9/11 Overload? Post here. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2002, 02:06 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:17 AM
On this historic day, how appropriate that I should agree with Bubba! Now that's amazing.

Gina also makes good points.

Old 09-11-2002, 03:18 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:17 AM
Re: god bless all of us , peace on earth , justice to criminals and terrorists

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkfloyd
Walk On !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Old 09-11-2002, 03:21 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
Local Time: 04:17 AM
Gina Marie is right....some of us have the luxury of turning it off.

For some people this is coverage is giving them closure, these ceremonies are really the only chance most of them get to say goodbye to their lost loved ones.

There are plently of other things to watch on TV, not every channel is devoting itself to these memorials. I tried to watch some of the ceremonies, but found that it was too sad, I said my little prayer this morning at 8:46 and changed the channel.

Yes, I agree that this coverage is too much....however, we have the choice not to watch it.
Old 09-11-2002, 03:47 PM   #19
The Fly

I can understand how some people might find the coverage of 9-11 a bit of an overload. However, to people like me, it's very helpful right now. I lost my uncle in the north tower. My sister and I would visit him every year in New York. We were very close to him. So, his death was very hard on me.
Today was not an easy day to get out of bed--- but I did it. The reason-- because I know that there are plenty of other people out there who are going through the same. It is nice to turn on the television and see people who feel your pain.
I hope I don't come across as being angry because I don't mean to. I just wanted to give you all a different perspective.
Hugs, Mary
Old 09-11-2002, 04:09 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:17 AM
Mary,
I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope that you are finding some comfort in the ceremonies and memorials being held today. You didn't come across as angry, and thank-you for sharing your perspective on the subject.
Old 09-11-2002, 04:22 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Mary, I am deeply sorry for your loss. You didn't come across as angry in any way.

Yours is a much needed perspective here, so thank you so much for sharing this. I applaud you for your courage, and I'm glad that the TV coverage gave you a bit of comfort.

Old 09-11-2002, 04:50 PM   #22
BAW
The Flower

I wasn't even going to post in this thread because I was leaning toward the "overload" side and figured why bother...that is until I read Mary's post. I guess I just needed to hear someone else's perspective on why we need the all day coverage.

I personally haven't watched more than 10 minutes or so today but I now understand why someone who was there or lost a loved one or friend might get some comfort in seeing others who have gone through it.

And Gina Marie, I understand what you mean about having the luxury of turing it off... Sometimes I have to be reminded to step outside of myself and see things from another perspective, something I'm not always good at doing.
Old 09-11-2002, 05:20 PM   #23
Refugee

Why is it that people can be civillised and discuss the media overload in this thread but over in the thread I started saying the media overload is getting to be too much makes oyu a sub-human angry adolecent?
Old 09-11-2002, 05:26 PM   #24
BAW
The Flower

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenStar
Why is it that people can be civillised and discuss the media overload in this thread but over in the thread I started saying the media overload is getting to be too much makes oyu a sub-human angry adolecent?
My guess is its all in the way that you word it and what you really mean to say.

Quote:
Now, I know people died and building collapsed and stuff but don't you think America has taken it too far?
Old 09-11-2002, 05:27 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Normal

As I agree that it is totall media overload today, I do have to say that a year ago today just under 3000 people died a block and a half from where I am sitting right now. It is kind of hard to ignore that.

I do think that the coverage will be decreased exponentially now that the year anniversary has ended...
Old 09-11-2002, 05:28 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Ravenstar,

The name-calling says more about the person calling the names, than it does about you.

I don't believe I have ever seen you call names.
Old 09-11-2002, 05:30 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Is it just me or is Sept.11 way over-rated? Now, I know people died and building collapsed and stuff but don't you think America has taken it too far?
I think your point was taken as immature from your opening...

Kinda hard to read this and be able to agree with you today...
Old 09-11-2002, 05:30 PM   #28
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife

My guess is its all in the way that you word it and what you really mean to say.

What would you have said?
Old 09-11-2002, 05:32 PM   #29
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
Ravenstar,

The name-calling says more about the person calling the names, than it does about you.

I don't believe I have ever seen you call names.
I try to avoid name-calling. It's amazing how I've been called immature while it's not immature for other to call me sub-human.
Old 09-11-2002, 05:58 PM   #30
Refugee

Local Time: 08:17 PM
Yes I am on overload- here in Australia nearly every TV station has had coverage of this since Tuesday our time- I found it quite disturbing that last night there was a documentary on that re-enacted one of the flights that crashed into the WTC- I didnt watch it but I heard news of it on a show that was commenting on it- I kinda think that doing something like this (where they re-enacting it from the mobile phone calls that the passengers made to their loved ones) is really not good at all, I mean it dosn't sit well with me at all........I guess that I wish that we could also remember those killed in Afganistan- the women and children those subjected to the rule of the Taliban....I want to remember all of those who are innocent who have died as a result of the US and Middle East conflicts throughout history