2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember it's about FEELINGS, not logic, not facts

FEELINGS

You keep saying this as though it is new to this election cycle. It's not. Obama's first campaign was built primarily on the concept of "hope," which is an emotional appeal at its core. Democrats do this kind of thing as well, just with a different angle.

You keep saying this as though it is new to this election cycle. It's not. Obama's first campaign was built primarily on the concept of "hope," which is an emotional appeal at its core. Democrats do this kind of thing as well, just with a different angle.

Yeah, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a group of people that could be staring at the facts first hand, but they feel like it's the minority's fault, or they feel like climate change isn't possible, or they just feel like Obama is a Muslim trying to bring sharia law.

Of course emotional appeal has been used since the beginning, but that's not what we're talking about here.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think everyone here is speaking a little too definitively about where this election is headed. We haven't even had any presidential or vice presidential debates. At this point in the election cycle both McCain and Romney were tied with Obama. Everyone was falling all over themselves to declare Romney the next President after Obama's dismal first debate.

I think it's a little premature to assume that current trends will only continue on in Trump's favor until November.

True. People who say they'll be voting third party often change their minds for the other two parties as the election draws near.

This is the key

......as a percent of eligible voters, turn out was: 2000, 54.2%; in 2004 60.4%; 2008 62.3%; and 2012 57.5%. These were the same figures as given by the Center for the Study of the American Electorate.

Every four years I have a lot to think about as I decide who to vote for for president.

Now, I have to have this dumped on me.

G. --

I've run my last campaign.

But the things that I've fought for my entire career -- tolerance, democracy, justice, the progress we've made -- they're all on the ballot in 50 days.

I'll see it as a personal insult to my legacy and the work we've done together if we fail to step up and make sure that Hillary takes my place in January.

So please, chip in $3 or more to make sure Democrats can get the folks on the ground that they need to turn out the voters who will win this thing.

If you've saved your payment information, your donation will go through immediately.

QUICK DONATE: $3

QUICK DONATE: $10

QUICK DONATE: $25

QUICK DONATE: $50

QUICK DONATE: $100

Or donate another amount:

https://my.democrats.org/Stronger-Together

Thank you,

Barack

I think if a baboon were to run as a 3rd party candidate, he'd have a shot.
In fact if Obama hadn't ordered Harambe killed, polls show in a 3 way race nationally he'd win:
Harambe: 78%
Hillary; 7%
Trump: 6%
Undecided: 9%

Bono on CBS this morning talking about how dangerous he believes Trump to be to the "idea of America".

Bono on CBS this morning talking about how dangerous he believes Trump to be to the "idea of America".

Sneak preview of new IE Tour speech:

Trump is not a candidate
He's an ideologue
Still being racist, still being boorish

Bono talking about the 'idea of America' is close to one of my least favourite things about Bono.

Why is that? It's sad that it takes people from other countries to actually let us know what the idea of America is.

Yesterday seeing Trump telling a roaring crowd that the suspect of the NY city bombs shouldn't get a lawyer to represent him, shouldn't get treated at our hospitals in a humane way, is exactly why we need people who actually realize what our country is about, and why it is great right now.

Why is that? It's sad that it takes people from other countries to actually let us know what the idea of America is.

I just get the impression that there's a little glint of American exceptionalism in his eyes when he talks about it. The idea of America as a specific, special 'other', in a sense.

Yeah, he falls in love with certain turns of phrase he stumbles upon and that's one of the more eyeroll-worthy. When people talk about him having his head up his ass, it's shit like that they're referring to.

But I watched the clip and he was actually pretty thoughtful, more than I thought he would be. He noted that the Trump supporters have real legitimate concerns and correctly have identified that neither party has gotten close to easing those concerns, it's just that Trump himself is the issue because everything he does flies in the face of social justice.

With how concerned Bono has been about the refugee crisis, I guess it should be unsurprising that he feels this way, but it's sort of shocking to see him actually take a side in an American election since he's always been so center-bound by his mission for HIV legislation. It is a reminder that things were, in fact, better with Bush than they would be with Trump. Not to gloss over the atrocities that happened on Bush's watch, but there were things he did that were not terrible (like the HIV stuff, like finally growing a spine and pushing back against Cheney's most aggressive foreign policy views in his second term, etc.).

I'm rambling, but yeah, I think Bono actually gets closer to the truth at the heart of this here than many journalists have over the last year.

It was the same 'Meme that was going around FoxNews for a while.

I think Huckabee was saying it

It's just logically, and morally wrong on some many levels.

On the one hand, refugees are human fucking beings.

On the other hand, Skittles are fucking delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom