2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It was a joke, based upon the release of this news:

The NYT just got ahold of his 1995 statement.

He reported a loss of over $900m, and effectively removed his federal tax liability for 18 years.

If there's anything that should get the rest of us angry (i.e., those of us who don't live off family wealth), is that such a thing is possible. Byzantine tax laws are taken advantage of by our effectively landed gentry so they can avoid paying taxes. These are our welfare cheats, the ones who game the system. These are the takers. And it's legal.

Yeah, I'd REALLY love to see the Republican Party and its supporters try and justify this whole thing with Trump. Are they going to call HIM a "lazy moocher who cheats the system", like they have poor people for years?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no.

Giuliani's spin was that Trump had an obligation to his shareholders to minimize losses however he could, and claimed it was a mark of business smarts. :crack:

Giuliani's spin was that Trump had an obligation to his shareholders to minimize losses however he could, and claimed it was a mark of business smarts. :crack:

Except he doesn't have shareholders.

Oh, we're going to do that thing again where you assume to know the truth of a marriage you actually know nothing about? Great.

And by inferring that I'm wrong, you're doing exactly the same. Nobody knows the truth about what they do behind private doors, but almost nobody reasonable believes that Bill Clinton doesn't sleep with other women on the side. I mean, do we have to get into the schedule checking where recently they were found to be together, at most, a month out of a given year?

Clinton basically pulled a Romney when talking to her donors in that leaked audio. Pretty much has no respect for anybody that didn't support her in the primary because they must be delusional for not getting behind the anointed one right away. :doh:

And nice grasping at straws a page back there. No, it's not sexism to say that publicly lying about your marriage brings up issues of trust. If the genders were reversed, it would be the exact same issue at hand here. Go back to your safe space along with those that also can't comprehend political arguments.

Why are you so obsessed with Bill Clinton's dick, what he does with it, and what Hillary's reaction should be? Seriously. Why?

Jesus christ. Do some of you not get it? It's about creating a public facade and denying reality and the trust issues that entails. Meanwhile, I only brought it up because it could have been an easy tactic for the Republican Party to use had they actually bothered.

I do not care who Bill screws. I do not care if Hillary is fine with it personally. Do not care. Do not care. Do not care.

Read between the lines, people. Quit just putting up some damn shield like I'm being the moral police on the issue.

If this was a corporate return then it would not only be true, but the fiduciary duty of the Board. But as I understand it these are personal tax returns for him and Marla so I'm not sure who these shareholders are...

Jesus christ. Do some of you not get it? It's about creating a public facade and denying reality and the trust issues that entails.

What public facade?

I mean you yourself keep saying that everybody knows Bill sleeps around, so the public facade is what, exactly? If you think she knows it and we all know it, then isn't it de facto out in the open? The fact they stay married bothering you? I don't get it.

I think they should just announce their open relationship and get on with it already. Show them how welcoming the presidential family is.

Jesus christ. Do some of you not get it? It's about creating a public facade and denying reality and the trust issues that entails.

You're the one creating a facade. You're pretending it's not obsession, it's not sexism, that it's something it's not.

You don't know their arrangements or their understanding; stop pretending like you do. You look foolish.

Seriously, under what obligation is Hillary to be open with the public about the state of their marriage, or any arrangements they might or might not have? None, as far as I can tell. It's their business and no one else's, and BMPs obsession with it for months is more than a little creepy.

Seriously, under what obligation is Hillary to be open with the public about the state of their marriage, or any arrangements they might or might not have? None, as far as I can tell. It's their business and no one else's, and BMPs obsession with it for months is more than a little creepy.

CNN - BMP interested in dating HRC

I think they should just announce their open relationship and get on with it already. Show them how welcoming the presidential family is.

Ha ha Clinton's dick.

somebody went to check their fantasy football score and saw my hilarious team name :wink:

you're right though. if he's still screwing other women at this point then she's obviously okay with it. if anyone knows for sure either way, it's her. if he's not screwing other women then the complaints about this are moot. it's their marriage, if they're okay with whatever arrangement they have then who gives a shit? who has any right to give a shit?

Mikal - haha!

I understand what BMP is saying - he doesn't care about any infidelities or arrangements or whatever, what bothers him is the lying. THAT is what I have a problem with, his insistence that Hillary tell the world what is up with their marriage. Uh, no. She does not owe that to anyone, and is well within her rights to lie about it, if she chooses, because, again, the questions should not be asked in the first place, it's nobody's business, and does not impact her ability to serve as president, one way or the other.

Mikal - haha!

I understand what BMP is saying - he doesn't care about any infidelities or arrangements or whatever, what bothers him is the lying. THAT is what I have a problem with, his insistence that Hillary tell the world what is up with their marriage. Uh, no. She does not owe that to anyone, and is well within her rights to lie about it, if she chooses, because, again, the questions should not be asked in the first place, it's nobody's business, and does not impact her ability to serve as president, one way or the other.

But that's the whole point; why are we assuming she's lying?

And by inferring that I'm wrong, you're doing exactly the same.

Nope. I'm not inferring that you're wrong. I'm inferring that you don't have the information necessary to accuse them of deceiving the public about their relationship (which is frankly none of the public's business). If you can't appreciate that distinction, fine, but it's an important one.

Last edited:
Ha ha Clinton's dick.

Green+Bay+Packers+v+Detroit+Lions+kqnucgZsDaQl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom