2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the one hand, refugees are human fucking beings.

On the other hand, Skittles are fucking delicious.

Yes to all of this :).

It is a reminder that things were, in fact, better with Bush than they would be with Trump. Not to gloss over the atrocities that happened on Bush's watch, but there were things he did that were not terrible (like the HIV stuff, like finally growing a spine and pushing back against Cheney's most aggressive foreign policy views in his second term, etc.).

It is funny how much better some Republican politicians look in light of the batshit insanity that is Trump, isn't it?

The mention of Dubya reminds me that I saw this bit online earlier today regarding his father:

George H.W. Bush for Hillary? A spokesman isn't saying - CNNPolitics.com

Kinda interesting if true.

It really allows you to put both Bush presidents into perspective. As the primaries did with Jeb! I mean, calling Trump objectively worse than Dubya isn't to say I'd rather have Dubya... but if it were 2000, I would. Dubya didn't really royally fuck up until Iraq. So there's a little bit of hindsight there, but there's no telling what Trump is capable of in terms of disasters.

Interesting article about Clinton's lack of support among young blacks.

Unlike Their Parents, Black Millennials Aren’t A Lock For Clinton | FiveThirtyEight

What's most interesting is that non-whites below the age of 30 actually supported Sanders to a much wider degree than whites. It's information that probably got lost in the shuffle.

For me then and now, age was clearly the most prominent divide during that primary.

Countdown to "Democrats would be in a golden age if only they had nominated Dennis Kucinich in 2004": 3, 2...

Good point. The 45% that didn't vote for Clinton didn't vote for her...so I guess the buyer's remorse comes from the olds that thought she was their best hope against Trump. But they'll be the only ones to blame if she loses.

Good point. The 45% that didn't vote for Clinton didn't vote for her...so I guess the buyer's remorse comes from the olds that thought she was their best hope against Trump. But they'll be the only ones to blame if she loses.

At some point you're going to have to accept that your candidate lost the primary.

In the meantime, it'd be nice if we could stop beating the same dead horse over and over again. Move on.

I think BMP is actually a Clinton plant, trying to get people so riled up that it makes them look forward to voting for Clinton to spite him.

It's a good theory, but as the polls demonstrate, there's nothing anybody can do to excite someone enough to vote for Clinton. :lol:

Perhaps just create a "Everything Bernie Sanders" thread in FYM so that BMP can go there and talk to himself? Would also help him to at least stay on topic :up:

Dave, find a better way to interact with posters who frustrate you. Or better yet, put BMP on your ignore list if you can't resist these outbursts.

no. sorry. not anymore.

when outright admitted trolling, personal attacks calling other posters rapists, repeated sexism and racism over months get met with nothing more than they occasional "hey you shouldn't do that" which he always blatantly (obviously deliberately and usually quite smugly in the very next post) ignores and breaks, shit's gotta change.

i'm sick of reading this crap every day. and yet i'm getting warned because why...i told him to shut up and made my post big and bold? i said "fuck" a couple times?

am i just being too blatant? should i just call him a rapist instead? that seems to be okay. should i just say that he's an asshole because he's probably black? that seems to be okay in fym too.

but don't tell that person to shut the fuck up, that might hurt their feelz a little too much.

seriously, if there's literally never going to be a single consequence for shitty behaviour around here then i'll just leave interference. you'll lose yet another regular who's been active here on a dying forum for 15 years for no good reason. but to me it's not worth the frustration of seeing this shit fly constantly.

All-around good interview this morning by the folks at Morning Joe, who had Robby Meek bumbling through an interview and obfuscated his genuine disinterest/inability to answer legitimate questions by mixing in questions that he should not have had to answer for. It was like a competition of who could look worse. The Clinton campaign sucks, but the media can't nail down why because it keeps getting distracted by the wrong shit.

personal attacks calling other posters rapists,

Show me where this happened. I'm not here 24/7, and if I missed it, then I missed it, but I don't recall him ever calling anyone else here a rapist.

i'm sick of reading this crap every day. and yet i'm getting warned because why...i told him to shut up and made my post big and bold? i said "fuck" a couple times?

Kind of like your complaint with BMP, you continually ignore any warnings from me about the behavior being called out.

should i just call him a rapist instead? that seems to be okay. should i just say that he's an asshole because he's probably black? that seems to be okay in fym too.

Again, show me where called someone here a rapist. Also, thanks for implying that I'm totally cool with racism and sexism in here. Appreciate it. And by your logic, does that mean that I get to insult you and loudly yell at you to shut the fuck up in response to whatever you post? Would that make things better around here?

seriously, if there's literally never going to be a single consequence for shitty behaviour around here then i'll just leave interference. you'll lose yet another regular who's been active here on a dying forum for 15 years for no good reason. but to me it's not worth the frustration of seeing this shit fly constantly.

You're totally right. Since you're obviously privy to any discussions we moderators have been having about behavior in this forum and possible actions that should be taken, you obviously are totally correct that there is literally never going to be a single consequence for shitty behavior around here. In fact, no one has ever been banned on this forum and by golly I'm going to work my hardest to make sure no one ever is again, regardless of their behavior.

:|

In the meantime, if you seriously can't chill and not go off on him (or whoever happens to have pissed you off) every time he rubs you the wrong way, then consider this a formal warning to not do that or it will lead to a forced vacation.

Show me where this happened. I'm not here 24/7, and if I missed it, then I missed it, but I don't recall him ever calling anyone else here a rapist.

okay, so "pro-rape" was the actual label slapped on us all, but you know what i'm talking about: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/us-presidential-election-xii-220262-31.html

and yet i was the one that got the talking-to because i called him "the village idiot". cause that's way more egregious somehow than someone labelling anyone that disagrees with them "pro-rape" as a debating tactic.

Again, show me where called someone here a rapist. Also, thanks for implying that I'm totally cool with racism and sexism in here. Appreciate it. And by your logic, does that mean that I get to insult you and loudly yell at you to shut the fuck up in response to whatever you post? Would that make things better around here?

uhh, yea if i was repeatedly being racist and sexist and got chased off the forum, that undoubtedly would make things better around here. how wouldn't it?

You're totally right. Since you're obviously privy to any discussions we moderators have been having about behavior in this forum and possible actions that should be taken, you obviously are totally correct that there is literally never going to be a single consequence for shitty behavior around here. In fact, no one has ever been banned on this forum and by golly I'm going to work my hardest to make sure no one ever is again, regardless of their behavior.

:|

In the meantime, if you seriously can't chill and not go off on him (or whoever happens to have pissed you off) every time he rubs you the wrong way, then consider this a formal warning to not do that or it will lead to a forced vacation.

i never said nobody ever got banned, so let's set fire to that strawman first off. but how friggin' often to you have to tell somebody to cut out trolling before you actually do something? people have been banned for *FAR* less in the past, but this guy keeps doing it again and again and again and all that happens is a blatantly ignored "stop it". i mean you don't seem to be in any hurry to put a stop to this so the mods' position then is that we should just let him repeatedly insult us all and toss around this casual bigotry and be cool with it? unless the forum rules have changed without an announcement, it appears they are being deliberately unenforced, and then it's a shock when users get fed up with it?

anyways based on your reply it seems this is all just falling on deaf ears regardless, so maybe i need to take today to rethink whether i want to be a part of this community anymore if shit like this is okay now.

Last edited:
anyways based on your reply it seems this is all just falling on deaf ears regardless, so maybe i need to take today to rethink whether i want to be a part of this community anymore if shit like this is okay now.

Since you seem to assume that we're not doing a damn thing and think that this stuff is just a-okay, go ahead and make whatever rash decision you want.

:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom