2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-27-2016, 03:48 PM   #481
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,958
Local Time: 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
Left the debate thinking, if this were 2012 or any election year before it, Clinton won by a rather large margin. In this particular year, I thought she edged out a victory, and I anticipated a 1-3 point bump in the polls.

I learned my lesson about expecting the masses to judge Trump's debating style in the same way I do in the primaries, though.

2016 presidential debate snap polls show Trump beating Hillary Clinton by a landslide | Daily Mail Online

As these are online, and therefore unscientific, polls, take with a grain of salt. But they still say something, I suppose

Any poll, or sample, done anywhere says something, typically.

On the Internet, it's just harder to achieve simple random sampling. Or some other type of statistical random sampling. Because there's no real way or pseudo-way to randomly access people. Everything on the Internet tends to either have a very strong bias, or a very ineffective ability to reach a diverse audience.
__________________

__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 03:48 PM   #482
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,350
Local Time: 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Thank you, your a good egg as well (can i say that without being offensive?)

Honestly i don't know what it is you found offensive about his post. Am i missing something? He said nothing directly to the candidate, he was merely observing (imho) that the candidate does not seem to smile very much. I have observed the same - as have others in the media - hence the supposed likability problem with the candidate.


do you think it's patronizing when a man tells a woman she should smile more?
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 09-27-2016, 03:56 PM   #483
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Zoomerang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: canada
Posts: 13,420
Local Time: 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Any poll, or sample, done anywhere says something, typically.

On the Internet, it's just harder to achieve simple random sampling. Or some other type of statistical random sampling. Because there's no real way or pseudo-way to randomly access people. Everything on the Internet tends to either have a very strong bias, or a very ineffective ability to reach a diverse audience.
i wouldn't trust the daily mail with a penny, but otherwise i agree with what you're saying.
__________________
Zoomerang96 is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 03:56 PM   #484
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,473
Local Time: 04:09 PM
or maybe it's just a person telling a person to smile more
__________________
deep is online now  
Old 09-27-2016, 04:11 PM   #485
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,958
Local Time: 07:09 PM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
That was almost as funny as Trump's performance last night. Yep, me saying I'm bewildered that she can't come up with solid answers to questions she knows she's going to get and she does it over and over again is clearly me saying she's infallible.



Me saying that Lauer did a terrible job and was probably a factor in why Holt didn't go on a string of email questions, is just simple logic. If you don't think Holt didn't pay close attention to the Lauer criticism then you're kidding yourself. Did that help Hillary last night. Sure.



And believe it or not, sexism is a thing. It happens on quite a regular basis. If you don't think Hillary's composed demeanor last night was not in part because she knows she can't always debate in the same manner as men can and not get a negative reaction, then you're deluded.



have a happy and a healthy

Maybe you're just not very witty? Or very funny at all??

The only thing deluded here remains you. Because, much like Donald Trump, you continue to side track. You're criticizing me once again for something that clearly is not in our exchange. "Sexism, believe it or not, is a thing." History shows, you don't have very good critical analysis skills. Because, once again, nowhere in my post suggests anything sexist at all. Instead, I'm criticizing you for your simple mind. Nobody's gender came into my post. I don't need to know your gender to read your posts and acknowledge their lack of thought or misguided approach. So yeah, sexism is a thing, I'm glad we agree. What's your point? Would you like to dig up the particular posts I'm referring to? Please, do so.

And defending one post on a criticism of your bigger picture means nothing. My very criticism is of your staunch bias and failure to criticize. To an extent where your posts aren't thought out at all. They're just immediate defenses of Clinton as though you worked for her campaign.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 04:14 PM   #486
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,180
Local Time: 07:09 PM
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 04:15 PM   #487
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,350
Local Time: 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
or maybe it's just a person telling a person to smile more

or wear something that really shows off her figure.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 09-27-2016, 04:16 PM   #488
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,350
Local Time: 07:09 PM
oh, for some reason, i wound up on Breitbart for a few moments today.

that shit is positively North Korean.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 09-27-2016, 04:25 PM   #489
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,120
Local Time: 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
do you think it's patronizing when a man tells a woman she should smile more?
Maybe it's where i come from, bum fuck nowhere, but i don't see an issue with it. I realize we do live in an overly PC world where the PC police are lining up waiting to jump onto any perceived "offense" they can possibly find, but no, i see nothing wrong with it. And let's be fair, the poster in question didn't tell the candidate to do anything. Most likely the poster has never spoken to the candidate. The poster simply made a suggestion that kind of goes along with the media narrative of this particular candidate being "unlikable". Hence...smile
__________________
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 04:30 PM   #490
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,179
Local Time: 04:09 PM
People think Donald Trump is an asshole, but no one is telling him he needs to smile more to be more likable.

... bad example, because he's just such an asshole. If Romney had been perceived as being unlikable, it is unlikely people would have recommended he smile more.

One person's "PC Police" is another person's "You know what, it's 2016 and women shouldn't have to put up with this sort of bullshit anymore, and I'm not going to sit there and ignore it, or smile even though I don't want to because that's how society expects me to act."

I know his intent was not "hurr durr, you'd be so much prettier if you smiled, Hillary!" but sometimes we "PC Police" (ugh) like to point out that intent doesn't always matter.

A lot of women don't want to be told to smile, whether it's by some rando on the street, or by a condescending good-old boy in the workplace, or by someone who thinks a woman in politics will increase her likability by smiling more.

The comment was pretty innocuous, but I wanted to point out that detail with a snarky gif. I get that sometimes my gifs get a laugh, and sometimes they get a "geez, Cori." That's the way it goes. You live by the gif, you die by the gif.
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 04:32 PM   #491
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,343
Local Time: 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
oh, for some reason, i wound up on Breitbart for a few moments today.

that shit is positively North Korean.

I'm not sure exactly why they changed it; I mean KKK.com is much easier to type.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 09-27-2016, 04:34 PM   #492
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,179
Local Time: 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
oh, for some reason, i wound up on Breitbart for a few moments today.
I read that as "a quote of mine showed up on Breitbart" and was alarmed.
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 04:42 PM   #493
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,120
Local Time: 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
People think Donald Trump is an asshole, but no one is telling him he needs to be more likable and smile more.

... bad example, because he's just such an asshole. If Romney had been perceived as being unlikable, it is unlikely people would recommend he smile more.

One person's "PC Police" is another person's "You know what, it's 2016 and women shouldn't have to put up with this sort of bullshit anymore."

I'm sure his intent was not "hurr durr, you'd be so much prettier if you smiled, Hillary!" but sometimes we "PC Police" (ugh) like to point out that intent doesn't matter.

A lot of women don't want to be told to smile more, whether it's by some rando on the street, by a condescending good-old boy in the workplace, or by someone who thinks a woman in politics will increase her likability by smiling more.
I am a dude and i have been told my entire life to "smile more", seems i have a natural scowl or something. Oh well. I see what you are saying, however i doubt the intention of the poster in question was to offend anyone here.
__________________
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 04:45 PM   #494
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,179
Local Time: 04:09 PM
Of course it wasn't. And the intent of my gif was supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek wink, and not a "Well, fuck you buddy" kind of thing.

Hey, it's the internet. Intent gets lost.

And also, I can't resist:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
I am a dude and i have been told my entire life to "smile more", seems i have a natural scowl or something.
But ... but ... well, I'll let Joe Jackson speak for me here.

__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 04:50 PM   #495
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,120
Local Time: 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Of course it wasn't. And the intent of my gif was supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek wink, and not a "Well, fuck you buddy" kind of thing.

Hey, it's the internet. Intent gets lost.
fair enough

Oops i mean
errr
oh shit that one's gotten wayyy too much use
there we go (i hope)
__________________

__________________
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com