9/11 Commission Finds Links Between Al-Qaeda and Iran

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anitram

Blue Crack Addict
I was sent this link today, you can read about it here.

A senior U.S. official told TIME that the Commission has uncovered evidence suggesting that between eight and ten of the 14 "muscle" hijackers?that is, those involved in gaining control of the four 9/11 aircraft and subduing the crew and passengers?passed through Iran in the period from October 2000 to February 2001. Sources also tell TIME that Commission investigators found that Iran had a history of allowing al-Qaeda members to enter and exit Iran across the Afghan border.

Soooo,

Ties to terrorism and bin Laden? CHECK!
WMD/Nuclear weapons programs? CHECK!
Oppressive, tyrranical, murderous regime? CHECK!

So, when's the invasion?

No, no, no it was all Iraq silly. Ok maybe we we're wrong, so let's go and invade...oh wait we have no military because we couldn't get a true coalition and we've stretched our military out too far...

Iraq unlike Iran was a situation where millitary action could solve the problem with relative ease, the ground war was over quickly and the postwar situation is manageable mistakes were definitely made but its hardly shaping up as another Vietnam. Iran has many reformists within who are sick of living under the theocracy and genuinely desire a liberal democracy this contrasts sharply to Iraq where anybody who opposed Saddam was executed or forced into exile, by invading Iraq we have placed a catalyst for change in the Middle East, now what do you think will happen around the middle east when Iraq is stable and it is electing its own leaders and the country becomes prosperous, it will create the suitable environment for change all over. That is a reason why Iraq was invaded and that is why it can be a good thing for the Islamic world in general (I would say Middle East but then I remembered that critical exception to the rule, Israel :wink: )

Last edited:
I would like to thank the comission for releasing something that I posted back almost two years ago. The administration to my knowledge has never come out and said it. It has bothered me that the links between al-Qaeda and Iran were not made public by the administration in a more forceful manner. Unfortunately most Americans are not doing their homework.

re: CNN story "...8 to 10 hijackers passed through Iran..."

Ooh..."passed through." Uh, how many actually lived in the States at some time?

Also, weren't most of them Saudis? If there's to be an invasion, it should be of Saudi Arabia.

There are other links besides passing through.Al Qaeda chose Saudis for the operation specifically to damage relations with the US.

A_Wanderer said:
That is a reason why Iraq was invaded and that is why it can be a good thing for the Islamic world in general (I would say Middle East but then I remembered that critical exception to the rule, Israel :wink: )

That is a reason was it? I must have missed that briefing when it started

Iran has always been on the list.

Several of the 9/11 hijackers are alive and well.

The 9/11 Commision is a complete whitewash designed not to investigate the actual cause of 9/11 but instead to recommend sweeping changes to the federal government designed to institute sweeping new powers.

What else is new?

Back
Top Bottom