2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII - Page 64 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-07-2016, 04:47 PM   #946
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,927
Local Time: 07:11 AM
He's finished.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...mepage%2Fstory
__________________

__________________
gump is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 05:15 PM   #947
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,687
Local Time: 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post

Nah, he may lose one or two self respecting women, if he has that many left. The rest will say it's rigged, chalk it up to "man talk", or scream 'Benghazi'.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 10-07-2016, 05:20 PM   #948
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 07:11 AM
The video is bad, but I hope people don't gloss over the other guy in it sharing in the lewdness - Billy Bush. Not just a tv host, but also the nephew of President George H.W. Bush, and the cousin of President George W. Bush and Jeb Bush, who Donald ran against.

I would say this is what will finally do Trump in, but I've said it too many times, and somehow I get the feeling that the people at the rallies who said 'Hang the bitch' and called Hillary a see-you-next-tuesday probably won't find Trump's language in that video problematic at all.
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 05:28 PM   #949
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,431
Local Time: 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
The video is bad, but I hope people don't gloss over the other guy in it sharing in the lewdness - Billy Bush. Not just a tv host, but also the nephew of President George H.W. Bush, and the cousin of President George W. Bush and Jeb Bush, who Donald ran against.

I would say this is what will finally do Trump in, but I've said it too many times, and somehow I get the feeling that the people at the rallies who said 'Hang the bitch' and called Hillary a see-you-next-tuesday probably won't find Trump's language in that video problematic at all.
Billy Bush being related A Bush has absolutely no relevance on the Bush family whatsoever

They can tarnish their individual legacies all on their own just fine.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 10-07-2016, 05:28 PM   #950
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Billy Bush being related A Bush has absolutely no relevance on the Bush family whatsoever

They can tarnish their individual legacies all on their own just fine.
I would disagree.
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 05:35 PM   #951
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,431
Local Time: 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
I would disagree.
And you'd be wrong.

A family member's statements or actions have zero relevance on the rest of the family.

It's like saying Bill being a creeper is a negative for Hillary. It's the same thing. You're casting the sins of one on the other. It's incredibly unfair.

Take W's own daughters... they are incredibly well balanced, apparently liberals, and are generally terrific people.

Should we discount whatever they do because of what their father did while in office?

Does everything a relative of yours do reflect on you?

Come on
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 10-07-2016, 05:36 PM   #952
War Child
 
Caleb8844's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 662
Local Time: 06:11 AM
This from a forum that regularly says any of Bill Clinton's actions have no relation to Hillary Clinton's character or legacy.

Now, I'm not saying they should or shouldn't.

But you don't get to switch it up when the last name is Bush and call yourself an intellectually consistent individual.
__________________
Caleb8844 is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 05:39 PM   #953
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,375
Local Time: 07:11 AM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII

I don't see how a one-off of a Bush cousin 11 years ago means anything at all to any individual reputation of the Bush family (or the family as a whole).
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 05:40 PM   #954
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 07:11 AM
I'm not saying 'guy is a jerk' = 'his family members are jerks'. I'm saying the media has given ample airtime to the Trumpian narrative that Bill's actions reflect on Hillary and other things of that nature, so they should do the same here if they want to be fair. That's all.
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 05:44 PM   #955
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,431
Local Time: 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
I'm not saying 'guy is a jerk' = 'his family members are jerks'. I'm saying the media has given ample airtime to the Trumpian narrative that Bill's actions reflect on Hillary and other things of that nature, so they should do the same here if they want to be fair. That's all.
No.

They should do neither.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 10-07-2016, 05:44 PM   #956
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I don't see how a one-off of a Bush cousin 11 years ago means anything at all to any individual reputation of the Bush family (or the family as a whole).
I never said it did. I just said he was a member of the family and that the media ought to say as much when reporting on this video. That they shouldn't sweep it under the rug. That's all.
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 05:45 PM   #957
War Child
 
Caleb8844's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 662
Local Time: 06:11 AM
Other than right-wing media, I've seen no coverage of issues revolving around Juanita Broaddrick or Paula Jones, and at least in the former, the story implicates Hilary directly.

You claimed to disagree with the below statement:

Quote:
Billy Bush being related A Bush has absolutely no relevance on the Bush family whatsoever
Accept that you can't disagree with that while also claiming stories related to Bill Clinton rape allegations are not relevant.
__________________
Caleb8844 is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 05:48 PM   #958
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,431
Local Time: 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
I never said it did. I just said he was a member of the family and that the media ought to say as much when reporting on this video. That they shouldn't sweep it under the rug. That's all.
The media doing one thing incorrectly doesn't mean they should do another incorrectly to even the score.

They should do neither.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 10-07-2016, 05:51 PM   #959
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
Other than right-wing media, I've seen no coverage of issues revolving around Juanita Broaddrick or Paula Jones, and at least in the former, the story implicates Hilary directly.

You claimed to disagree with the below statement:



Accept that you can't disagree with that while also claiming stories related to Bill Clinton rape allegations are not relevant.
Ok, look, I wasn't specific enough when I said 'I would disagree'. I would agree that one guy's actions don't mean anything about those of anyone related to him. Of course. What I disagree with is the notion that the fact that he's a Bush shouldn't be mentioned at all, which is what I though Headache was getting at. Now, if that's not what Headache was saying, then I stand corrected and we can move on.

I'm not by any means advocating for any kind of character assassination via Billy Bush. I just had the thought that the media might be so breathless in covering the video that they might overlook the fact of who the guy is altogether. That is all.

You're right, Bill's actions aren't relevant to Hillary and this guy's actions aren't relevant to anyone else.
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 10-07-2016, 05:51 PM   #960
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,730
Local Time: 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
Nah. This will do nothing to change anyone's mind about the guy.
__________________

__________________
corianderstem is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com