25 Dumbest Media Quotes Of 05 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2005, 10:35 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
O'Reily, Limbaugh, and Robertson.

Three of the most annoying and disturbing guys on the planet.
Yep.

They're the Unholy Trinity.

Old 12-29-2005, 11:56 PM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 10:18 AM
Funny how you censored your own list. I found the same list which contained all the idiotic Air America quotes as well. EXAMPLE:

A spoiled child (Bush) is telling us our Social Security isn't safe anymore, so he is going to fix it for us. Well, here's your answer, you ungrateful whelp: [audio sound of 4 gunshots being fired.] Just try it, you little b*stard. [audio of gun being cocked]." --Air America Radio's Randi Rhodes

Old 12-30-2005, 02:50 AM   #18
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Abomb-baby
Funny how you censored your own list. I found the same list which contained all the idiotic Air America quotes as well. EXAMPLE:

A spoiled child (Bush) is telling us our Social Security isn't safe anymore, so he is going to fix it for us. Well, here's your answer, you ungrateful whelp: [audio sound of 4 gunshots being fired.] Just try it, you little b*stard. [audio of gun being cocked]." --Air America Radio's Randi Rhodes
Funny how you completely ignored the fact that this quote was on there, and jumped to attack.

Fucking typical...
Old 12-30-2005, 02:58 AM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Funny how you completely ignored the fact that this quote was on there, and jumped to attack.

Fucking typical...

And didn't Mrs.S just post the top 25 as about.com had them listed? I don't think she did any picking and choosing...just posted the top 25.

You know what I notice about the list is that some of the quotes really do seem to be the "oh crap! What the fuck am I saying!" things that everyone does occasionally (like the Wolf Blitzer one -- although I almost pissed myself laughing at that one ).

But a few of the people are just fucking nasty. I'm looking at you Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh and Pat Robertson -- each has at least a couple of quotes listed and they all come off as vicious bastards. Randi Rhodes is quite a piece of work too.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:02 AM   #20
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by indra

And didn't Mrs.S just post the top 25 as about.com had them listed? I don't think she did any picking and choosing...just posted the top 25.
People love their conspiracy theories...
Old 12-30-2005, 08:25 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I guess that means dear Ann doesn't get to engage in much repartee then, doesn't it?

And no, I didn't censor any of the list. Maybe I messed up on the copying and pasting but I don't think so.

Why am I not surprised that even a thread like this has to involve some sort of bs
Old 12-30-2005, 08:47 AM   #22
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:18 PM
Quote:

I guess that means dear Ann doesn't get to engage in much repartee then, doesn't it?
And, she's apparently forgotten that "repartee" is a French word.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:32 PM   #23
Refugee

Nice list.

Someone I haven't seen mentioned in any posts so far is Bill Maher. I can't stand that guy. He's one of the people that whenever he speaks, I just can't help but have the overwhelming urge to smack him.

And that Blitzer one was great. "so poor...and so black.."
Old 12-30-2005, 08:28 PM   #24
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:18 PM
Why does that moron Limbaugh still exists, let alone remain part of the 'mainstream' media? Christ on a bike.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:35 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by XHendrix24
Nice list.

that sounds like Bush speak.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:38 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by XHendrix24
Nice list.

Someone I haven't seen mentioned in any posts so far is Bill Maher. I can't stand that guy. He's one of the people that whenever he speaks, I just can't help but have the overwhelming urge to smack him.

Bill Maher is like a poor man's Jon Stewart, only less funny than a poor man's Jon Stewart. He's master of the obvious. I watch him because his show is pretty good, but I have never taken his wit as revealing or funny, he just gets some interesting guests and asks some decent questions.

He's sort of like a more interesting Al Franken, who I used to love on SNL, but since think he has taken a turn towards mega-boring idiocy. He can be downright funny sometimes, but he can also be an extreme leftist who is blinded by ideaology the same as a moron like Ann Coulter. I just ask for some fucking objectivity, that's all.

One omission from that list was GW Bush saying to FEMA Director Browne on camera "doin' a good job Brownie!" Hilarious and poignantly revealing a total disconnect with reality and hinting at absolute nepotism.

As far as what Blitzer said, I heard him explain that comment, he was trying to say that it was apparent that these people were predominantly black and nobody was helping them, in other words, is this part of the problem? Not a well chosen phrase, but I don't think it was veiled racism or anything. I tend to think of most of those talking heads as complete knobs.

And while I detest Bob Novak and think he's an absolute douchebag, I don't have a problem with him getting pissed and cursing and leaving the set. At least he's being honest about it.

I don't know how those with their tongue planted firmly in cheek could make this list when there are so many 'serious' buffoons out there. That includes those like Glen Beck and Randi Rhodes, morons who's schtick shouldn't be taken at face value or taken seriously AT ALL. Pat Robertson, now that stuff is golden.

Bill O'Reilly is just a total ego-maniac. Best not to take him nearly as seriously as he takes himself.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:41 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Abomb-baby

And of course, this is the funniest thing in the whole thread.

Jumped the gun a little bit on that one.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:24 AM   #28
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by U2DMfan

And of course, this is the funniest thing in the whole thread.

You should see some of his other posts, he's a riot.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:18 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Old 12-31-2005, 08:31 AM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

I can't stand Bill Maher either, I think he's a pompous ass-one I can remember that he said this year was that "men just want women to shut up". I don't know though, sometimes I start to believe that. I'd like him to shut up..