRRIBLE, but for thousands of people to be murdered at once, thats even more terrible.

You dont think so?
Tell me you think that 12 million people killed in a matter of years, by the Nazis, was only as significant as one person killed on the street. Can you?

Joel
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 09-08-2002, 09:18 PM   #28
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Arun V

and our opinions differ from yours, Get used to it, not everyone in life will have the same opinion as you do. Just be glad you can have a different opinion

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 09-08-2002, 09:21 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:15 PM
Raven-
I think you are giving you and your fellow Satanists a bad rap,
when you take this postion of the loss of innocent human-life.

Innocent human life is significant to you, correct?

God's love and understanding to you

DB9
Old 09-08-2002, 09:21 PM   #30
Refugee

I think you all are missing the point of this thread. My idea was not to bash 9/11 at all. I was bashing all the shit that went along with it. I dont see anything wrong with a few tv shows or newspaper articles. But to go and put 9/11 over EVERYTHING?? I see people walking around sporting their new t-shirt with the WTC on fire and acting like they are so cool to have a t-shirt with that on it. Instead of just looking at the negative of 9/11, look at the positive. Yes, there is a positive. Look how everyone came together to help. Look hoe thousands of Newfoundlanders, the poorest people in my country, made a place in their homes for the people whose planes had to land there. Look how the WORLD came together to help. I think everyone has learned a lesson from 9/11. A lesson on how many peope can make a very bad situation better.