2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like Hillary Clinton's Mariachi Band yesterday, right?

And people here have made note of that fact and her embarrassing attempts at pandering and making questionable comments about certain groups of people and whatnot plenty of times. You have noticed the many criticisms of Hilary and her campaign coming from those of us on the left here, haven't you?

Meanwhile, people on the right (speaking in a general sense here) tend to deny the fact that the politicians in their party are heavily racist/sexist/homophobic, or they excuse or justify it somehow ("Look at the PC police being all critical again!").

Bottom line...

I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that there are sections of minorities who are fairly reactionary/conservative to the point that they'd be happy to support Trump. It does not clear Trump himself of any racism by any stretch.

...this is the point that's trying to be made here. Trump isn't suddenly a good guy because he happens to have a few minorities at his rallies.

There's also the whole issue of people voting against their own self-interests to consider as well.

Last edited:
Oh I have plenty more pictures.

African-American Pastors endorsing Trump in Virginia

Trump-black-pastors.jpg

lead_960.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

You're kinda missing the point, well more than kinda...

He said and did the things he did to purposely put out the right dog whistles. The grand wizard also endorsed him, and endorsements only matter to sheep.

You can't hide what has been said and done behind some photo ops. Plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

"Self-absorbed opportunist."

Likely......but rare among politicians, right? :sexywink:

Ha, like a job prerequisite.

Which is why I've always said that the best and brightest would never bother going into politics.

Are you suggesting people of any color or creed don't have the free will to choose for themselves, because somebody else know what's best for them?

Never said or implied such a thing, please do not put words in my mouth.

But if, say, a politician claims they'll help the working class and poor, despite voting for legislation that continues to support their rich buddies, and working class/poor people know that and still vote for that politician anyway, I'd probably be scratching my head a little, yeah. Just like I'd also wonder how a gay person could vote for a politician who didn't support gay rights, or a woman could vote for a politician who believed a woman's place was in the home, or whatever.

People can vote however they want and for whomever they want, obviously, and they may have multiple reasons for doing so. But that doesn't mean some of their reasons for voting for certain politicians won't be, at the very least, confusing to some people. That's my point.

Last edited:
Um, maybe, I think it would depend on the context and the republican.

Point taken. If after a post debate KO of Hillary, Trump wants to do his best Ali "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" I think that would be a good context.:wink:

Point taken. If after a post debate KO of Hillary, Trump wants to do his best Ali "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" I think that would be a good context.:wink:

Except Trump doesn't know who Ali is, he doesn't know of any Muslim sports heroes.

Tried to get into a Trump rally tonight but it filled up when there were around 5 people ahead of us, it was disappointing. We ended up joining the protest and yelled "fuck Trump" for about an hour

Tried to get into a Trump rally tonight but it filled up when there were around 5 people ahead of us, it was disappointing. We ended up joining the protest and yelled "fuck Trump" for about an hour

what did you hope to accomplish by attending the rally? were you just there to protest?

The best way to stifle an overbearing attention seeker is to ignore them.

The more violent protests there are outside Trump rallys, the stronger he gets. The more politicians and pundits talk about how dumb his campaign is, which it is, the stronger he gets.

Suck out the oxygen and the fire goes out.

Speaking truth to power !

The best way to stifle an overbearing attention seeker is to ignore them.

The more violent protests there are outside Trump rallys, the stronger he gets. The more politicians and pundits talk about how dumb his campaign is, which it is, the stronger he gets.

Suck out the oxygen and the fire goes out.

THIS

what did you hope to accomplish by attending the rally? were you just there to protest?
yes, what did you accomplish??

you and your comrades should have closed down a major freeway and over turned a few police cars like they did here in the O C, how can people know how serious you are by just standing and yelling, it never even made the news down here,

The more violent protests there are outside Trump rallys, the stronger he gets. .

I'll be voting for Mrs. Clinton, or a third candidate. Probably an equivalent position in this election.

But the more I see the *destructive* protests against Trump, or to a lesser extent, the many folks out there like 'nbelcik'......

Well, it could make someone reconsider.

As soon as nbelcik made that post, you could already predict the responses from the FYM faithful. :happy:

I particularly love the 'ignore them and they'll go away' tactic, I see that used by liberal types against anti-fascists ridiculously often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom