2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIV: May This Entertainment Never End - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-08-2016, 05:37 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: southern california
Posts: 8,913
Local Time: 03:37 AM
__________________

__________________
david is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 05:38 PM   #32
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 51,704
Local Time: 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Oh oh oh, is there a list? I was looking for it to enjoy my dinner with once I saw Arnold backed down, but I couldn't seem to find a nice juicy list.
Sen. Mark Kirk (Ill.)
Sen. Mike Lee (Utah)
Sen. Jeff Flake (Ariz.)
Sen. Ben Sasse (Neb.)
Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.)
Sen. Kelly Ayotte (N.H.)
Sen. Mike Crapo (Idaho)
Sen. John Thune (S.D.)
Sen. Lisa Murkowski (Alaska)
Sen. Dan Sullivan (Alaska)
Sen. Susan Collins (Maine)
Sen. Deb Fischer (Neb.)
Sen. Cory Gardner (Colo.)
Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (W.Va.)
Sen. John McCain (Ariz.)
Gov. Gary Herbert (Utah)
Gov. John Kasich (Ohio)
Gov. Dennis Daugaard (S.D.)
Gov. Robert Bentley (Ala.)
Gov. Brian Sandoval (Nev.)
Rep. Jason Chaffetz (Utah)
Rep. Mike Coffman (Colo.)
Rep. Barbara Comstock (Va.)
Rep. Martha Roby (Ala.)
Rep. Chris Stewart (Utah)
Rep. Carlos Curbelo (Fla.)
Rep. Bob Dold (Ill.)
Rep. Scott Garrett (N.J.)
Rep. Cresent Hardy (Nev.)
Rep. Joe Heck (Nev.)
Rep. Mia Love (Utah)
Rep. Fred Upton (Mich.)
Rep. Bradley Byrne (Ala.)
Rep. Ann Wagner (Mo.)
Rep. Rodney Davis (Ill.)
Rep. Charlie Dent (Penn.)
Rep. Frank LoBiondo (N.J.)
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 10-08-2016, 05:44 PM   #33
New Yorker
 
bobsaget77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,199
Local Time: 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
37 Republicans have rescinded their endorsement thus far, including McCain,


The biggest one is Jason Chaffetz. Since he rescinded, they've been dropping like flies.
__________________
bobsaget77 is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 05:47 PM   #34
New Yorker
 
bobsaget77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,199
Local Time: 11:37 AM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIV: May This Entertainment Never End

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Better yet, we need a list of republicans who refused to endorse him from day 1.

Jebbers Bush
Georgie Bush
Georgie 2 Bush
Mittens
Ben Sasse

Am I missing anyone?

Kasich.
This almost feels like the perfect opening for Mitt. Maybe he's been running the most brilliant campaign in the history of campaigns and we don't even know it yet.
This election has been so insane and unpredictable, who even knows.
__________________
bobsaget77 is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 05:50 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,342
Local Time: 06:37 AM
it feels like the great beast that has been terrifying the villagers for months is finally weakened from enough spears and arrows to be reduced to a dying hulk.
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 05:55 PM   #36
New Yorker
 
bobsaget77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,199
Local Time: 11:37 AM
The best way to sum up this election.

__________________
bobsaget77 is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 06:02 PM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,006
Local Time: 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
Kasich.
This almost feels like the perfect opening for Mitt. Maybe he's been running the most brilliant campaign in the history of campaigns and we don't even know it yet.
This election has been so insane and unpredictable, who even knows.

Oh right, Kasich. How could I forget.

I don't how how Mittens could run, exactly.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 06:07 PM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life
 
dan_smee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 11,131
Local Time: 10:37 PM
Seems the tide is finally turning. I think the problem with the Trump phenomenon is that it represents a broader feeling that career politicians are by default corrupt, and that he seemed like an "anyone else" pick. The problem with that is that politics, and especially governing are infinitely more complex than Joe Public realises, and there are some very decent, non-corrupt politicians out there. The Australian senate has shown us that old mates who get in off the back of an "anyone else" pick tend to fuck things up completely, and they have no political savvy to actually get anything done.

That, and the fact that Trump is a walking embodiment of actual corruption, sexual deviance, misogyny, incompetence, racism, bigotry, and just general fuckery that he should be reprehensible to almost all of his supporters, but it gets to the point where he could shit on an American flag on stage and he'd be rewarded for his bravery. People are fucking dumb.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
dan_smee is online now  
Old 10-08-2016, 06:15 PM   #39
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddam place
Posts: 41,818
Local Time: 03:37 AM
Those Republicans that have rescinded their endorsements can go fuck themselves for even endorsing him in the first place. It took them THIS LONG to figure out what was going on?
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 06:19 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 9,687
Local Time: 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Oh right, Kasich. How could I forget.

I don't how how Mittens could run, exactly.
If Trump won't quit, the only way for him to run would be as an independent. Then the question is, could he win? Ordinarily, you couldn't run a four-week presidential campaign in the U.S. and expect to have any chance, but this is a guy who was the nominee four years ago, he was already publicly vetted throughout a two-year cycle. People already know what they need to know about him.

Still, I think the best he could do in four weeks is to peel off enough disaffected Republicans who were going to sit it out, Republicans who were only going to vote for Trump because of the R and how much they think Hillary is the devil, and Republicans/conservative-leaning Independents who were going to vote for Hillary because Trump, and Johnson supporters, to end up in something akin to a three-way tie. And then who the hell knows what happens when any of them are elected with thirty-some percent of the vote.

But even that seems unlikely. I just don't know if the never-Trumpers are a big enough faction of Hillary's voters to drag her percentage down that much, to keep her from winning if they left her.

This is all academic though, I highly doubt anyone is going to enter the race at this point.
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 06:23 PM   #41
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: nyc
Posts: 51,704
Local Time: 06:37 AM
You can't even get on every ballot this late.

It's over, Johnny
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 10-08-2016, 06:26 PM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,006
Local Time: 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
If Trump won't quit, the only way for him to run would be as an independent. Then the question is, could he win? Ordinarily, you couldn't run a four-week presidential campaign in the U.S. and expect to have any chance, but this is a guy who was the nominee four years ago, he was already publicly vetted throughout a two-year cycle. People already know what they need to know about him.



Still, I think the best he could do in four weeks is to peel off enough disaffected Republicans who were going to sit it out, Republicans who were only going to vote for Trump because of the R and how much they think Hillary is the devil, and Republicans/conservative-leaning Independents who were going to vote for Hillary because Trump, and Johnson supporters, to end up in something akin to a three-way tie. And then who the hell knows what happens when any of them are elected with thirty-some percent of the vote.



But even that seems unlikely. I just don't know if the never-Trumpers are a big enough faction of Hillary's voters to drag her percentage down that much, to keep her from winning if they left her.



This is all academic though, I highly doubt anyone is going to enter the race at this point.

You need to back up like 20 steps and remember... ballot access is done. Independents can't get on the ballots in virtually any of the states at this point. You're talking about a *write-in* Romney.

The only choices we have on every state are republican, democrat, libertarian, and I think green but not entirely sure.

The only way anyone walks into the race is if Trump steps down.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 06:29 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 9,687
Local Time: 06:37 AM
You're both right, totally forgot about that.

Probably a good rule, so people can't just decide to run at the last minute.
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 06:33 PM   #44
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddam place
Posts: 41,818
Local Time: 03:37 AM
And write-ins don't count in most states unless they register as a write-in beforehand. I'm sure that window has closed.

The Republicans are stuck with the spawn of the demon seed they planted when a colored man was elected president.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 10-08-2016, 06:42 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,319
Local Time: 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Those Republicans that have rescinded their endorsements can go fuck themselves for even endorsing him in the first place. It took them THIS LONG to figure out what was going on?
I mean, it should be clear that they are simply jumping off a sinking ship. It's not about being morally outraged at anything he said. Many were probably planning on distancing themselves from Trump anyway if he had a poor showing. Purely tactical behavior. These are still the same assholes that found a way to support an unambiguously racist, xenophobic and misogynist candidate.
__________________

__________________
gump is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com