2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII - Page 65 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-07-2016, 04:51 PM   #961
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,638
Local Time: 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
I never said it did. I just said he was a member of the family and that the media ought to say as much when reporting on this video. That they shouldn't sweep it under the rug. That's all.

You didn't say that, you're right. But you seemed to suggest that Trump's affiliation with Billy Bush 11 years ago suggests something negative for Trump, and I don't understand what that even means.

Billy Bush isn't even on the same branch of the family tree. It's just a namesake.
__________________

__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 04:53 PM   #962
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,638
Local Time: 04:34 AM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Nah. This will do nothing to change anyone's mind about the guy.

Yeah, and nothing short of Trump being secretly recorded talking about how he's conning his supporters with false views will actually do him in.

And to be honest, even then, his supporters might credit him for being a clever businessman who can therefore clearly handle the economy and negotiate better foreign currency exchange rates.
__________________

__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 04:55 PM   #963
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,071
Local Time: 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
You didn't say that, you're right. But you seemed to suggest that Trump's affiliation with Billy Bush 11 years ago suggests something negative for Trump, and I don't understand what that even means.

Billy Bush isn't even on the same branch of the family tree. It's just a namesake.
That's not what I said either. You guys are blowing this up. All I said was that the media should state who he is, because it would be easy for them not to. That is all I meant. Nothing else.
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 04:56 PM   #964
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 54,158
Local Time: 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Nah. This will do nothing to change anyone's mind about the guy.
It will.

Not a huge change, but it'll pick off more undecideds and make the ultimate margin of victory larger.

It won't change the minds of his base, but his base was already only 30% of Republican voters.

So tack on few sheep who will only vote for the R no matter how despicable their candidate is, and he'll get close to 40%.

But he's going to get Mondaled. As he should.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 04:59 PM   #965
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,638
Local Time: 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
That's not what I said either. You guys are blowing this up. All I said was that the media should state who he is, because it would be easy for them not to. That is all I meant. Nothing else.

Then your initial post is sort of confusingly empty. You hope they don't fail to cover it... because why? What's the consequence of them not covering Billy Bush? Why is he relevant here?
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 05:02 PM   #966
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,060
Local Time: 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Pence is gonna Pounce on that 2020 nomination!!

Keep electing religious nuts and see where it gets you!
Yeah, social conservatives have been having a tough time of it in recent years, with same-sex marriage being legalized and many people seeing the transgender bathroom laws for the idiocy they are. And their "religious freedom" laws aren't too popular with a lot of people, either. So it'll be interesting to see if they do ease up on the social issues, or continue to dig in their heels, come 2020.

Course, for all we know, there could be a whole new social/cultural topic up for debate by then, too, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
538 just flipped Ohio and Iowa to HRC.
Yay .

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
The video is bad, but I hope people don't gloss over the other guy in it sharing in the lewdness - Billy Bush. Not just a tv host, but also the nephew of President George H.W. Bush, and the cousin of President George W. Bush and Jeb Bush, who Donald ran against.
Did not know he was related to the Bush family. That explains so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
I would say this is what will finally do Trump in, but I've said it too many times, and somehow I get the feeling that the people at the rallies who said 'Hang the bitch' and called Hillary a see-you-next-tuesday probably won't find Trump's language in that video problematic at all.
Mmhm. Already on other sites I'm seeing people shrug it off like it's nothing.
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 05:09 PM   #967
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,071
Local Time: 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Then your initial post is sort of confusingly empty. You hope they don't fail to cover it... because why? What's the consequence of them not covering Billy Bush? Why is he relevant here?
I mean, you're right. It's not relevant. It's just after weeks and months of airtime being given to GOPers spouting their nonsense about how Hillary is bad because she enabled Bill blah blah blah, it would be mildly annoying to me if no one in the media said a word about this, and that's where that comment came from. It was off the cuff, I didn't think it would engender this response.

But end of the day, Headache is right, two wrongs don't make a right.

