4th Trimester Abortions? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2006, 10:39 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:33 PM
I agree LivLuv-there are many disabled people who live much better and richer lives than "abled" people, better and richer in the ways that truly matter. We "abled" people are the ones who are truly miserable when you really stop to think about it.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:02 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

That is awful.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:51 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:33 AM
This is amazingly incredible beyond comprehension. What is it going to take for the people to rise up against this government?
Old 03-23-2006, 02:37 PM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by SunBloc
What is it going to take for the people to rise up against this government?

a nuclear bomb.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:42 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

I wonder what disabled people would say to that? The problem is, there's too many physically disabled people that get overlooked or unfairly treated because people assume they have mental problems. I've known a few people with cerebral palsy who either can't walk, or walk funny and talk funny. In NK, they would've been killed at birth because they are deformed or don't have certain physical functions the rest of us have. However, they are just as smart as anyone else and are capable of functioning on their own.

Who gets to be the judge of whether or not the baby's life will be miserable? How can you possibly know that at birth?

How about my friend here in this photo? She's severely handicapped and deformed, but she knows what she has to do to get by. She even came to Africa with us and despite her severe disabilities, she was able to do everything everyone else did. Good think she was born in South Korea, or I'd be minus one friend.

http://www.dutchbingo.net/TanzaniaJa...os/photo11.jpg
It was a statement about the slave state that is North Korea, the people cannot rise up because they are completely and utterly dominated by the state - it kills millions, but a war would kill millions more - the path of least death is by no means a happier ending.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:07 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I wonder do the parents of the disabled children have any say in the matter? Can they choose to "keep" there child? Are they forced to have them killed?
Old 03-23-2006, 07:20 PM   #22
Refugee

Location: I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and butterflies in my tummy
Old 03-23-2006, 07:50 PM   #23
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
I wonder what disabled people would say to that? The problem is, there's too many physically disabled people that get overlooked or unfairly treated because people assume they have mental problems.
And as far as that goes, assuming people with cognitive/mental disabilties have nothing useful to offer, too...look at all the contributions made by someone like Temple Grandin for example, whose autism is deeply bound up in her extraordinary insights into animal behavior. Or more obviously, someone like Stephen Hawking as far as profoundly disabling physical conditions go.

I suppose though that as with female infanticide, there are also intertwined cultural and socioeconomic factors feeding into the perception (to the extent it exists) that it's simply more expedient to kill off those who might be "burdens" before they get a chance to become that. Most likely it's not entirely due to a state-enforced regimen.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 03-23-2006, 11:23 PM   #24
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

So those of you who make the sad smiley faces, are you sad if a woman has an amniocentesis, finds out she is having a Down's baby (or some other genetic disease or deformity), and decides to abort it? Or is it only when a human is killed *after* it is born that it is sad?
Old 03-24-2006, 01:26 AM   #25
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bonosloveslave
So those of you who make the sad smiley faces, are you sad if a woman has an amniocentesis, finds out she is having a Down's baby (or some other genetic disease or deformity), and decides to abort it? Or is it only when a human is killed *after* it is born that it is sad?
I knew someone would change the subject to this...

It's the fact there is no choice.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:02 AM   #26
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

I knew someone would change the subject to this...

It's the fact there is no choice.
I see these scenarios as very similar - not trying to change the subject...

Who has no choice? If they are killed in the home, to me that says it is the parent(s) that are choosing to do it (as abortion is a choice) - so who has 'no choice'? The born/unborn babies?
Old 03-24-2006, 09:15 AM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:33 PM
Re: 4th Trimester Abortions?

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
N.Korean defector says disabled newborns are killed

That's horrible.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:25 AM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:33 PM
Quote:
To me it's sad in both situations. I could never imagine aborting a child because there will be something wrong with it when it's born. Still a human being no matter it's physical or mental condition is. As for killing a baby after it's born that's just downright sick! Personally it makes me wonder what kind of world that we are living in.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:25 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:33 PM
Quote:
I think it's sad either way. Yes, it could be really a shocker at first for the mom that they have a deformity but she will still love this baby. If I found out that I was having a baby with a genetic disease or deformity I would love the baby no matter what. Who has the right to take away a human being's life just because it's different from the rest of us? For these jerks to just kill them because they have a deformity is just sickening.

Someone mentioned if the parents had any say. Do they?
Old 03-24-2006, 04:25 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by yolland

And as far as that goes, assuming people with cognitive/mental disabilties have nothing useful to offer, too...look at all the contributions made by someone like Temple Grandin for example, whose autism is deeply bound up in her extraordinary insights into animal behavior.
Thanks for mentioning this lady! She's my idol! I'm autistic.