2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VIII - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2016, 03:05 PM   #196
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I always want the best candidate in each party to get the nomination

so Hillary, of course

the GOP this time has been a bit of a dilemma, Cruz is about the worst, I tend to be risk averse. Trump is a wild card, a disrupter, as Sanders would be if he got elected. But as I took the time to listen to each of Trumps points, I can do not find any of them to be unreasonable.

Anyone that does not believe the system is totally corrupt and the working stiffs are getting sold out by both sides is not paying attention or is part of the system that wants to live off of others hard work.

You think a Sanders election is a problem, but you like Trump's corruption rhetoric? Sanders' entire campaign is based upon that corruption rhetoric.

The only difference between those two candidates on that issue is that Sanders has ideas and understands the actual system. Trump just fires out pandering garbage and makes things up as he goes along. A Sanders election is not a problem. It's a Sanders nomination that's a problem (as others have suggested, he's vulnerable/unpredictable). Why do you think Trump is utilizing the "corruption" accusations in his campaign? Because he's a really good guy who cares about the people? Give me a break. He's narcissistic. Like, clinically diagnosable. Narcissistic personality disorder. He's really happy to tell you about how he's so much better than everyone else.

Big note: any piece of racist trash that comes out of Trump's mouth, he believes. Anything that Trump says, even when he changes his views, he believes. That's a textbook case of a narcissist. He believes it solely on the ground that he said it. And if he said it, it must be true. One could argue that this is a major strength and a major flaw at the same time. It makes him infallible to criticism (you can't question him on his core beliefs, because he is his own core belief). However, when it comes down to it, he's going to be eaten alive from the likes of a Vladimir Putin. Play to Trump's ego and court him as a genius and a strong leader, and Putin will reap the benefits.

Kasich is probably the best current candidate for the GOP. Yes, Cruz is the worst. Trump isn't far behind.

Old 04-30-2016, 03:27 PM   #197
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Does anyone seriously think he has any chance? I mean this as a serious question. ?
Considering how difficult it has been for Hillary to put away Bernie, Trump would have a chance. She's a very unlikeable candidate, and once he starts attacking her anything is possible.

Old 04-30-2016, 03:36 PM   #198
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:50 PM
Bingo
Old 04-30-2016, 03:38 PM   #199
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:50 AM
Quote:
I think his appeal is much broader than social media would lead one to believe. I find him to the most gay friendly and black friendly GOP candidate of the lot, including Kasich and Bush.
Right, it's social media's fault.

Sure. But which version of Trump?

Quote:
Also, if one can get past the desire to have secure boarders, which is not racist but logical he is good for Latino Americans that want better paying jobs.

Well no one said that is racist, but we all know you're smarter than that.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 04-30-2016, 05:14 PM   #200
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Considering how difficult it has been for Hillary to put away Bernie, Trump would have a chance. She's a very unlikeable candidate, and once he starts attacking her anything is possible.
It hasn't been difficult for Hillary to put away Bernie. I'm more or less a Bernie guy but I can admit this. She dominated him in the south, she dominated him in Ohio, in Florida, in New York, in nearly every delegate-heavy state she had to win. He won a string of states, more caucuses than primaries, which gave him momentum in the media but not really enough delegates to really close in on her.

She has had a fairly commanding pledged delegate lead since early on with all those SEC states.

Nearly all of the superdelegates have been in her corner.

The overwhelming majority of elected Democratic officials who have endorsed during the primary have endorsed Hillary.

Bernie has filled big venues with tens of thousands, he has a dedicated following, his movement is real and is one I believe in, but let's be real, he's never been able to get close enough to truly threaten Hillary. Only close enough to be a thorn in her side.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:32 PM   #201
Blue Crack Distributor

Did we really underestimate Trump?

Or was the GOP so inept that they let Trump steal the nomination without ever moving his needle above 40% by having too many bumbling idiots in the clown car?
Old 04-30-2016, 08:22 PM   #202
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post

Or was the GOP so inept that they let Trump steal the nomination without ever moving his needle above 40% by having too many bumbling idiots in the clown car?

This is what I've been wondering as well.

He certainly understands how media works.

But Ted fucking Cruz is in 2nd place. Everyone hates him. The former speaker called him Lucifer and a miserable sumabitch.

