61% of historians agree: W. Bush is worst ever - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2008, 08:31 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Strongbow

Certainly that is what liberals love to dream about.
That's no dream. That's a nightmare. My friend.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

That's no dream. That's a nightmare. My friend.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:10 PM   #18
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:42 AM
Quote:

Argueing that the world would be safer with Saddam in power in Iraq, that the United States can't go to war without Germany or France at its side, and the Democrats typical ignorance of important military and defense issues certainly is.
And reducing almost 8 years of debate down to this understanding, shows me that everything has gone in one year and out the other...
Old 04-08-2008, 11:36 PM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Certainly that is what liberals love to dream about.

it's so funny when people accuse others of things, and their very accusations are what they are accusing others of doing.

i don't take this all that seriously, it is too soon to judge. but historians are historians. there's no political test required. you can sob about liberal bias, but that's nothing more than a crutch that people with no arguments use. and i don't think history is going to be too kind to good ol' W.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:54 AM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

you can sob about liberal bias, but that's nothing more than a crutch that people with no arguments use. and i don't think history is going to be too kind to good ol' W.
Yeah, unscientific poll results, and the comments in the article hardly qualify as sound arguements let alone something worthy of a professional historian.

I'm sure many hope history will not be kind to W, whether or not they will be able to drop their bias and assess the period in an honest and objective manner is another thing.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:57 AM   #21
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Yeah, unscientific poll results, and the comments in the article hardly qualify as sound arguements let alone something worthy of a professional historian.

but you've already dismissed professional historians. so why bother?

Quote:
I'm sure you and others hope history will not be kind to W, whether or not you'll be able to drop your bias and assess the period in an honest and objective manner is another thing.

again, it's funny when you accuse others of doing things that you're doing when you accuse them. do you consider yourself remotely unbiased and honest and objective?

seriously. do you?
Old 04-09-2008, 01:46 AM   #22
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:42 AM
Quote:
Argueing that the world would be safer with Saddam in power in Iraq, that the United States can't go to war without Germany or France at its side, and the Democrats typical ignorance of important military and defense issues certainly is.
arguing that we even needed to go to war in iraq is the first place is ignorant. maybe back when daddy bush was in power he was an evil dictator, but in the last years of his regime in iraq? no. he was an old, weakened man. all the war did was bring chaos and death to both sides in iraq, and to argue otherwise is ignorant.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:08 AM   #23
Jesus Online

Local Time: 05:42 PM
Quote:

Nor will much of the empty rubbish spewed by Democrats on a daily basis about Bush.
Actually, it's not just the Democrats in your own country who are utterly disgusted by Bush as a president. A lot of the rest of the world is of the same view.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:19 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Shit, Irvine, you really threw down the gauntlet with this one, didn't you.

I mean you had to know STING was gonna come after you.

I would agree with the assessment that it's not just the stupidity of Bush, it's the stupidity of a lot of the electorate. I'm literally aghast at how insensible a lot of people in this country can be.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:25 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

He would have been booed at Fenway Park yesterday, Bill Buckner wasn't

Game over
Old 04-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #26
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

arguing that we even needed to go to war in iraq is the first place is ignorant. maybe back when daddy bush was in power he was an evil dictator, but in the last years of his regime in iraq? no. he was an old, weakened man. all the war did was bring chaos and death to both sides in iraq, and to argue otherwise is ignorant.
I got news for you, the threat that Saddam's regime posed to Kuwait, Saudi Arabia was not based on the man's age or physical strength. Most knowledgable people even from the Clinton administration recognize the huge threat that Saddam posed, and with the containment regime put on him rapidly disapearing, it was vital that he be removed.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:59 AM   #27
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem

Actually, it's not just the Democrats in your own country who are utterly disgusted by Bush as a president. A lot of the rest of the world is of the same view.
Yeah, they are also the type of people who equate Saddam with George Bush.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:08 AM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

Do you suppose that it is possible that Saddam wasn't personally running the rape rooms and executing dissidents and their families? Weak old man perhaps but ruler of a police state nonetheless; your post doesn't even go with "he may have been an brutal dictator, but" - it just goes "he may have been a brutal dictator one upon a time".
Old 04-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
He would have been booed at Fenway Park yesterday, Bill Buckner wasn't

Game over

Old 04-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #30
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I got news for you, the threat that Saddam's regime posed to Kuwait, Saudi Arabia was not based on the man's age or physical strength. Most knowledgable people even from the Clinton administration recognize the huge threat that Saddam posed, and with the containment regime put on him rapidly disapearing, it was vital that he be removed.

i got news for you. what you have done is destroy a totalitarian government and a phony country and created a permanently unstable, fractious, chaotic, failed state where the mere avoidance of genocide -- through walled in ghettos and 160,000 American troops -- is cause for celebration.

this is vital?

what you have also done is solidified the idea in the Arab mind that democracy means chaos, anarchy, mass-murder, and sectarian warfare. and you've empowered Iran and made a wider Sunni-Shiite regional war more likely than it ever was with Saddam in power.

it doesn't make any sense to continue to spend billions to prop up and enable a dystopic, ethnically and religiously irraitonal region. it isn't in anyone's interests to do so, certainly not in American interests. there is something else called the GWOT, and blood and treasure spilled and spent and the exhaustion of the military have made the removal of Saddam Hussein far from vital.

it isn't 1998 anymore.