2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII - Page 45 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-02-2016, 10:55 AM   #661
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,462
Local Time: 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
What do you mean?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
It was a joke, based upon the release of this news:



Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
The NYT just got ahold of his 1995 statement.

He reported a loss of over $900m, and effectively removed his federal tax liability for 18 years.

If there's anything that should get the rest of us angry (i.e., those of us who don't live off family wealth), is that such a thing is possible. Byzantine tax laws are taken advantage of by our effectively landed gentry so they can avoid paying taxes. These are our welfare cheats, the ones who game the system. These are the takers. And it's legal.
__________________

__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 10-02-2016, 11:09 AM   #662
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
iron yuppie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pushing my wheel of love.
Posts: 8,971
Local Time: 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Yeah, I'd REALLY love to see the Republican Party and its supporters try and justify this whole thing with Trump. Are they going to call HIM a "lazy moocher who cheats the system", like they have poor people for years?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no.

Giuliani's spin was that Trump had an obligation to his shareholders to minimize losses however he could, and claimed it was a mark of business smarts.
__________________

__________________
iron yuppie is online now  
Old 10-02-2016, 11:12 AM   #663
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,592
Local Time: 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
Giuliani's spin was that Trump had an obligation to his shareholders to minimize losses however he could, and claimed it was a mark of business smarts.

Except he doesn't have shareholders.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
gump is offline  
Old 10-02-2016, 11:30 AM   #664
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 18,948
Local Time: 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
Giuliani's spin was that Trump had an obligation to his shareholders to minimize losses however he could, and claimed it was a mark of business smarts.


O-kay. Sure. Whatever you say, Giuliani.
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 10-02-2016, 12:25 PM   #665
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,973
Local Time: 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Oh, we're going to do that thing again where you assume to know the truth of a marriage you actually know nothing about? Great.
And by inferring that I'm wrong, you're doing exactly the same. Nobody knows the truth about what they do behind private doors, but almost nobody reasonable believes that Bill Clinton doesn't sleep with other women on the side. I mean, do we have to get into the schedule checking where recently they were found to be together, at most, a month out of a given year?
__________________
BigMacPhisto is offline  
Old 10-02-2016, 12:26 PM   #666
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,973
Local Time: 12:07 PM
Clinton basically pulled a Romney when talking to her donors in that leaked audio. Pretty much has no respect for anybody that didn't support her in the primary because they must be delusional for not getting behind the anointed one right away.
__________________
BigMacPhisto is offline  
Old 10-02-2016, 12:28 PM   #667
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 41,978
Local Time: 10:07 AM
Why are you so obsessed with Bill Clinton's dick, what he does with it, and what Hillary's reaction should be? Seriously. Why?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 10-02-2016, 12:29 PM   #668
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,973
Local Time: 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
.
And nice grasping at straws a page back there. No, it's not sexism to say that publicly lying about your marriage brings up issues of trust. If the genders were reversed, it would be the exact same issue at hand here. Go back to your safe space along with those that also can't comprehend political arguments.
__________________
BigMacPhisto is offline  
Old 10-02-2016, 12:31 PM   #669
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,973
Local Time: 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Why are you so obsessed with Bill Clinton's dick, what he does with it, and what Hillary's reaction should be? Seriously. Why?
Jesus christ. Do some of you not get it? It's about creating a public facade and denying reality and the trust issues that entails. Meanwhile, I only brought it up because it could have been an easy tactic for the Republican Party to use had they actually bothered.

I do not care who Bill screws. I do not care if Hillary is fine with it personally. Do not care. Do not care. Do not care.

Read between the lines, people. Quit just putting up some damn shield like I'm being the moral police on the issue.
__________________
BigMacPhisto is offline  
Old 10-02-2016, 12:39 PM   #670
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 15,958
Local Time: 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
Giuliani's spin was that Trump had an obligation to his shareholders to minimize losses however he could, and claimed it was a mark of business smarts.
If this was a corporate return then it would not only be true, but the fiduciary duty of the Board. But as I understand it these are personal tax returns for him and Marla so I'm not sure who these shareholders are...
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 10-02-2016, 12:41 PM   #671
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 15,958
Local Time: 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Jesus christ. Do some of you not get it? It's about creating a public facade and denying reality and the trust issues that entails.
What public facade?

I mean you yourself keep saying that everybody knows Bill sleeps around, so the public facade is what, exactly? If you think she knows it and we all know it, then isn't it de facto out in the open? The fact they stay married bothering you? I don't get it.
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 10-02-2016, 12:43 PM   #672
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,462
Local Time: 01:07 PM
I think they should just announce their open relationship and get on with it already. Show them how welcoming the presidential family is.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 10-02-2016, 01:11 PM   #673
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 39,196
Local Time: 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Jesus christ. Do some of you not get it? It's about creating a public facade and denying reality and the trust issues that entails.

You're the one creating a facade. You're pretending it's not obsession, it's not sexism, that it's something it's not.

You don't know their arrangements or their understanding; stop pretending like you do. You look foolish.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 10-02-2016, 01:36 PM   #674
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 41,978
Local Time: 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post

I do not care who Bill screws. I do not care if Hillary is fine with it personally. Do not care. Do not care. Do not care.
Yet you bring it up all the time.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 10-02-2016, 01:40 PM   #675
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,462
Local Time: 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Yet you bring it up all the time.

Ha ha Clinton's dick.
__________________

__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com