"60 Minutes" Ed Bradley Has Died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diane L

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Freaked out in a Moonage Daydream, oh yeah!
Very sad news in journalism...Ed Bradley, a key member of "60 Minutes", has died.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061109/ap_on_en_tv/obit_bradley

His U2 segment on "60 Minutes" last year was beyond wonderful, and he had the gift of being able to report on hard news and lighter pieces like the U2 profile and do a fantastic job on each.

I'll always remember him as sipping cappucino underneath the Vertigo stage with Adam Clayton.

RIP.

I just saw this news. A sad day. :( I always liked him.

:( :(

Bye Mr Bradley, thank you for your work. RIP.
Or perhaps awaking into an alternate dimension America where full first-class citizenship.has been achieved for all Americans.

He was once on one of my favorite free-form DJ's shows, because besides the DJ talking about his work , they also BOTH were big fans of The Neville Brothers. :D

The Associated Press

NEW YORK - “60 Minutes” will give its late correspondent Ed Bradley a send-off on Sunday with an hour-long tribute that features interviews with close friends and a solo by jazz musician Wynton Marsalis.

Bradley, a 26-year veteran of the CBS newsmagazine, died of leukemia on Thursday.

Sunday’s special includes Steve Kroft’s interviews with some of Bradley’s closest friends, musician Jimmy Buffett, journalist Charlayne Hunter-Gault and Marsalis. Morley Safer will review the legacy of Bradley’s estimated 500 “60 Minutes” stories.

Lesley Stahl will do a profile of Bradley, from his childhood in Philadelphia to his job at “60 Minutes.”

It will air in the “60 Minutes” time slot of 7 p.m. ET.

Back
Top Bottom