2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you're just not very witty? Or very funny at all??

The only thing deluded here remains you. Because, much like Donald Trump, you continue to side track. You're criticizing me once again for something that clearly is not in our exchange. "Sexism, believe it or not, is a thing." History shows, you don't have very good critical analysis skills. Because, once again, nowhere in my post suggests anything sexist at all. Instead, I'm criticizing you for your simple mind. Nobody's gender came into my post. I don't need to know your gender to read your posts and acknowledge their lack of thought or misguided approach. So yeah, sexism is a thing, I'm glad we agree. What's your point? Would you like to dig up the particular posts I'm referring to? Please, do so.

And defending one post on a criticism of your bigger picture means nothing. My very criticism is of your staunch bias and failure to criticize. To an extent where your posts aren't thought out at all. They're just immediate defenses of Clinton as though you worked for her campaign.

Hey genius, YOU were the one that said i was calling things sexist all the time. But the posts I made that you responded to had no mention of sexism in them.
Now you say I brought it up? Might wanna check yourself on that "simple mind" stuff there sport.

Go ahead and dig up the treasure trove of posts I made blaming sexism. Go ahead, we will all wait here for the one post I made mentioning sexism, and we will see it was well founded.

You talk again about my lack of criticism for Clinton. You say this in response to a post WHERE I'M CRITICIZING CLINTON!!!
Dude, you are in fact deluded. Your attack on me out of the blue is hilariously off base.

Now get busy digging up all those sexism filled rants of mine.

Last edited:
I'm more amused at the outrage over someone (be it Trump or whoever) breaking/attempting to break the Cuban embargo, which has always been unjust and still very much is.

I saw that cover of Newsweek, it's embarrassing.
I don't care that he broke the embargo, I'm just amused by him telling everyone how much he was embracing the embargo while he was breaking it. And of course how the GOP were the only ones who were for the embargo and now they all have to figure out what part they're mad about.

Hey genius, YOU were the one that said i was calling things sexist all the time. But the posts I made that you responded to had no mention of sexism in them.
Now you say I brought it up? Might wanna check yourself on that "simple mind" stuff there sport.

Go ahead and dig up the treasure trove of posts I made blaming sexism. Go ahead, we will all wait here for the one post I made mentioning sexism, and we will see it was well founded.

You talk again about my lack of criticism for Clinton. You say this in response to a post WHERE I'M CRITICIZING CLINTON!!!
Dude, you are in fact deluded. Your attack on me out of the blue is hilariously off base.

Now get busy digging up all those sexism filled rants of mine.

This is the weirdest out-of-the-blue feud ever. LN7, I don't know what prompted you to start this, but let's drop it and move on, please.

I don't care that he broke the embargo, I'm just amused by him telling everyone how much he was embracing the embargo while he was breaking it. And of course how the GOP were the only ones who were for the embargo and now they all have to figure out what part they're mad about.

Can imagine Rubio and Cruz in hysterics for sure.

The newest conspiracy is my favorite.

After Reviewing Debate Tape, We NOW KNOW How Hillary Cheated! Do You See It?

Woman Allowed to Respond During Debate: It's Rigged!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

here is the poll at the bottom of that page:

toe1lDr.png

wut? :huh:

Yeah, that about does it for any more defense he's going to get. The Aleppo gaffe was pretty bad, but he got a pass. This... it's like he didn't learn from his prior mistake about doing homework.

Not that it should be homework. Someone who wants to be president of the United States shouldn't consider acknowledging world leaders as homework.

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1475166500.089207.jpg

BVS - Saw that video. Some have gone even deeper to point out at 5:52 she laughs and seems to have a herky jerk mini-seizure.

The is another video showing her finger making involuntary movements with her finger on the podium. It's gotta be Parkinson's!!!

Another video shows a handler giving her a folder which she takes to the podium. Immediately after he runs out grabs it and then says something to Lester Holt.

The internet sleuths are out in force. More amusing conjecture than any concrete proof of anything.

Illuminati Confirmed !!!

Kellyanne Conway Says Trump Didn't Lie About Lester Holt Because He Didn't Know His Party Affiliation

He didn't lie, he just didn't know :shrug:

and the sad thing, this will work for his minions.

It doesn't matter that he spoke before knowing, this is his platform in essence.

It doesn't matter if it's true or not, it just matters that it was put out there, it just matters that it feels true.

And it also doesn't matter because the election is now over. He has no chance whatsoever of catching her, especially when the debates are going to favor her.

I believe in the polling and Clinton's weaknesses as a candidate did make this a close battle from around the time of the conventions to fairly recently, but otherwise the outcome to all of this has been known for years. It's surprising that Clinton ended up fairly so poorly, and had someone like Rubio been the nominee, I think this would have been a nailbiter despite a Democratic advantage in finances, demographics and partisan lean.

If she's President into 2024, then that will finally put the nail in the coffin on the hopes of there ever being another Republican President. Eight more years of their flock dying out and the country shifting leftward along with a future nominee that won't have a decades long record of suspicious political stances, charities and secrecy. The Republicans will soon be lucky to cobble together 40% of the general election vote in a good year.

