2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VIII - Page 66 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2016, 06:35 PM   #976
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
So what exactly does she need to do to prove she's truly "genuine" enough on the issues for you?
1) Apologize to every single American family that has lost a member thanks to her Iraq War vote.

2) Recuse herself from running for President due to a conflict of interest between her love of power and her love of money (see paid corporate speeches and Clinton Fund earning money from wealthy foreign nationals benefiting from state department work).

At that point, I will realize that she truly cares about use and she will have earned my respect.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:38 PM   #977
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
could you possibly be any more condescending to everyone?

you sound like a very unpleasant person to be around.
I'm sorry if things can get a little heated. I'm just very anti-fracking because it clearly fucks over the environment immensely and I just can't let our planet's future be burdened by such a process. I know I'm offending all of the pro-frackers in this thread with my position, but unlike Clinton, I do actually care.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:41 PM   #978
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
1) Apologize to every single American family that has lost a member thanks to her Iraq War vote.

2) Recuse herself from running for President due to a conflict of interest between her love of power and her love of money (see paid corporate speeches and Clinton Fund earning money from wealthy foreign nationals benefiting from state department work).

At that point, I will realize that she truly cares about use and she will have earned my respect.

3) ice cream for breakfast

4) give me a pony
Old 05-20-2016, 06:43 PM   #979
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Cmon man. Be realistic in your demands.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:45 PM   #980
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
3) ice cream for breakfast

4) give me a pony
So, Clinton shouldn't apologize for her Iraq War vote? There's nothing wrong with it?

It's also just a coincidence that Clinton's charity fund would receive significant payments around the exact same time the state department would sign deals that benefited these same individuals economically? It must just be pure right-wing propaganda?

But I respect opinions of everyone in this thread. Some of you think Iraq was a great idea, so be it. Me, I'm not a partisan so I don't go along with people like her and John Kerry voting for that authorization because I think it's morally wrong.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:48 PM   #981
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Cmon man. Be realistic in your demands.
It's a demand for her to earn my respect, not my vote. She will never earn my vote, nor could anybody that voted for the war in Iraq. I actually have principles.

Now, Democrats can certainly earn my vote although I usually just leave the ballot blank if there's no third party option (mostly to protest the awful Top Two system which is loathed by all the parties for their own reasons). Bernie Sanders was very good at getting votes from people like me, but he's no longer an option. Effectively, by nominating Clinton, they've shut the door on millions of us. But hey, the hardcore members of the Democratic Party have spoken and only have themselves to blame in November. Next time, they can try to widen the tent and be more open to viewpoints besides the one of somebody they've preordained for the Presidency years prior.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:54 PM   #982
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
So, Clinton shouldn't apologize for her Iraq War vote? There's nothing wrong with it?

It's also just a coincidence that Clinton's charity fund would receive significant payments around the exact same time the state department would sign deals that benefited these same individuals economically? It must just be pure right-wing propaganda?

But I respect opinions of everyone in this thread. Some of you think Iraq was a great idea, so be it. Me, I'm not a partisan so I don't go along with people like her and John Kerry voting for that authorization because I think it's morally wrong.

I think you're a partisan. You're about you.

Don't talk to me in sanctimonious terms about the Iraq War. It was lived out on this board and you can go back and read my long history of opposition and written combat with those who actually did support the war. I also marched in the streets. I was pro Obama initially because of his vote against the war.

You know what else? I'm an adult. I understand that a single vote isn't a foreign policy. The world is complicated. History is messy.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:55 PM   #983
Refugee

Quote:
Look up the "Clinton Cash" book on Amazon. Good read for ya.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:03 PM   #984
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I was actually going to mention that book in here because of that, mostly because there's a film coming out. It was written by a right-winger, but the facts actually check out and the book itself has received strong praise from places like the New York Times (which themselves also investigated the Clinton Fund receiving money via the Russian uranium deal thanks to this writer's research) and Lawrence Lessig, who went so far as to say that "on any fair reading, the pattern of behavior that Schweizer has charged is corruption."

We will see how this all plays out as the movie is surely going to grab a lot of eyeballs and press attention in the next few months. Obviously, the book's author has his own agenda, but facts are facts, it's up to the individual to draw their own conclusions from all of this.

This was what the bigger potential scandal lurking in the e-mails was alluding to...whether or not they now had information directly connecting the fund receiving money at the same time that these deals were being mapped out.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:06 PM   #985
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:00 AM
Quote:
I'm sorry if my objective, non-partisan view of reality gets in the way of the Democratic bubble. Its party members have a lot of trouble seeing what the general electorate actually wants because they don't care to open up their ears.

you're on a role today.

You're the most partisan poster FYM has seen in years. And you're far from objective m, you're a groupthinker, there is objectively in groupthink.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 05-20-2016, 07:11 PM   #986
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
You know what else? I'm an adult. I understand that a single vote isn't a foreign policy. The world is complicated. History is messy.
Mrs. Clinton has certainly 'evolved' since her time as New York senator. Hot social issues, big trade deals, foreign policy positions. Messy.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:16 PM   #987
Blue Crack Distributor

God I hate BernieBros
Old 05-20-2016, 07:18 PM   #988
Blue Crack Supplier

2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Mrs. Clinton has certainly 'evolved' since her time as New York senator. Hot social issues, big trade deals, foreign policy positions. Messy.

Indeed. So has our president. Do you long for the days of GW Bush, the man who believes on Wednesday what he believed on Monday no matter what happened on Tuesday? Has anyone evolved more in the past few months -- or minutes -- as Donald J Trump?

On a more serious note, political expediency is a part of life. It's how egregious it is that matters.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:19 PM   #989
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
So you care about soldiers right up until they come home and develop alcoholism, in which case they should be allowed to drink themselves to death.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:24 PM   #990
Blue Crack Addict

Demos firing Matt Bruenig is such bullshit. Clinton's Twitter supporters are openly just gunning for the jobs of anyone who stands up to her supporters. He called someone a "scumbag" for being hypocritical on the issue of welfare, so he needs to be fired (a week before his child is due to be born) because civility above all else! The last thing we want to do is being impolite to entrenched Democrat power players.

It's very important to remember that A LOT of the supposed bad behavior on the side of Sanders supporters is totally made up. High profile articles based on two Facebook comments, people doing shit like throwing chairs when that never happened. Every article seems to have something.

Sanders himself is bothering me more and more for certain aspects of his approach, but Clinton supporters (IN MY EXPERIENCE) are a hundred times worse than Sanders supporters. Tom Watson, Joan Walsh, Jonathan Chait, Sady Doyle ... they're doing way worse than anyone I've seen on the Sanders side.

To summarize: