2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VIII - Page 44 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-10-2016, 09:56 PM   #646
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 12:46 AM
The Kremlin confirms as well, based on the 20,000 emails they retrieved from her server.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 05-10-2016, 11:29 PM   #647
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Fact checkers confirm Hillary Clinton is more honest than any of her 2016 opponents

tl;dr version

Politifact's assessment of truthfulness of 2016 presidential candidates:

Hillary Clinton: 72%
Bernie Sanders: 70%
Ted Cruz: 35%
Donald Trump: 23%



Who needs facts when we have deep?
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 05-10-2016, 11:34 PM   #648
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Nate Silver 2016 is an idiot
been off or wrong all season.


I see you didn't read. That's fine.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 05-11-2016, 12:42 AM   #649
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,415
Local Time: 12:46 AM
that's expected
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 05-11-2016, 12:47 AM   #650
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 12:46 AM
Warning signs for Hillary in the General

From Powerline

Quote:
Bernie Sanders has beaten Hillary in West Virginia, which is no great surprise. What ought to have Hillary and the DNC looking nervously over at the panic button is the exit poll finding that 44 percent of Bernie voters say they will vote for Trump if Bernie is not the nominee.

The Clintons—Bill anyway—are supposed to be skilled at “triangulation.” But guess who’s triangulating circles around Hillary right now? She could Feel the Bern twice this year
.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 05-11-2016, 03:28 AM   #651
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,543
Local Time: 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Warning signs for Hillary in the General

From Powerline
Quote:
Bernie Sanders has beaten Hillary in West Virginia, which is no great surprise. What ought to have Hillary and the DNC looking nervously over at the panic button is the exit poll finding that 44 percent of Bernie voters say they will vote for Trump if Bernie is not the nominee.
I'm not sure if this exit poll finding from West Virginia is a warning sign for Hillary in the general election. With her support for clean energy (and determination to phase out coal) she's not liked in WV. So that's one of the reasons Bernie won the primary there.
As The Donald is not a supporter of clean energy (I haven't seen any support from him for it at least) he'd attract quite a few of these people who are currently dependent on coal mining.
__________________
Popmartijn is offline  
Old 05-11-2016, 04:05 AM   #652
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 09:46 PM
And Ohio and PA
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 05-11-2016, 07:52 AM   #653
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 11:46 PM
I can't wait till this election is over. I feel like this election has brought the worst out in people, more so than any recent election.

We have supposed principled progressives saying they'll vote for an authoritarian douchebag.

Supposed principled conservatives showing us they're just angry hypocrites.

Those that I would have considered logical just a few months ago are spinning off the rails and talking about how Trump will make this an armed Christian nation again.

And those I considered crazy a few months ago are now the batshit insane talking about Obama putting in martial law and that the Pope and bathroom laws are the sign we're at the end of times and we'll never see another president.

Idiocracy 2017, yay


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 05-11-2016, 08:08 AM   #654
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,498
Local Time: 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I can't wait till this election is over. I feel like this election has brought the worst out in people, more so than any recent election.

We have supposed principled progressives saying they'll vote for an authoritarian douchebag.

Supposed principled conservatives showing us they're just angry hypocrites.

Those that I would have considered logical just a few months ago are spinning off the rails and talking about how Trump will make this an armed Christian nation again.

And those I considered crazy a few months ago are now the batshit insane talking about Obama putting in martial law and that the Pope and bathroom laws are the sign we're at the end of times and we'll never see another president.

Idiocracy 2017, yay


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Its amazing, we had like 69 total candidates from both parties and honestly I can't find one I could feel good about backing. These schmoos are the best candidates the 2 parties can produce to run our country? We're completely F'ed.
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 05-11-2016, 08:20 AM   #655
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,922
Local Time: 11:46 PM
If only John Edwards would have ran, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
__________________
mikal is online now  
Old 05-11-2016, 09:01 AM   #656
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Its amazing, we had like 69 total candidates from both parties and honestly I can't find one I could feel good about backing. These schmoos are the best candidates the 2 parties can produce to run our country? We're completely F'ed.

This


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 05-11-2016, 09:26 AM   #657
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,894
Local Time: 12:46 AM
Previously, I scoffed at the notion that there was as much crossover between the Sanders and Trump camps, but even I have to admit I was wrong. I, like probably many of us, was thinking of myself and like-minded people, because I managed to fall into the trap of believing that Sanders' voter base was 20-somethings who are pissed about income inequality. While that is a sizable and not inconsequential base (one that I've noticed many of Clinton's media supporters love to yell "WE DON'T NEED YOUR VOTE" at, but I digress) we're all forgetting about constituencies like West Virginia. Like this absolute piece of shit article that treats everyone in that state, and others who have suffered immensely from economic downturn in small town America, as if they are totally irrelevant. Desperation is very real, but that makes for uncomfortable realities, especially for the pundits who make their living reporting on the election game. So let's just call them disgruntled white men and move on! There is no other possible way they would show the voting habits that they have shown.

This isn't meant to support the "Bernie or Bust" movement, which is absurd and not something I am apart of. But acting like there are only four or five neat little boxes to pile the electorate into has gotten us in a whole lot of trouble before. And let's be clear: Clinton has not shown once to have a good understanding of voters. The Dems can very well still blow this election, and if they do it will be because they have shown to be wholly incompetent.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 05-11-2016, 09:53 AM   #658
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Previously, I scoffed at the notion that there was as much crossover between the Sanders and Trump camps, but even I have to admit I was wrong. I, like probably many of us, was thinking of myself and like-minded people, because I managed to fall into the trap of believing that Sanders' voter base was 20-somethings who are pissed about income inequality. While that is a sizable and not inconsequential base (one that I've noticed many of Clinton's media supporters love to yell "WE DON'T NEED YOUR VOTE" at, but I digress) we're all forgetting about constituencies like West Virginia. Like this absolute piece of shit article that treats everyone in that state, and others who have suffered immensely from economic downturn in small town America, as if they are totally irrelevant. Desperation is very real, but that makes for uncomfortable realities, especially for the pundits who make their living reporting on the election game. So let's just call them disgruntled white men and move on! There is no other possible way they would show the voting habits that they have shown.

This isn't meant to support the "Bernie or Bust" movement, which is absurd and not something I am apart of. But acting like there are only four or five neat little boxes to pile the electorate into has gotten us in a whole lot of trouble before. And let's be clear: Clinton has not shown once to have a good understanding of voters. The Dems can very well still blow this election, and if they do it will be because they have shown to be wholly incompetent.

I'm still of the camp that there can't be that much crossover. I mean a true progressive would never vote for Trump. But we have seen some "progressives" this cycle that are still entrenched in misogyny and racism.

But I think at the end of the day what we're seeing is that there's a huge portion of the electorate that despite their claims(the tea party last election and Sanders voters this time around) they are not voting on principles. These are these dangerous folks that will hand our country over to Trump and watch it burn.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 05-11-2016, 10:10 AM   #659
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,894
Local Time: 12:46 AM
My entire point was that trying to figure out who is a "true progressive" and who is not is a rather counter-productive exercise.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 05-11-2016, 10:17 AM   #660
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
My entire point was that trying to figure out who is a "true progressive" and who is not is a rather counter-productive exercise.

I'm reluctantly coming to terms with that.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com