218 Reasons NOT to vote Liberal!!!!!! - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2006, 08:49 PM   #76
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
No I think that the campaign ads were the funniest ones I have heard. ever.
Well, if the Liberal ads are funny, the Conservative ads were hilarious. The fake interview format made me want to laugh. However, I do have to give the Conservatives credit for creating probably the most original TV political ad campaign I've ever seen. It's usually a barrage of attack ads from both sides with some kind of mysterious announcer in the background. A fake interview format, even if chuckle-worthy, was quite the departure from the norm.

Melon

Old 01-24-2006, 04:07 AM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:13 AM
I guess these "218 reasons" won - because the conservative party won the election in Canada.

Not being terribly familiar with Canadian politics, I hope and pray that the conservative party there is infinitely better than the one in the U.S., where we are enduring the worst regime in decades. I should stress that I am not anti-Republican or anti-conservative - I just call it as it is, and the current Bush presidency will go down in history as a horrific failure on so many levels that it is embarrassing. Hopefully, the Canadian conservatives can learn from these mistakes.

Old 01-24-2006, 10:42 AM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by doctorwho
Not being terribly familiar with Canadian politics, I hope and pray that the conservative party there is infinitely better than the one in the U.S., where we are enduring the worst regime in decades. I should stress that I am not anti-Republican or anti-conservative - I just call it as it is, and the current Bush presidency will go down in history as a horrific failure on so many levels that it is embarrassing. Hopefully, the Canadian conservatives can learn from these mistakes.
If this were really true, wouldn't the liberal party be able to leverage the anti-Bush sentiments into a victory?