And regarding sexism being thrown out at every opportunity by Clinton's supporters over people on the left refusing to get in line, it really is just too damn convenient. I've been called a sexist myself in here by otherwise level-minded people when I haven't even once made an actual comment going down that path, nor would I ever. Of course, anything that can be twisted into that manner by people not willing to actually hear someone's point can fall under that banner (such as some users totally not getting my point about the Bill Clinton fidelity issue).

Almost everything the left has criticized Clinton about, such as the paid speeches, are things they have criticized those involved with politics for years and decades. You can't suddenly just call someone a sexist for making the same argument they've made their entire political lives against everyone.

And regarding sexism being thrown out at every opportunity by Clinton's supporters over people on the left refusing to get in line, it really is just too damn convenient. I've been called a sexist myself in here by otherwise level-minded people when I haven't even once made an actual comment going down that path, nor would I ever. Of course, anything that can be twisted into that manner by people not willing to actually hear someone's point can fall under that banner (such as some users totally not getting my point about the Bill Clinton fidelity issue).

Almost everything the left has criticized Clinton about, such as the paid speeches, are things they have criticized those involved with politics for years and decades. You can't suddenly just call someone a sexist for making the same argument they've made their entire political lives against everyone.

No one has EVER EVER EVER called you sexist for not "getting in line". That is just a convenient excuse you use so you don't have to ever truly address your issues.

I'd say a comment that denigrates another person in a way that is specifically related to their gender.

But I have been called out at random at times, even someone like Axver talked about casual sexism and I was like, huh? I even looked back in my recent posts at that time to see if anything could even be remotely construed that way but not no avail.

But whatever. I've also been called a racist here despite agreeing that virtually all of black crime can be tied back to structural racism, but god forbid you try and argue that there is a social element to the greater abundance of crime within the black community or point out that it's a small group within that community being responsible for most of these issues. Half the time, it feels like the left has a group of people with rabbit ears on just waiting to pounce on anything they can possibly construe as racist, perhaps because it gives them a little thrill. It's the same sort of anti-intellectual safe-space crap that now means Chris Rock and Jerry Seinfeld refuse to set foot on a college campus.

Honestly, my laundry list of complaints with Hillary Clinton are the exact same sort of issues I had with John Kerry and she shares many stances with Barack Obama who I informed many liberal voters of his to temper their expectations of before he was elected. I can understand people feeling there's some hypocrisy if young people were supporting Obama and not Clinton and how there can be some sexism at play, but the label can't just be thrown out unless something is blatantly obvious in its sexism. I was honestly more proactive in my own personal life for getting people to vote for Nader instead of John Kerry than I ever have been for Hillary Clinton, even volunteering for that campaign. She has a host of godawful stances and past decision making that I could never get behind, but none of my qualms have ever been personal.

Last edited:
Also, Gary Johnson can't name a single world leader.

I genuinely don't understand how this is possible - for anyone, let alone somebody actively involved in politics. How can he not even name Putin?

I'd say a comment that denigrates another person in a way that is specifically related to their gender.

But I have been called out at random at times, even someone like Axver talked about casual sexism and I was like, huh? I even looked back in my recent posts at that time to see if anything could even be remotely construed that way but not no avail.

Yes, because you have suggested that women, as a collective group, will make uninformed decisions purely because they are women. Sorry but that sort of lazy stereotype is sexist.

Yes, because you have suggested that women, as a collective group, will make uninformed decisions purely because they are women. Sorry but that sort of lazy stereotype is sexist.

Uneducated black women and white women over 50 (I believe), to be specific.

BMP, just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there.

Last edited:
Uneducated black women and white women over 50 (I believe), to be specific.

BMP, just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there.

And any woman that likes Adele, oh and women who vote for Clinton only vote because she's female not on policy.

I genuinely don't understand how this is possible - for anyone, let alone somebody actively involved in politics. How can he not even name Putin?

He was asked who his favorite was. And only after he started to get really flustered did Matthews, I believe, ask him to just name any world leader.

I'll say two things. One, this was a "gotcha" question. Arguably malicious, if you watch Matthews in the video. But two, you're not qualified to be president if you don't have a presidential wherewithal. If you don't know who you're working with, that's a problem. This is an issue with Trump (and it's terrible to be compared with Donald Trump). You can't just "wing it" to be president and "surround yourself with the best." Sure, technically it's not a one person job, but this is the president of 300 million people. You need the most qualified.

I think Johnson has some good ideas. So in some sense it's a shame that he was being head hunted / exposed. But not really. Well, it would be nice if candidates like Trump were also cornered and pestered and pressured with simple questions he can't answer. Trump is just really good at moderating his own conversation.

But yeah -- anyways, if you want to be president, you have to do your homework. Not just be smart.

i just saw the video, it's even worse than i imagined. how the hell can you seize up like that on such a simple question when you're running for president?

Gary said he'd give up weed if elected.

I think he should have gave it up before the election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom