2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIV: May This Entertainment Never End

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bottom is falling out. Two women report gropings to the NYT, a third to a paper in Palm Beach. A former Miss Arizona says Trump used to come into the locker rooms of the parents while contestants were naked, and tape from an interview with Howard Stern confirms.

I think this is the tip of the iceberg.

I expect Trump to be out of the race before the next debate.

Bluer, Oregoropa, "Debra", Jamie, iron; have you all given up?

You're gonna let Bob be the one with integrity?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I want him to stay in and crash and burn so bad that he can never recover from it. I want him to be so broken that he will never even consider this kind of bullshit run for the presidency ever again. I want it to be so bad that it takes the Republicans decades to recover.

He definitely needs to stay in the running (and will, I've no doubt). To quote a different candidate from a different country long ago, he should wear this like a crown of thorns.

Today, the upper house of the state parliament of New South Wales passed unanimously the following motion:

1027. Mr Buckingham to move—
That this House:
(a) condemns the misogynistic, hateful comments made by the Republican candidate for President
of the United States of America, Mr Donald Trump, about women and minorities, including the
remarks revealed over the weekend that clearly describe sexual assault,
(b) reflects on the divisive, destructive impact that hate speech from political candidates and
members of elected office has on our community, and
(c) agrees with those who have described Mr Trump as ‘a revolting slug’ unfit for public office.

I feel I should note here that NSW at the moment has a conservative government in office and the upper house includes members of the Shooters and Fishers Party and the Christian Democratic Party (some of you may recall Bono criticising its fundamentalist Bible-thumping leader Fred Nile on bootlegs of U2 concerts in Sydney), though I'm unsure who was actually in attendance this morning. But this is no self-congratulatory chorus of pinko commies.

'Revolting slug': NSW Parliament's surprise Donald Trump condemnation

I expect Trump to be out of the race before the next debate.

I want him to stay in and crash and burn so bad that he can never recover from it. I want him to be so broken that he will never even consider this kind of bullshit run for the presidency ever again. I want it to be so bad that it takes the Republicans decades to recover.

Yep, I'm with Martha. I hope he doesn't drop out. I want to watch him burn his entire legacy and the Republican Party to the ground by 8 November. The longer he stays in, the more scandals that will come out, and the more consequences he will have to face for decades of deplorable behaviour. Suck it, Donald. You've dug your own grave.

Though the Republicans are fucked even if he does walk.

Hindenburg.gif

Though the Republicans are fucked even if he does walk.

They really are, yeah. And I share in the complete lack of sympathy for their situation.

Mind, I think the Democrats/liberals shouldn't get too comfy and assume they've got it made from here on out, because even if we are seeing the death of the Republican Party (at least, as it stands now, perhaps, if nothing else), I don't think they'll go out quietly. They'll fight to the bitter end. So the Democrats/liberals need to be prepared for how to properly deal with and combat that if and when it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom