2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
19944304-mmmain.jpg

One more post on FB about a "revolution" and I'm forcing myself off the internet till February next year (cause it won't stop until next prez has settled into office)

We don't need a revolution. We're not Syria.

Please do.

Never thought id think this but the far left might be more irritating than the far right

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You really should stop typing words.

I'm not sure the Trump protesters realize that they end up making his narrative of being a victim reality when they resort to violence and civil disobedience

Protest all you want, but this is becoming a trend where it appears liberals are trying to silence him and his supporters.

I am curious to see if/how Trump tones things down for the general. IF he does, I think he could turn out to be closer. If he continues to troll, no chance.

Aside from being scary, this is really a fascinating time in politics. There is a chance for a new direction, a changing of the guard....but either a disaster of Trump presidency or 8 years of Clinton for it to happen.

Bernie actually had a chance, but he's refused to play the game of campaigning for other Democrats. His only hope for getting his policies in place is to have control of house and senate....but he's done nothing to help with that. He wants to be the lone wolf

Clinton may end up benefiting from a poor GOP showing and while her ideas aren't as progressive and far left as Bernie, I feel it's a step in right direction. Get a liberal justice, and some change can happen

Last edited:
Ah, Irvine. :cute:

If he seriously believes the 'far left' (whoever that is in any case) is more irritating than the far right, than that says more about him and his politics than anything else.

If he seriously believes the 'far left' (whoever that is in any case) is more irritating than the far right, than that says more about him and his politics than anything else.

I don't know. Used to be the GOP that would demonize Hillary

At least from what I've seen on FB, the Bernie supporters are even harsher on her.

It's all media bias, rigged elections, liars, murderers, wall st !!! We need an awakening, a revolution. We need to take our country back!!!

The far right seems to be a bit more racist. The far left seems to want to blame whites for everything ;)

I just want common sense. No need for extremes. It's tiring

Vlad, I'm starting to wonder if you're becoming what you rail against from the likes of iron horse, because your last couple of posts are cheap accusations devoid of substance.

At the moment I'd actually like to see more in-depth posts from you, because it would be something a bit different. It'd maybe break up the current themes of tedious Bernie/Hillary (or Bernie fans/Hillary fans) arguments and cyclic outrage over the posts of certain Republicans.

Doesn't intention have to play a role though?

Not excusing such a horrible mistake, but I just can't fathom we bombed a charity hospital on purpose.

Vlad, I'm starting to wonder if you're becoming what you rail against from the likes of iron horse, because your last couple of posts are cheap accusations devoid of substance.

At the moment I'd actually like to see more in-depth posts from you, because it would be something a bit different. It'd maybe break up the current themes of tedious Bernie/Hillary (or Bernie fans/Hillary fans) arguments and cyclic outrage over the posts of certain Republicans.

Yes please.

This. The Democrats/liberals have a great opportunity here, with the GOP imploding as it is...and yet we're not capitalizing on it. If we lose in November, it's not going to be because the GOP put out a better campaign, it's going to be because of our own stupid infighting over Bernie versus Hilary.

Agree with that too.

It's like when Obama took office with Dems in control, and they couldn't even get his Obamacare through without being gutted of the public option.

It was similar with Obama/Hillary, but I don't recall Hills taking as much of a beating as she has this time around. Not saying she's above criticism, but Bernie supporters have turned into FoxNews with their attacks.

Bernie hasn't helped by basically using a Us against them narrative. Bernie is right, or you're establishment.

I think, in my opinion, both candidates are really for more of the same ideas than they're against. But you won't ever get to hear about it anymore...BENGAZI!!!! WALL STREET!!!!

The "Trump protesters" rushing barricades, throwing stuff, destroying property, bloodying faces while they cover up their own.......they're helping prop up the candidate.

Maybe they're Trump plants? Not to say I don't think protesters could do that, but I do see Trump as evil enough to pull such a stunt haha.

The "Trump protesters" rushing barricades, throwing stuff, destroying property, bloodying faces while they cover up their own.......they're helping prop up the candidate.

Yes, I was at an event last night, the Trump people inside the sold out event were diverse, and reasonable. The 'protestors' outside destoyed a police car, threw rocks at people and jumped on their cars, waving Mexico flags.

1000x563

Maybe they're Trump plants? Not to say I don't think protesters could do that, but I do see Trump as evil enough to pull such a stunt haha.

ChLsPt4UUAEqsfi.jpg

These Social Justice Warriors don't need any help, they are in complete charge and gaining power daily, just ask them, if you can understand them with profanity as every other word,

Last edited:

I'm not in the least bit interested in arguing with you, Ax, and even if my posts were unnecessarily hostile I only virtually repeated what had already been said.

This is a thing that is not uncommon in some places overseas.

If we lose in November, it's not going to be because the GOP put out a better campaign, it's going to be because of our own stupid infighting over Bernie versus Hilary.

Yeah, this concerns me. I am, for the record, generally more sympathetic to Bernie, but my pragmatism inclines me to suspect only Hillary can win the election (this year has overturned some of the accepted wisdom, but I expect Sanders is too vulnerable to attack in the general campaign) ... and although neither is quite as left-wing as my own viewpoint, and I would consider Hillary centre-right if she were in Australia, I nonetheless view the key priority as keeping the Republicans out of office.

Whatever economic pain Sanders may supposedly cause, or however evil Hillary may allegedly be, there's no way the results will be as disastrous as under any of the Republican options.

I'm not in the least bit interested in arguing with you, Ax, and even if my posts were unnecessarily hostile I only virtually repeated what had already been said.

I just don't see what the use of repeated drive-by posts are, especially when anybody not strongly familiar with your posting history may wonder what exactly your critique is.

Yep, I'm with Ax, Angela, BEAL and Irvine on this. The pathetic infighting is 10x worse than anything that's happened in the GOP for mine. At least the GOP stuff has been entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom