2nd Black President????? NOT - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2004, 11:50 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:52 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: 2nd Black President????? NOT

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

The overwhelming majority or a small, vocal minority of African American leadership who determines what "proper" African Americans should think?

Gore got 90% of the black vote in 2000.

Who dilutes themselves in this conversation?

Old 03-09-2004, 11:50 AM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Exactly. Kerry was trying to further the presumption that African Americans should line up and support him. He hasn't earned anything and he got called on it.
He maybe hasn't earned it yet, but that was exactly what he was saying. If he COULD earn it, he wouldn't be upset. He hasn't earned it yet, but maybe can...

Old 03-09-2004, 11:53 AM   #18
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:52 PM
Ah yes, the good ol "Uncle Tom" issue. Just another way to brand someone who thinks different from you instead of confronting their ideas with some original ideas of your own. Come on people, why should a certain "race" only think and vote a certain way? Isn't that somewhat racist in and of itself? I think that is having your head in the sand when it comes to issues if one only votes according to what ones skin color determines.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:57 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:52 PM
I agree that it's not really fair to talk about the "black vote" as a block. I have an African American friend who's a Republican and one who's a Democrat. The Republican is not an Uncle Tom; he came to his convictions honestly. An "Uncle Tom" is an African American who believes he or she should be in a servile, second-class citizen situation. It's dumb to talk about any group as a voting block. I know from personal experience that it's ridiculous to talk about the "Catholic" vote. There are Democrats and Republicans in my own parish. I've seen Bush, Dean and Kerry bumper stickers in the church parking lot. Ideally no race cards would be played in this campaign, but this is American politics.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:18 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:52 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2nd Black President????? NOT

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
Who dilutes themselves in this conversation?
It was diluted when "Uncle Tom" was brought in.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:55 PM   #21
Babyface

Quote:
Originally posted by Ft. Worth Frog
Ah yes, the good ol "Uncle Tom" issue. Just another way to brand someone who thinks different from you instead of confronting their ideas with some original ideas of your own. Come on people, why should a certain "race" only think and vote a certain way? Isn't that somewhat racist in and of itself? I think that is having your head in the sand when it comes to issues if one only votes according to what ones skin color determines.
I agree with this statement.

vince peal
Old 03-09-2004, 03:56 PM   #22
Babyface

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
I agree that it's not really fair to talk about the "black vote" as a block. I have an African American friend who's a Republican and one who's a Democrat. The Republican is not an Uncle Tom; he came to his convictions honestly. An "Uncle Tom" is an African American who believes he or she should be in a servile, second-class citizen situation. It's dumb to talk about any group as a voting block. I know from personal experience that it's ridiculous to talk about the "Catholic" vote. There are Democrats and Republicans in my own parish. I've seen Bush, Dean and Kerry bumper stickers in the church parking lot. Ideally no race cards would be played in this campaign, but this is American politics.
I also agree with this statement

vince peal
Old 03-12-2004, 03:00 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:52 AM
Blah blah fucking blah. I should start taking bets on who will say what, cause it's always utterly predictable.
Old 03-13-2004, 01:41 PM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:52 PM
it's sad that many of today's black "leaders" label any african-american who disagrees with what would be considered to be the ideas of the "black majority" an uncle tom. i would like to think those who vote a certain way based soley on the color of the skin rather than on their own personal ideals would be more harmful, more like an "uncle tom," than someone who was a republican. but hey... that's just me.

"people need to just think for themselves. i'm neither conservative or liberal. i'm a little bit of both. for example, on crime, I'm conservative. on prostitution, i'm liberal."
-chris rock
Old 03-15-2004, 10:53 AM   #25
War Child

EERM I don't really class my self as a racist but i don't like the idea of immigrants coming over to stay for free!!!

I can't believe there letting millions of Gypses into Britain!!! We only av a small country!!!

This means that TAXES ARE GONNA RISE HIGHER!!! Im out of here, lol!!!
Old 03-15-2004, 10:56 AM   #26
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:52 PM