It's just been an endless election cycle of nonsense and when enough nonsense has been flung in your political direction you sometimes want to fling some back. But I should be better than that.
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 05:10 PM   #968
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,729
Local Time: 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Nah, he may lose one or two self respecting women, if he has that many left. The rest will say it's rigged, chalk it up to "man talk", or scream 'Benghazi'.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Nah. This will do nothing to change anyone's mind about the guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Yeah, and nothing short of Trump being secretly recorded talking about how he's conning his supporters with false views will actually do him in.
It's not at all about his supporters, to whom nothing he says will make a difference.

Donald Trump has 40% of the vote. He will not get elected if he only gets 40% of the vote. Trump will not be able to get the majority of remaining undecideds to rally towards him.
__________________
gump is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 05:17 PM   #969
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 39,778
Local Time: 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
It's not at all about his supporters, to whom nothing he says will make a difference.



Donald Trump has 40% of the vote. He will not get elected if he only gets 40% of the vote. Trump will not be able to get the majority of remaining undecideds to rally towards him.

Of course, but that's been the case almost since the beginning. It's the illusion and delusion that I'm talking about.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 05:20 PM   #970
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,638
Local Time: 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Of course, but that's been the case almost since the beginning. It's the illusion and delusion that I'm talking about.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

And I think that's what we were all talking about.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 07:04 PM   #971
New Yorker
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,117
Local Time: 08:34 AM
Makes you wonder what else is being held back about Trump

The closer we get to Election Day, the more he's gonna regret running. Tho not that much maybe, he'll have a book deal, movie, and speaking engagements to build him back up


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BEAL is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 07:15 PM   #972
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: southern california
Posts: 9,605
Local Time: 01:34 AM
Oh, Trump. Get ready for the onslaught of new memes.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
david is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 07:36 PM   #973
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,230
Local Time: 04:34 AM
It is stunning to me that a U.S. political candidate can make the following statement and there is only silence from the media and others. Two people who think they can have that much power scare the living daylights out of me.

"So, when that happens, and that’s what’s happening with condemning LGBT rights, we’ll state an ultimatum. The United States of America, more precisely, the future President of the United States of America, Hillary Clinton, will state an ultimatum. And that ultimatum will be to either change its stance on same-sex marriage or pack its bags and get out of America. And yes – the President of the country can do that.”


Tim Kaine: “The Catholic Church Will Change Its Same-Sex Marriage Stance Or It Will Be Banned From The U.S.”


I am not a Catholic. I am a member of a small Baptist church. This statement by Kaine should scare people of all faiths or non-faith who believe in freedom.
__________________
the iron horse is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 07:44 PM   #974
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,053
Local Time: 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
It is stunning to me that a U.S. political candidate can make the following statement and there is only silence from the media and others. Two people who think they can have that much power scare the living daylights out of me.

"So, when that happens, and that’s what’s happening with condemning LGBT rights, we’ll state an ultimatum. The United States of America, more precisely, the future President of the United States of America, Hillary Clinton, will state an ultimatum. And that ultimatum will be to either change its stance on same-sex marriage or pack its bags and get out of America. And yes – the President of the country can do that.”


Tim Kaine: “The Catholic Church Will Change Its Same-Sex Marriage Stance Or It Will Be Banned From The U.S.”


I am not a Catholic. I am a member of a small Baptist church. This statement by Kaine should scare people of all faiths or non-faith who believe in freedom.
I have looked for a LEGITIMATE news source containing that quote and can't find it. Can you?
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 07:58 PM   #975
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,230
Local Time: 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I have looked for a LEGITIMATE news source containing that quote and can't find it. Can you?

No I could not. I did see several reports on how he thinks or hopes the Catholic Church changes their views, but not another source for the quote I posted.

I will look some more.

If the quote proves false, my apologies and I hope it teaches me to verify next time.
__________________

__________________
the iron horse is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com