2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's had the stamina to stand there and take your bullshit for umpteen months + 90 minutes, so ....

Wow and here is sexism in a nutshell. :wave:

Now that they're so heated with each other, can this debate go on for like three more hours? Just our luck that it becomes gold right before the end. Even the crowd was finally excited.

Last edited:
Don't sit there and shake your head at her comment that you've called women pigs and dogs. We can pull up the tweets.

Asshole.

I can't believe we have a crooked business man who moonlights as a reality gameshow host/pseudo celebrity and sometimes makes appearances on WWE wrestling running as president and who might even win. Sure, Reagan was an actor but he spent years in politics becoming governor and eventually president. Trump is just a celebrity.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I had been lulled into a bit of boredom for a while, but I roused to a ragestroke at that last bit.

Jesus, I can't even with this asshole.

No one is going to change their minds about either of them, which is no surprise. It's just hard not to stand up and point to everything he said and scream "DO YOU NOT SEE THIS???" to his supporters.

Guh.

Looks like Trump will win the debate polling but it's not by a huge margin given the polls I'm seeing.

What I learned:

A. Hillary's book is available to buy at bookstores or perhaps an airport near me.

2. Donald has property everywhere.

Third. We're fucked as a nation regardless of the outcome Nov 8

Yeah, but imagining enough people voting for him to elect him at this point isn't even remotely far fetched. It honestly feels like a coin flip at this point.
That's fine, but we can take one night to just shame every Trump voter. Including the ones on this forum. It's fucking shameful.

No. We're not fucked either way.

We have an established, rational politician who deeply understands policy and how government works, as well as how the world works. You may not agree with her, but she is not a threat to the continued existence of any of those things.

Third. We're fucked as a nation regardless of the outcome Nov 8

The main thing that can be taken out of all of this. Felt similar (although on a lesser scale) in regards to recent Australian elections.

Hey, surprise! In 2002, Donald Trump said he supported invading Iraq.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkacz...aq-on-the?bftw&utm_term=.yiErD38OB#.gnDor3PNx

Edit: although the quote is "I guess so," which does kind of line up with his comments now.
Thanks for at least including this.
This forum will show 100% I was aginst the Iraq war from the start of it. Hanz Blix UN Weapons inspector found no evidence of WMDs. In 2002 if some one asked me about Iraq before inspections I may have said the same thing he did. But I can say I was always aginst the war when the war was launched

Well, the election is now over. She beat him by a ludicrously high margin in the debate polling and there's no reason the future debates won't help her even more with the general public.

Only way Trump mounts a comeback is if Assange's leak does a lot to muddy the waters.

Thanks for at least including this.
This forum will show 100% I was aginst the Iraq war from the start of it. Hanz Blix UN Weapons inspector found no evidence of WMDs. In 2002 if some one asked me about Iraq before inspections I may have said the same thing he did. But I can say I was always aginst the war when the war was launched

Same here. Day One. And I never believed there were WMDs. But I'm a liberal, so that shouldn't be surprising. Nobody who supported that travesty can call themselves a Progressive. Fact.

Well, the election is now over. She beat him by a ludicrously high margin in the debate polling and there's no reason the future debates won't help her even more with the general public.

My God I hope so. I've been obsessing about the cabinet appointments he'd make, especially the Department of the Interior, which oversees the NPS, which handles my beloved Grand Canyon. I can't even think about it without getting worked up.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

In 20 years, how are they going to explain to their children that they genuinely thought he was the right person to be President?

Yes, Godwin's Law bla bla bla, but I'm not even joking that this is going to be like trying to explain a vote for the Nazi Party in 1933.

People who think voting for somebody who either espouses or enables fascism, racism, xenophobia, sexism, misogyny, and white supremacy, and who shows complete scorn towards any notion of the truth, deserves neither respect nor engagement. At this point my attitude to Trump supporters is pure condescension and dismissal. Seriously, every single one is a pathetic excuse for a human being. How on earth did the US produce a nation chock-full of trolls? What an embarrassment. The fact this will affect the country I live in, and all others in some way, makes it all the harder to sit idly by and hold my tongue. I watched just a couple of minutes of this debate and Trump is a genuinely repugnant, awful person. It was unbearable, especially as I can't exactly throw back shot after shot while I'm at work, so I turned it off to spare my blood pressure.

I can't even believe we have Trump supporters on this forum. Espousing Trumpist views probably would have got you banned a decade ago, and now this vileness is part of mainstream political discourse?

Seriously, if you support Trump, I hope to god I never meet you. I prefer to avoid fascists and their fellow travellers, thanks.

In 20 years, how are they going to explain to their children that they genuinely thought he was the right person to be President?

I think about that, too. This is going to be taught in history classes and teachers will have to figure out how to explain this insanity. It's a truly surreal thing to imagine.

Already I'm seeing people on other sites bitching that Lester Holt was biased towards Clinton because he didn't ask her about the e-mails (actually, he did) or Benghazi or her foundation :rolleyes:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom