50/50 Chance at....... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 06-27-2003, 12:44 AM   #16
Local Time: 04:38 AM
I wonder..

I wonder at who stacked those ratings and what district they got them from...

Our Doc's are pretty great...and I used to want to be one but not any more... to do the Pre-med...medical school... internship and years of residency...they put a LOT of their life into it. I really admire them for that committment. For now I am happy with my role as it is.
I find a couple of problems that I could see bend the issues to read that way though ...one with HMO's and tight insurance plans...your health care coverage, treatments and medications are being second guessed changed because they aren't listed in a formulary by people that do not know your personal health and have never assessed you. Your hospitalization allowable stay and allowable therapy sessions comes out of a book...your DME equipment is negotiable...lots of people don't bother trying to get items covered as durable medical equipement because they don't know they can.
The other is...I think we all need to really establish care with someone who is willing to not only take an accurate history on us but maintain it...take your "list" to this appointment and sit down and discuss your health with the Doctor....a 15 minute acute appointment is not enough time to sort serious chronic issues out with them...ask the appointment schedulers what time you have allowed and let them know if you have other things you want to have addressed. Your health and the power to do something about it is in your hands.

Old 06-27-2003, 05:39 PM   #17
War Child
Local Time: 11:38 AM
There are good doctors out there who got into it for the right reasons, and who are disgusted with the insurance and drug industries that make their jobs nearly impossible. The one I have in mind is seventy now and glad that he's out of it, for exactly those reasons.

Old 06-27-2003, 06:04 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 11:38 AM
Originally posted by nbcrusader

Malpractice insurance saps the life out of a medical practice. Nothing like letting a lawyer second guess you all the time.
This stinks. The whole malpractice thing is why I changed careers. When I found out I was going to send more time in a courtroom than I would at the hospital I changed my major, from health informatics to history. Meanwhile one of the best surgeons in Birmingham got screwed by a lawyer who used totally false accusations in court, and won. It was a nightmare.