2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As if getting banged by him wasn't enough...

Failed Candidate Ted Cruz Elbows Wife in Face

zmpzlbznqej5i6cflyhu.gif

Fuck Ted Cruz

Amazing.

There has been no real point to Cruz or Kasich for some time now, this contested convention was always the longest of long shots and each contest it became less likely, it only existed because people were talking it up and pretending it was more legit than it ever was.

Last edited:
As if getting banged by him wasn't enough...

Failed Candidate Ted Cruz Elbows Wife in Face

zmpzlbznqej5i6cflyhu.gif

Fuck Ted Cruz

of course he is going to choose his father over her, his father help kill JFK
what's a little knock in the head, that's nothing

when Carly upstaged him he pushed her off the stage

I also like how his supporters raise their phones to record this, and then post it, best supporters ever

Last edited:
two words you will not hear again from Trump or any GOP

Lyin' Ted

also, Kasich is a very possible VP pick, puts Ohio in the Red
Lyin', oops - I mean the Honorable Sen Ted Cruz has distinguished legal back ground and would be a welcome name on the list for Scalia replacement

I expect a united GOP, there is more concern for a divided, weaken Democrat party, that Convention could look like Chicago 1968

Way too much bloodshed for any of those guys to be VP picks.

Cruz won't happen, the question is, will he use his platform to support the ticket. I say we need to give it a few weeks.

I know it sounds odd about Kasich, but I'd put the odds at 45-50%, Johnson , JFK 1960 and Reagan , Bush 1 1980 were in knife fights too before getting on the same ticket.

for many in the GOP, this is really about 2020, most expect Clinton to win, and then be vulnerable in 2020, after 12 years of Obama-Clinton.
Cruz believes he has set himself up for 2020, just like Romney's 2nd place in 2004 set him up for 2008. Kasich has to consider if losing a VP nomination advances his 2020 chances, Paul Ryan got a bump to speaker and many's preferred 2016 candidate.

Last edited:
I thought that Kasich had made the rounds on every TV program willing to have him on to say that there is "absolutely no chance" he will be the VP on a Trump ticket. Not to say he's a man of integrity but still.

I thought that Kasich had made the rounds on every TV program willing to have him on to say that there is "absolutely no chance" he will be the VP on a Trump ticket. Not to say he's a man of integrity but still.

I'm pretty sure that's a standard wording from the underdog. Never appear weak. Sanders said the same thing, I think. It's routine.

I'm pretty sure that's a standard wording from the underdog. Never appear weak. Sanders said the same thing, I think. It's routine.

exactly, and along with that line of thinking the nerertrump people rethink that position also

if one asked a Clinton supporter if they could find them voting for Sanders in Nov, many will say no, because that would mean he destroyed her and put her away when they feel passionately about her.

Come Nov would Clinton supporters want Trump to win??

These politically active people are just going to let that happen??

The great thing about expectations, is that they're rarely ever met.

I don't expect the GOP to rally around Trump. Their focus will be on 2020

Gingrich, Kasich, Rubio are top three stocks in the GOP VP market on predictit.org

My guess is we will wait and see how the race evolves over the next 2 months. How head to head polling trends. Trump has stated he wants an established politician not an outsider.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

As Christians, we cannot in good conscience vote for a candidate that thumbs his nose at the morality that the Bible calls us to, that up until recently supported abortion, celebrates his multiple divorces, and that treats others "created in God's image" as poorly as he does. He is a wolf in wolf's clothing.
We must vote in a way that is consistent with our convictions and world view. To fail to do so in order to try and accept the lesser of two evils is to deny scripture and the power of the living God.
“Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.” Romans 13:1 NASB
I will vote, because I think it is a right that we have been privileged to by our creator, but I don't know who I will write in yet. That means my candidate won't win this election. But my God will win at the end of all of this and that's what I am more concerned with.

This is the cut and paste I see cropping all over Facebook, there will be no unifying behind Trump. If the "establishment" get behind him they know they've lost the party and the "principled" can't stand him. In order to flip states you need high turn out, these people will write in, scramble for a 3rd party ticket, or more than likely stay home.

Gingrich, Kasich, Rubio are top three stocks in the GOP VP market on predictit.org

My guess is we will wait and see how the race evolves over the next 2 months. How head to head polling trends. Trump has stated he wants an established politician not an outsider.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Gingrich would be a good choice.
I'd vote for Trump/Gingrich

Lyin', oops - I mean the Honorable Sen Ted Cruz has distinguished legal back ground and would be a welcome name on the list for Scalia replacement

I don't think Ted would be comfortable in a black robe. Might clash with the white one in his closet.

Way too much bloodshed for any of those guys to be VP picks.

Not a lot of bloodshed with Kasich, certainly a lot less comparatively speaking to Lyin' Ted, Little Marco, M&M Stashing Chris, Pyramid Ben et al.

So he might be a possibility.

Maybe Carly Fiorina, she now has lots of experience running a vice presidential campaign. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom