2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIII - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-21-2016, 07:35 AM   #226
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,063
Local Time: 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
shut the fuck up about bernie fucking sanders already for fucks sakes

Dave, find a better way to interact with posters who frustrate you. Or better yet, put BMP on your ignore list if you can't resist these outbursts.
__________________

__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 07:39 AM   #227
you are what you is
 
Salome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 21,987
Local Time: 08:56 AM
Perhaps just create a "Everything Bernie Sanders" thread in FYM so that BMP can go there and talk to himself? Would also help him to at least stay on topic
__________________

__________________
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Salome is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 07:55 AM   #228
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,632
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Merica needs a far left progressive like Bernard Sumner.

I mean, Bernie Sanders.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 09:10 AM   #229
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,438
Local Time: 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Merica needs a far left progressive like Bernard Sumner.

I mean, Bernie Sanders.
You're advocating for a new order?
__________________
Popmartijn is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 09:11 AM   #230
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 25,700
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Merica needs a far left progressive like Bernard Sumner.

.
How about Gordon Sumner?
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 09:21 AM   #231
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 149,369
Local Time: 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salome View Post
Perhaps just create a "Everything Bernie Sanders" thread in FYM so that BMP can go there and talk to himself? Would also help him to at least stay on topic
Sanders Dispatch.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 09:22 AM   #232
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 54,127
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Guys things would be so much different right now if we would have listened to me and nominated the rent is too damn high guy for president.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 09:31 AM   #233
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,632
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
How about Gordon Sumner?

Gordon Ramsey?
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 09:32 AM   #234
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 11,632
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post
You're advocating for a new order?

It's secretly actually the same people who ran the last show, just with a new frontman.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 10:39 AM   #235
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 16,941
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Dave, find a better way to interact with posters who frustrate you. Or better yet, put BMP on your ignore list if you can't resist these outbursts.
no. sorry. not anymore.

when outright admitted trolling, personal attacks calling other posters rapists, repeated sexism and racism over months get met with nothing more than they occasional "hey you shouldn't do that" which he always blatantly (obviously deliberately and usually quite smugly in the very next post) ignores and breaks, shit's gotta change.

i'm sick of reading this crap every day. and yet i'm getting warned because why...i told him to shut up and made my post big and bold? i said "fuck" a couple times?

am i just being too blatant? should i just call him a rapist instead? that seems to be okay. should i just say that he's an asshole because he's probably black? that seems to be okay in fym too.

but don't tell that person to shut the fuck up, that might hurt their feelz a little too much.

seriously, if there's literally never going to be a single consequence for shitty behaviour around here then i'll just leave interference. you'll lose yet another regular who's been active here on a dying forum for 15 years for no good reason. but to me it's not worth the frustration of seeing this shit fly constantly.
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 11:55 AM   #236
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Entombed in a shrine of zeroes and ones, you know?
Posts: 18,728
Local Time: 02:56 AM
All-around good interview this morning by the folks at Morning Joe, who had Robby Meek bumbling through an interview and obfuscated his genuine disinterest/inability to answer legitimate questions by mixing in questions that he should not have had to answer for. It was like a competition of who could look worse. The Clinton campaign sucks, but the media can't nail down why because it keeps getting distracted by the wrong shit.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 12:10 PM   #237
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,063
Local Time: 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
personal attacks calling other posters rapists,
Show me where this happened. I'm not here 24/7, and if I missed it, then I missed it, but I don't recall him ever calling anyone else here a rapist.

Quote:
i'm sick of reading this crap every day. and yet i'm getting warned because why...i told him to shut up and made my post big and bold? i said "fuck" a couple times?
Kind of like your complaint with BMP, you continually ignore any warnings from me about the behavior being called out.

Quote:
should i just call him a rapist instead? that seems to be okay. should i just say that he's an asshole because he's probably black? that seems to be okay in fym too.
Again, show me where called someone here a rapist. Also, thanks for implying that I'm totally cool with racism and sexism in here. Appreciate it. And by your logic, does that mean that I get to insult you and loudly yell at you to shut the fuck up in response to whatever you post? Would that make things better around here?

Quote:
seriously, if there's literally never going to be a single consequence for shitty behaviour around here then i'll just leave interference. you'll lose yet another regular who's been active here on a dying forum for 15 years for no good reason. but to me it's not worth the frustration of seeing this shit fly constantly.
You're totally right. Since you're obviously privy to any discussions we moderators have been having about behavior in this forum and possible actions that should be taken, you obviously are totally correct that there is literally never going to be a single consequence for shitty behavior around here. In fact, no one has ever been banned on this forum and by golly I'm going to work my hardest to make sure no one ever is again, regardless of their behavior.



In the meantime, if you seriously can't chill and not go off on him (or whoever happens to have pissed you off) every time he rubs you the wrong way, then consider this a formal warning to not do that or it will lead to a forced vacation.
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 12:50 PM   #238
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 16,941
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Show me where this happened. I'm not here 24/7, and if I missed it, then I missed it, but I don't recall him ever calling anyone else here a rapist.
okay, so "pro-rape" was the actual label slapped on us all, but you know what i'm talking about: US Presidential Election XII

and yet i was the one that got the talking-to because i called him "the village idiot". cause that's way more egregious somehow than someone labelling anyone that disagrees with them "pro-rape" as a debating tactic.

Quote:
Again, show me where called someone here a rapist. Also, thanks for implying that I'm totally cool with racism and sexism in here. Appreciate it. And by your logic, does that mean that I get to insult you and loudly yell at you to shut the fuck up in response to whatever you post? Would that make things better around here?
uhh, yea if i was repeatedly being racist and sexist and got chased off the forum, that undoubtedly would make things better around here. how wouldn't it?

Quote:
You're totally right. Since you're obviously privy to any discussions we moderators have been having about behavior in this forum and possible actions that should be taken, you obviously are totally correct that there is literally never going to be a single consequence for shitty behavior around here. In fact, no one has ever been banned on this forum and by golly I'm going to work my hardest to make sure no one ever is again, regardless of their behavior.



In the meantime, if you seriously can't chill and not go off on him (or whoever happens to have pissed you off) every time he rubs you the wrong way, then consider this a formal warning to not do that or it will lead to a forced vacation.
i never said nobody ever got banned, so let's set fire to that strawman first off. but how friggin' often to you have to tell somebody to cut out trolling before you actually do something? people have been banned for *FAR* less in the past, but this guy keeps doing it again and again and again and all that happens is a blatantly ignored "stop it". i mean you don't seem to be in any hurry to put a stop to this so the mods' position then is that we should just let him repeatedly insult us all and toss around this casual bigotry and be cool with it? unless the forum rules have changed without an announcement, it appears they are being deliberately unenforced, and then it's a shock when users get fed up with it?

anyways based on your reply it seems this is all just falling on deaf ears regardless, so maybe i need to take today to rethink whether i want to be a part of this community anymore if shit like this is okay now.
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 12:53 PM   #239
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,063
Local Time: 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
anyways based on your reply it seems this is all just falling on deaf ears regardless, so maybe i need to take today to rethink whether i want to be a part of this community anymore if shit like this is okay now.
Since you seem to assume that we're not doing a damn thing and think that this stuff is just a-okay, go ahead and make whatever rash decision you want.

__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 09-21-2016, 12:56 PM   #240
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 16,941
Local Time: 02:56 AM
come on, dude. you're a smart guy. i don't understand why you're acting this way.

i'm super disappointed right now.
__________________

__________________
DaveC is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com