2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-27-2016, 06:30 AM   #436
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: somewhere between NYC and DC
Posts: 53,570
Local Time: 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Same here. Day One. And I never believed there were WMDs. But I'm a liberal, so that shouldn't be surprising. Nobody who supported that travesty can call themselves a Progressive. Fact.
Nobody who calls themselves a progressive should have your views on race, either. Alas. You do, and you do.
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 06:32 AM   #437
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: somewhere between NYC and DC
Posts: 53,570
Local Time: 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
. Do you believe half of the American people belong in a basket of deplorables?
Eh... maybe like 30/40%
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 06:33 AM   #438
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: somewhere between NYC and DC
Posts: 53,570
Local Time: 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Fuckin airports.

Trump gets 90 minutes and he's bitching about our "third world" airports being worse than Qatar's. How out of touch.
I mean... he knows that terrific airport in Dubai he was raving about was built with slave labor, right? Right?

Oh that's right, he doesn't, cause he's a big boo boo bear.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 06:33 AM   #439
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 39,514
Local Time: 04:21 PM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Nobody who calls themselves a progressive should have your views on race, either. Alas. You do, and you do.



Fact


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 06:55 AM   #440
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,539
Local Time: 05:21 PM
I would like to point out that neither of these things are facts.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 07:00 AM   #441
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 39,514
Local Time: 04:21 PM
Trump was still horribly underprepared last night.

Does he not truly want the job?

Does his arrogance allow him to live in this false reality where he thought he could continue to wing it?

Or did his preparers have their hands full trying to work on his demeanor that they ran out of time? Which lets face it, we've truly lowered the bar if we're going to say that was an improvement.

None of this will mean anything to the minions, but I doubt that performance won over any new votes.




Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 07:02 AM   #442
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 39,514
Local Time: 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I would like to point out that neither of these things are facts.

But you often being too literal; fact.




Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 07:03 AM   #443
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 39,514
Local Time: 04:21 PM
The job creator jab was priceless...


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 07:06 AM   #444
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,539
Local Time: 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
But you often being too literal; fact.




Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm a libteral. It's a special kind of liberal.

You might not understand.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 07:07 AM   #445
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 39,514
Local Time: 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I'm a libteral. It's a special kind of liberal.

You might not understand.






Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 07:29 AM   #446
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,131
Local Time: 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I'm concerned that Trump was visibly sick during this debate, frequently sniffling, audibly hoarse.

Can we elect such a sickly man to the highest office in this great land?

Why was he not more transparent about his illness?

What else is he hiding?



That he snorted a bunch of coke before the debate? That's what people are saying, people who know things. The sniffling, the twitching, the erratic behavior, the energy crash about 50 minutes in. It's just what some people have noticed.

Also, that Kellyanne Conway certainly earns her paycheck.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 07:32 AM   #447
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Entombed in a shrine of zeroes and ones, you know?
Posts: 18,638
Local Time: 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
I don't understand how you truly believe we'd be as fucked with Clinton as president. I understand you don't care for her, but you really think she would be as bad a president as Trump?
This argument (which I've been back and forth about supporting) rests on a couple of ideas. First and foremost it's that, while she's not an outright reckless xenophobe like Trump, her foreign policy stances are nonetheless concerning. It seems to be a matter of the official record now that one of her biggest frustrations with Obama while she was SoS was that he was not aggressive enough in his foreign policy. I think there is a a very legitimate argument that in this tumultuous time she'd tend to be a little more aggressive than Obama, and that's concerning. We discussed in another thread about the moral uncertainty behind drone strikes and that it is simultaneously concerning while also at times the only option. It's a tough spot, but it's there.

The second is that she's further to the middle/right than Obama (who is not particularly far left in the first place) on a number of key issues, especially related to the economy. And one of her big talking points is how good she is politically, how she is savvy, how she wants to work with Republicans, and the way one obviously we go about that would be to "meet in the middle on these issues." This is concerning when the middle is between a centrist and a large group of right-wingers.

The comforting thing is that she'll have control of at least one and possible three Supreme Court nominations. And she's not going to allow Congress to roll back some of the things that Obama accomplished, especially in regards to women's rights and gay rights. But that's about it.
__________________
PhilsFan is online now  
Old 09-27-2016, 07:34 AM   #448
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Entombed in a shrine of zeroes and ones, you know?
Posts: 18,638
Local Time: 05:21 PM
Meanwhile, Trump questioned where Clinton saw him insult Miss Universe for being fat and hispanic last night before essentially doubling down on it this morning by saying her weight gain caused him a headache.

There are people on this forum who support this man.
__________________
PhilsFan is online now  
Old 09-27-2016, 07:46 AM   #449
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 25,264
Local Time: 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
My God I hope so. I've been obsessing about the cabinet appointments he'd make, especially the Department of the Interior, which oversees the NPS, which handles my beloved Grand Canyon. I can't even think about it without getting worked up.


Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference
We're gonna fill in the Grand Canyon, then we're gonna dig a new Canyon. Its gonna be yuuuuge. Its gonna be called the Yuuuuge Canyon, and its gonna be great, its gonna be the best canyon, and we'll get Mexico to dig it.
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 09-27-2016, 07:51 AM   #450
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,539
Local Time: 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
This argument (which I've been back and forth about supporting) rests on a couple of ideas. First and foremost it's that, while she's not an outright reckless xenophobe like Trump, her foreign policy stances are nonetheless concerning. It seems to be a matter of the official record now that one of her biggest frustrations with Obama while she was SoS was that he was not aggressive enough in his foreign policy. I think there is a a very legitimate argument that in this tumultuous time she'd tend to be a little more aggressive than Obama, and that's concerning. We discussed in another thread about the moral uncertainty behind drone strikes and that it is simultaneously concerning while also at times the only option. It's a tough spot, but it's there.



The second is that she's further to the middle/right than Obama (who is not particularly far left in the first place) on a number of key issues, especially related to the economy. And one of her big talking points is how good she is politically, how she is savvy, how she wants to work with Republicans, and the way one obviously we go about that would be to "meet in the middle on these issues." This is concerning when the middle is between a centrist and a large group of right-wingers.



The comforting thing is that she'll have control of at least one and possible three Supreme Court nominations. And she's not going to allow Congress to roll back some of the things that Obama accomplished, especially in regards to women's rights and gay rights. But that's about it.

Yes but going back to a point I made earlier, equating them and their level of potential "doom" isn't only incorrect, but sort of insulting to the very existence of our political system. Clinton has her flaws, and they are concerning. But Donald Trump is an insult. It's not the same thing. It shouldn't be equated.
__________________

__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com