3rd Presidential Debate - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2004, 08:43 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:20 AM
The CBS poll, released shortly after the debate put Kerry the winner at 39%, Bush at 25% and 36% declared it a tie. That's a 14% lead over Bush. That's a much more substantial lead than after the 2nd debate.

The ABC poll which had 8% more Republicans polled put Kerry the winner at 42% to Bush at 41% - statistically insignificant unless you factor in that more Republicans were surveyed.

I do follow that MSNBC blog but there's a VH1 comedian at CNN who's quite funny too. (and if you're a LEFT LEANING LIBERAL like myself, and proud of it!!, then Paul Begala's blogg is quite hilarious too!)

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...3/begala.blog/

Old 10-13-2004, 09:40 PM   #32
War Child

wow watching MSNBC after hours and Kathy Griffin (whom I always assumed was a C-List pinhead) just gave Scarborough a verbal whupass on them trying to spin Kerry's mentioning of Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter as meanspirited and disgusting...........very entertaining tv folks

Xavier

Old 10-13-2004, 09:41 PM   #33
War Child

oh and for the record, this is the most tv I've seen in easily 3 years.....

Xavier
Old 10-13-2004, 09:49 PM   #34
War Child

kinda upset that this conversation isn't as enthusiastic as the last two........really wanted to bring up the best zinger of the night

"Being lectured by the president about fiscal responsibility is a little bit like Tony Soprano lecturing me about law and order in this country,"

Xavier

(last post I swear)
Old 10-13-2004, 10:19 PM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by EdgeVox
kinda upset that this conversation isn't as enthusiastic as the last two........really wanted to bring up the best zinger of the night

"Being lectured by the president about fiscal responsibility is a little bit like Tony Soprano lecturing me about law and order in this country,"

Xavier

(last post I swear)
Great quote!
Old 10-13-2004, 10:43 PM   #36
Blue Crack Distributor

i thought it was cute that georgie poo and johnny bear wore the exact same outfits
Old 10-14-2004, 05:43 AM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:20 AM
I thought this was the closest one. I did think it was ridiculous when Bush answered a question about jobs with something about education. He was doing fine, and then in my opinion he made a big mistake with that question. My parents started yelling! I didn't think Kerry made any mistakes.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:57 AM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:20 PM
I thought it was low of Kerry to bring up Cheneys daughter.

Quote:
DEBATE MODERATOR: Do you believe homosexuality is a choice?

GEORGE BUSH: You know, Bob, I don't know. We just don't know. I do know that we have a choice to make in America, and that is to treat people with tolerance and respect and dignity. It's important that we do that.

I also know in a free society people� consenting adults, can live the way they want to live, and that's to be honoured. But as we respect someone's rights and as we profess tolerance, we shouldn't change or have to change our basic views on the sanctity of marriage. I believe in the sanctity of marriage.

JOHN KERRY: I think if you were to talk to Dick Cheney's daughter, who is a lesbian, she would tell you that she's being who she was, she's being who she was born as. I think if you talk to anybody, it's not choice.

The President and I share the belief that marriage is between a man and a woman. I believe that. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. With respect to DOMA (Defence of Marriage Act) and the marriage laws, the states have always been able to manage those laws, and they're proving today, every state, that they can manage them adequately.
Dragging in the VP's daughter, poor form.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:11 AM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

I don't agree w/ Kerry bring up Cheney's daughter either, even though I certainly agree in general terms w/ what he said, except that I have no problem w/ gay marriage.

I agree verte about the way Bush answered that jobs question-lame!
Old 10-14-2004, 06:20 AM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
I don't agree w/ Kerry bring up Cheney's daughter either, even though I certainly agree in general terms w/ what he said, except that I have no problem w/ gay marriage.

I agree verte about the way Bush answered that jobs question-lame!
I agree.

I also think Bush looked crazy and unstable but that's nothing new.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:21 AM   #41
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
I don't want a down-to-earth easy-going guy for my president, damnit! I want someone who can meet with other world-leaders and speak like an adult!
Ding ding! We have a winner.

Can I direct us to the living wage issue? Kerry had a great answer, and Bush essentially...erm...redirected to NCLB, which makes no sense. NCLB is a K-12 legislation. Some one who lost her job should go back to high school?

I do wish Kerry had been more energetic and consise, like he was in #2, but whatever. I did get a laugh out of some conservative commentors complaining that voters can't connect to Kerry because he uses too many "cold facts". Yeah, we voters hate those. LOL. Bush did well with "his" kind of question (religion, etc) but on actual policy questions, he evaded. And WHY did he deny saying he wasn't concerned about UBL? I *remember* him saying it, and every news station that has it on tape does too.

I also wish Kerry'd nail Bush on the Pentagon's stop loss policy and be more clear on WHY Bush's tax cuts are "for the rich." Some folks think it's just rhetoric because Kerry doesn't really clarify, althought he's correct in his assessment.

Anyway, on to the polls.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:27 AM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:20 AM
The next few weeks will be NASTY and fascinating. I don't think Bush did what he needed to do, which was to stop and reverse Kerry's edge in the polls. I can guarantee you there'll be some DIRRRTY tricks between now and Nov 2. It's so f***ing close no one can make a defninitive prediction at this point.

Great debate though!
Old 10-14-2004, 06:35 AM   #43
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
I thought it was low of Kerry to bring up Cheneys daughter.

Dragging in the VP's daughter, poor form.
There is nothing to be ashamed of being homosexual - so i don't think it's a problem speaking about it.
If she would marry a young man in the next weeks and he spoke about it would you call it a "poor form" too ?
Old 10-14-2004, 06:41 AM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:20 AM

I thought it was funny to see Bush claim he doesn't want to push his religious beliefs on to people and then continue to flaunt his Defense of Marriage and Faith-based Initiatives nonsense.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:42 AM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:20 PM
abc poll debate likely voters-

48 Kerry
47 Bush

but its a conspiracy