32 Years Ago...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
32 Years to the day (September 5) Arab terrorists moved into the Olympic Village in Munich and took Israeli athletes hostage. Due to political obfuscation and a botched CT operation 11 athletes were killed.

After little over a month a Lufthansa jet was hijacked, the terrorists demanded that the 3 Black September terrorists captured by the Germans be released, the Germans capitulated and released the terrorists - without the consultation of Israel - but thankfully afterwards Mossad organized assasinations of all those at large and a few enablers.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Terrorism/munich.html

This was a horrifically evil deed carried out by subhuman monsters. There's not a strong enough word to condemn acts like this. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

In a way, that was really the beginning of what was to come, wasn't it? What a sad day for those athletes and their families and their nation, and longterm, what a horrible chain of events that set off for the world.

Mossad (Israeli intelligence service) went out and killed terrorists - that prevented more innocent people getting killed and that is a very good thing. They did it professionally, such as planting a bomb beneath the floorboards in one apartment so when the target picked up the phone they could wipe them out. I am sorry if it seems cold but those terrorists were killers, they would have killed again and preventing that from hapening was a good thing.

Oh, I was hoping thats not what you meant. I will have to respectfully disagree with you on that one.

But, yeah, the whole Olympics thing was nasty. Im so relieved the recent Olympics went off so well. I know some of the risk management /anti terrorist guys that worked the Sydney Olympics and were asked to assist at Athens. Most of them said no, as they thought it would be such a balls up - it was predicted to be the worst security risk the Olympics has even known. Im so glad it wasnt.

RIP the Israeli athletes from Munich Olympics.

:sad:

and might i add, shortly after that hijacking Helmut Schmidt (Socal-Democrat) became chancelor, the next hijacking of a Lufthansa plane (October 1977"Landshut") ended verry differently because it was the policy of Mr. Schmidt that a Country must not be blackmailed by terrorists.

Back
Top Bottom