I blame people who vote GOP and who have consumed a steady diet of distortions and lies from Fox News and other outlets of right wing media. There's also a very real problem in rural white America. There are people who have been left behind by modernity -- the death rate for white women of a certain income is rising. Small town America is in tatters. We may be seeing the rise of white identity politics. It doesn't come from nowhere.

Trump is a product of all these things.

I do think Hillary will crush him. I really do. Because he hates powerful women. He likes smart women who work for him, but his misogyny and disdain for some broad in a pantsuit -- which will be amplified during the debates -- will likely render him so unpalatable to women voters that he's DOA. He's already alienated Latinos. Who else has he got other than straight white men with chips on their shoulders?

I hope.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:26 PM   #203
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
some broad in a pantsuit -- .
Ted Cruz is President Punchable Face and Hillary is President Some Broad in a Pantsuit?
Old 04-30-2016, 09:18 PM   #204
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
This is what I've been wondering as well.

He certainly understands how media works.

But Ted fucking Cruz is in 2nd place. Everyone hates him. The former speaker called him Lucifer and a miserable sumabitch.

I blame people who vote GOP and who have consumed a steady diet of distortions and lies from Fox News and other outlets of right wing media. There's also a very real problem in rural white America. There are people who have been left behind by modernity -- the death rate for white women of a certain income is rising. Small town America is in tatters. We may be seeing the rise of white identity politics. It doesn't come from nowhere.

Trump is a product of all these things.

I do think Hillary will crush him. I really do. Because he hates powerful women. He likes smart women who work for him, but his misogyny and disdain for some broad in a pantsuit -- which will be amplified during the debates -- will likely render him so unpalatable to women voters that he's DOA. He's already alienated Latinos. Who else has he got other than straight white men with chips on their shoulders?

I hope.
At one point I was worried about Trump actually winning the general, because I feared that the democrats wouldn't show up because they weren't energized enough. Then I feared Trump might win if the Dems were somehow stupid enough to nominate Sanders. Now that the base seems to have been fired up and Hillary is the presumed candidate, it's back to basic math. Trump's numbers don't add up.

Even in the event of a terrorist attack, Trump's isolationist foreign policy won't help him, whereas Clinton is fairly hawkish for a Democrat.

In a Trump/Clinton matchup the only way Hillary loses is if somehow she gets indicted.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:24 PM   #205
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:50 PM
Quote:
But as I took the time to listen to each of Trumps points, I can do not find any of them to be unreasonable.
This says a lot about you, and why some of us consider you a troll, or little better than one.

e.g. Most people would consider demanding a foreign country, whose people have been depicted as rapists, to pay for a wall that is impractical from an engineering sense and outrageous from a diplomatic or moral one, to not be a reasonable point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I'm with the others who don't think Hillary has had that hard a time putting away Sanders. Yes, he's challenged her, and that has been beneficial for the Democrats. But in most of the states where, in the leadup, Sanders was considered likely to nab a previously unexpected victory, Hillary worked the game very well and won - by good margins. I would anticipate she could do the same if Trump looked like a real threat in swing states. She may be unlikeable, but her people know how to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post

This is the thing isn't it? He can't even get a majority of the diehard base who actually participate in primaries, despite most of his opponents being either a). also morons and/or b). completely lacking in name recognition. How is he meant to translate this more widely? The Republicans are killing themselves by pandering to a base that is increasingly out of touch. It's a product of the perils of gerrymandering too well: instead of competing for a moderate candidate who can win the centre away from the rival party, you create competitions to prove who is the One True Republican and that spawns extremism. It's now flowed from Congressional districts to nominating a candidate.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-30-2016, 11:04 PM   #206
45:33

Why aren't we talking about Obama being a fucking sick cunt at the correspondents dinner
Old 05-01-2016, 12:12 AM   #207
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Why aren't we talking about Obama being a fucking sick cunt at the correspondents dinner

What did he do? After a Google search not even Faux News is saying anything harsh about the dinner.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:24 AM   #208
45:33

I think you are misunderstanding what I mean by "sick cunt"
Old 05-01-2016, 12:43 AM   #209
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Bet he can't DJ as well as John Howard though.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-01-2016, 12:53 AM   #210
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I think you are misunderstanding what I mean by "sick cunt"

Probably so, never heard it used in any kind of positive manner.