2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VIII - Page 37 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-06-2016, 07:21 AM   #541
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Man with the political clout of a laserdisc endorses the orange troll.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 07:51 AM   #542
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,420
Local Time: 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Expect to see a lot more of this

First on CNN: Rick Perry endorses Donald Trump for president - CNNPolitics.com


And less of the nevertrumps, they are about as relavent now as they were during the primaries

Nixon said when there is a movement to stop X, X usually wins.
Oh ya?

Quote:
WASHINGTON — In an extraordinary rebuke of his party’s presumed nominee, Speaker Paul D. Ryan, the nation’s highest-ranking elected Republican, said Thursday that he was “not ready” to endorse Donald J. Trump for president.
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 09:44 AM   #543
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,237
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Notice how he didn't say he would "never" endorse Donald J. Trump for president, though.
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 10:20 AM   #544
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,882
Local Time: 03:37 AM
Yeah, a lot of these refusals to endorse Trump will by the wayside when Clinton locks up the nomination and they're staring a one-on-one battle in the face.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 10:26 AM   #545
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,577
Local Time: 08:37 AM
Probably know the answer to this, but what will Trump supporters think when he starts accepting a shit ton of SuperPac $$$??

No way he finances his own campaign for the general.

Same could be said for Bernie if he got the nomination.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BEAL is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 10:51 AM   #546
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,492
Local Time: 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
based upon the style of posting in here lately and all the name calling

many of you are already ceeding defeat


It's posts like these that get you labeled as a troll. You're doing exactly what you're accusing others of doing, except it's not about the race it's about people in here.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 10:52 AM   #547
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,492
Local Time: 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Probably know the answer to this, but what will Trump supporters think when he starts accepting a shit ton of SuperPac $$$??

No way he finances his own campaign for the general.

Same could be said for Bernie if he got the nomination.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference



According to Trump, he could shoot someone dead on 5th Avenue and they'd still support him. Not an issue.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 11:52 AM   #548
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,420
Local Time: 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Notice how he didn't say he would "never" endorse Donald J. Trump for president, though.



Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Yeah, a lot of these refusals to endorse Trump will by the wayside when Clinton locks up the nomination and they're staring a one-on-one battle in the face.
Clearly many of these #NeverTrumps and other republicans will fall into line soon enough, because they're politicians, and are, by nature, hypocrits.

But there will be some Republicans who won't support Trump under any circumstance, and it'll be enough of them to make a difference.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 12:49 PM   #549
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,290
Local Time: 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
According to Trump, he could shoot someone dead on 5th Avenue and they'd still support him. Not an issue.
Yeah, seriously. His supporters don't "think" in the traditional sense.

There was some Trump surrogate on CNN today that said the only thing worse than voting for a Democrat was voting for a Clinton. Most Republicans will get in line, this is just all posturing. Paul Ryan is a self-absorbed opportunist who is trying to come across as stately and presidential so he can point to something in 2020. Too bad for him that he doesn't seem to realize that all the same voters who hated Boehner's ass will hate him as well. He's cut from the same cloth, just better looking and less orange.
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 12:58 PM   #550
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,420
Local Time: 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Yeah, seriously. His supporters don't "think" in the traditional sense.

There was some Trump surrogate on CNN today that said the only thing worse than voting for a Democrat was voting for a Clinton. Most Republicans will get in line, this is just all posturing. Paul Ryan is a self-absorbed opportunist who is trying to come across as stately and presidential so he can point to something in 2020. Too bad for him that he doesn't seem to realize that all the same voters who hated Boehner's ass will hate him as well. He's cut from the same cloth, just better looking and less orange.
You're right for today... but do you honestly think the GOP won't be making some adjustments to ensure this doesn't happen again?

They'll look at everything, and you can be damn sure there will be pressure for the party to fall in line behind one strong candidate early on so as not to have the clown car that was the early Republican debates and primaries, which is really what led to Trump's nomination.

Until just recently, Trump never got above 40%. If there was one establishment candidate for the other 60% to rally behind, Trump would have been DOA.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 01:18 PM   #551
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,290
Local Time: 03:37 AM
Oh for sure they will else they'll have a clown car every time. This will just encourage every freak out there to toss in his/her hat, though Trump has certain advantages over your regular freak (fame and money). And there will be some people who I truly believe will not vote for him, like the Bushes. So yes, he will lose some of these country club Republicans at the margins who, let's be honest, benefit from a Hillary presidency in any event.

I still kind of doubt that he can win, mostly because of the way the electoral college is set up, but I also don't have a good sense of what the turnout will be in the fall. His crazies are definitely more energized than Hillary supporters, but how many of them are there and how likely are they to show up at the voting booth?
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 05:51 PM   #552
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,420
Local Time: 03:37 AM
Barring an indictment, which is incredibly unlikely, or some other huge gaff I don't see anyway Hillary loses.

Then again, if you told me 6 months ago Trump would be the GOP nominee I'd have said you were nutso.

So it's at the very least frightening that this guy is so close to the highest seat in the western world.

But the only way he can win the presidency is with the Hispanic vote. Bush got 40% to win. Romney got creamed with 27%. Aaaand yea... #tacobowl
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 06:35 PM   #553
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,492
Local Time: 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Barring an indictment, which is incredibly unlikely, or some other huge gaff I don't see anyway Hillary loses.

Then again, if you told me 6 months ago Trump would be the GOP nominee I'd have said you were nutso.

So it's at the very least frightening that this guy is so close to the highest seat in the western world.

But the only way he can win the presidency is with the Hispanic vote. Bush got 40% to win. Romney got creamed with 27%. Aaaand yea... #tacobowl



And this is pretty much how it is. Like, there's really no more information beyond this summary.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 06:52 PM   #554
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,665
Local Time: 04:37 AM
Question for people in the know:

Remember how there was fear on the Republican side that Trump would mount a third party bid and effectively hand the presidency to Clinton?

Well, if Bernie decides on a third party bid, is his support big enough to hurt Hillary? Is there talk about Bernie going the independent route?
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 06:58 PM   #555
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,410
Local Time: 03:37 AM
bernie knows that would hand trump the white house. i don't think he's that reckless, although he is being an idiot in general right now.
__________________

__________________
DaveC is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com