2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIV: May This Entertainment Never End

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone develop a politics filter on Facebook? Please?! I am so infuriated by the ignorance surrounding the Trump tapes. I've seen so many shitty memes; everything from comparing it to Beyoncé being sexual, to someone said Hillary said 'fuck' a few times, to Obama said the word 'pussy' once. THIS ISN'T ABOUT LANGUAGE! This isn't about sex. If you can't figure out what it's about, you probably shouldn't be voting.

I'm by no means a Facebook addict, but it would be a shame to have to stop entirely, because Cori the pictures of your house are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think a lot of people would be in favor of that idea, BVS-ironically one thing that all sides might actually agree on :p!

I hardly ever pop on Facebook, so I've been lucky to avoid that mess thus far. I have a lot of conservative relatives, so I'm sure they've posted a few pretty rabid anti-Hilary things, but I think, given most of the people I'm friends with on there, I'd probably read a lot more "Both choices suck" apathetic posts than anything else.

My main experience with the ignorance surrounding Trump has been from reading letters to my local and state newspapers, as well as articles that focused on Trump supporters throughout the state. Some of the stuff I've read there has been...:crack:. Trump was not kidding when he said he could shoot someone in the street and still get votes (or whatever the exact quote was). These people are in to the bitter end. It's fascinating and scary all at the same time.

If you're Mike Pence, who may have just despicable ideas but at least seems to live his life according to these backwards ancient ideals... and you're playing yourself out there all day about this proof that well set the record straight about Trump's accusers... and all he comes out with is that the NYT has a Mexican stock holder?

I mean... are ya shitting me?

Can someone develop a politics filter on Facebook? Please?! I am so infuriated by the ignorance surrounding the Trump tapes. I've seen so many shitty memes; everything from comparing it to Beyoncé being sexual, to someone said Hillary said 'fuck' a few times, to Obama said the word 'pussy' once. THIS ISN'T ABOUT LANGUAGE! This isn't about sex. If you can't figure out what it's about, you probably shouldn't be voting.

I'm by no means a Facebook addict, but it would be a shame to have to stop entirely, because Cori the pictures of your house are awesome.

Facebook is just horrible right now.

A 1994 interview with the current GOP nominee for President...

Q: So why in 1992 did you tell a writer for New York Magazine, Marie Brenner, that ‘You have to treat women like shit” — ultimately pouring a bottle of wine down her back?

A: I didn’t say that. The woman’s a liar, extremely unattractive, lots of problems because of her looks.

Q: That statement is exactly why women think you’re a chauvinist pig.

A: They’re right — and not. People say, “How can you say such a thing?” but there’s a truth in it, in a modified form. Psychologists will tell you that some women want to be treated with respect, others differently. I tell friends who treat their wives magnificently, get treated like crap in return, “Be rougher and you’ll see a different relationship.” Unfortunately, with people in general, you get more with vinegar than honey.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I seriously cannot even begin to describe my anger that one of the mainstream candidates for president of the US judges the worth of a woman entirely on his perception of her attractiveness, and that even as the wheels falls off his campaign more than a microscopic percentage of the population - including, it appears, a majority of men in a majority of states - remain willing to give their support to a person who does this.

73% of GOP women still support him

Stockholm Syndrome.

I am dreading that day.

[tweet]787273897179840512[/tweet]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

To anybody who knows the history of authoritarian regimes, this is eerily familiar.

These embedded tweets are killing me guys. Being on mobile I feel like I'm missing half the conversation.

To anybody who knows the history of authoritarian regimes, this is eerily familiar.

Yet also voter intimidation tactics the Republicans have been encouraging for at least three election cycles now. Ugly as it is, this isn't unique to Trump.

I seriously cannot even begin to describe my anger that one of the mainstream candidates for president of the US judges the worth of a woman entirely on his perception of her attractiveness, and that even as the wheels falls off his campaign more than a microscopic percentage of the population - including, it appears, a majority of men in a majority of states - remain willing to give their support to a person who does this.

You are not alone in that anger. It's truly embarrassing and horrifying and shameful.

Mmhm.

Earlier this week, the head of the Iowa women's GOP group resigned over Trump. They got another woman to take over fairly quickly, and she had a statement about how, while she does not agree with Trump's comments, this election is about much more than Trump, and went on to talk about standing up for the issues important to conservatives, one of which is the belief that "marriage is between a man and a woman".

'Cause nothing says "traditional family values" like having a presidential nominee who's been married three times, had multiple affairs, and thinks it's okay to treat women like shit and talk in vulgar terms about them. The cognitive dissonance with these people is just...truly mind-blowing.

Regarding those tweets, boy, this party's doing a fabulous job of proving precisely why we need gun control. The party and many of its supporters are also doing a good job of reminding me why I have no respect for them, and why they haven't gotten my vote thus far, and won't get my vote for the foreseeable future.

Orange Cosby is calling for drug tests prior to the next debate because he suspects that Hillary is using performance enhancing drugs (like athletes).

I can't even with this anymore. :|

Don't you guys understand that if Trump doesn't win we'll all be paying 90% tax rates to our gay Mexican ISIS overlords?

Did someone say my name?

It's funny ... I sat on the tarmac in DC and listens to two men talk about the election. They first slammed Bernie for his $600k lake house. Then talked about how rich the Clintons were. Then about how the media is "all in on it." Because the elites are stealing the election -- did you know they've already found a bag of fraudulent votes from early voting?

Trump has successfully created doubt if not disbelief in democratic institutions, and created a huge fan base convinced that all the media (the media that tells them news they don't like) for his upcoming "news" network.

Performance art, indeed.

Don't you guys understand that if Trump doesn't win we'll all be paying 90% tax rates to our gay Mexican ISIS overlords?

Did someone say my name?

It's funny ... I sat on the tarmac in DC and listens to two men talk about the election. They first slammed Bernie for his $600k lake house. Then talked about how rich the Clintons were. Then about how the media is "all in on it." Because the elites are stealing the election -- did you know they've already found a bag of fraudulent votes from early voting?

Trump has successfully created doubt if not disbelief in democratic institutions, and created a huge fan base convinced that all the media (the media that tells them news they don't like) for his upcoming "news" network.

Performance art, indeed.

Yep. It's all "liberal bias" and the media is "in the tank" for her.

Couldn't have anything whatsoever to do with the fact that Trump is a fucking nutcase and scaring people away. Nope.

Which begs the question...why would the media want to dedicate resources to backing a guy who seems to be actively tanking his own campaign?

I don't feel a whit of sympathy for Trump. Fuck that guy.

So safe to assume no one is gonna try to take Clinton out? Obama had a lot of anger and apocalyptic talk of when he took over and while threats have been higher for him than any other, he made it out ok (fingers crossed). That Boston globe article is really scary with the shit they say:

Bloodshed will happen
Revolution
Muslim rape-fest

What is wrong in these people's lives to say this? I'd love to see their pre Obama lives compared to now. It's just delusional for majority of them.

Oh, and Clintons Wall St transcripts were leaked. And I don't quite get the outrage. She basically told them the same things she's said in public.

There's no smoking gun. No AHHH HA!!!!! Sorry Bernie Bros, you got these transcripts and there's just no outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom