2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VII - Page 65 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-20-2016, 02:53 PM   #961
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
trojanchick99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Posts: 8,089
Local Time: 05:13 PM
Compared to 2008 Democratic Primary turnout is lower. However, Republican turnout is much higher. This is from Pew research. So while Sanders is exciting some people, he's still no Obama.


__________________

__________________
trojanchick99 is offline  
Old 04-20-2016, 02:55 PM   #962
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,478
Local Time: 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
So while Sanders is exciting some people, he's still no Obama.

But apparently Trump is.








__________________

__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 04-20-2016, 03:00 PM   #963
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,902
Local Time: 07:13 PM
Wait, I thought Bernie had a "Revolution" and Obama didn't. Weird...
__________________
mikal is online now  
Old 04-20-2016, 03:19 PM   #964
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,665
Local Time: 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Wait, I thought Bernie had a "Revolution" and Obama didn't. Weird...

You're just pissed off because be was competition and ran the cleanest campaign ever known to humanity.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 04-20-2016, 04:06 PM   #965
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,355
Local Time: 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
Compared to 2008 Democratic Primary turnout is lower. However, Republican turnout is much higher. This is from Pew research. So while Sanders is exciting some people, he's still no Obama.






I meant of young people. I was saying that in response to Irvine's post about how young people dont show up.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 04-20-2016, 05:02 PM   #966
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,253
Local Time: 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
I support Hillary because I feel she can move some legislation forward. I am not naive to think we'll get to some Utopia.

This country is divided nearly 50/50, we are not set up to enact legislation that shows no middle ground.
Again, this line of thinking is just completely wrong. Clinton can't move any legislation that the left finds dear to their hearts until Republicans are out of congress. There's no compromise legislation when the right won't even budge an inch.

And any major legislation that is passed will just be a slap in the face to the left, such as Obama utilizing Republican votes to pass the TPP or Clinton potentially using their votes to pass additional fracking permits. Nothing the right will agree to will ever benefit the American people, so if you're on the left, you might as well hope Clinton accomplishes nothing as any major legislation passed in her eight years will merely be a capitulation to Republicans against her party's objections (barring, of course, a miracle where the Dems reclaim the House).

Still, not once in this thread (or anywhere else on the internet) have I seen a single reasonable progressive policy proposal that Clinton will be able to get enough Republican support in the House to pass when she's President. Nor should anyone expect such a thing to exist. Republican House = Game Over and basically waiting for the courts to smack the ruler on gerrymandering and/or have more old white people die off. We're basically still in political purgatory until that happens.
__________________
BigMacPhisto is online now  
Old 04-20-2016, 05:05 PM   #967
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,253
Local Time: 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
You're just pissed off because be was competition and ran the cleanest campaign ever known to humanity.
Or you're just pissed off because you try to pretend to be objective while constantly shilling for a candidate that hardly anybody under the age of fifty happens to like.

Thank god she could ride the political coattails of Obama (the man she used race baiting tactics against eight years ago and now cries foul at the Sanders campaign) with minorities and older people who get all their information from cable news.
__________________
BigMacPhisto is online now  
Old 04-20-2016, 05:16 PM   #968
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,665
Local Time: 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Or you're just pissed off because you try to pretend to be objective while constantly shilling for a candidate that hardly anybody under the age of fifty happens to like.

Yes, I've been hardcore shilling for a candidate with my numerous "any candidate I vote for in 2016 will be a reluctant one". The candidates have been lining up to get that endorsement. If you're going to attack, try to know what they've posted before.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 04-20-2016, 05:21 PM   #969
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,568
Local Time: 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Again, this line of thinking is just completely wrong. Clinton can't move any legislation that the left finds dear to their hearts until Republicans are out of congress. There's no compromise legislation when the right won't even budge an inch.

And any major legislation that is passed will just be a slap in the face to the left, such as Obama utilizing Republican votes to pass the TPP or Clinton potentially using their votes to pass additional fracking permits. Nothing the right will agree to will ever benefit the American people, so if you're on the left, you might as well hope Clinton accomplishes nothing as any major legislation passed in her eight years will merely be a capitulation to Republicans against her party's objections (barring, of course, a miracle where the Dems reclaim the House).

Still, not once in this thread (or anywhere else on the internet) have I seen a single reasonable progressive policy proposal that Clinton will be able to get enough Republican support in the House to pass when she's President. Nor should anyone expect such a thing to exist. Republican House = Game Over and basically waiting for the courts to smack the ruler on gerrymandering and/or have more old white people die off. We're basically still in political purgatory until that happens.
This just feels hopeless. It's all or nothing with you it seems, if you can't have the full progressive agenda passed, then nothing is good enough.

We don't operate that way. Obama had the public option in the ACA to start and had a majority in both houses, and yet it was stripped out. He couldn't even get what was the closest thing to Universal Healthcare passed within his own party. Why would Bernie succeed? Especially when he's been an Independent his whole career?

Hillary may not try to enact sweeping changes to the system, but they both do share similar positions.

Promote a liberal SC Justice (really the most important aspect of this election)
Fight to repeal Citizen's United (see above)
Increase to Min Wage
Regulations of Wall St / Banks
Stricter Gun Control
Continuation of Women's Health Programs
Continuation of civil rights (name a minority group)

I know there are differences between the two, even on the above topics, but I don't see there being that much of one to go into a fit.

But back to your point, you complain about Hillary not getting anything done if elected, yet you know Bernie won't stand a chance either. So what is the complaint then? Other than to yell louder when the GOP blocks what your guy puts forward?
__________________
BEAL is online now  
Old 04-20-2016, 05:52 PM   #970
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,902
Local Time: 07:13 PM
What's next for Bernie Sanders? - CNNPolitics.com

This really concerns me and I really hope that Bernie changes his tone soon, especially after HC wins 4 of the next 5 states and it becomes absolutely clear that he has no chance. Also, the more it becomes clear that he's not going to win, if he continues to play the "not fair" role, it might end up doing more harm to him as people will start to get sick of it.
__________________
mikal is online now  
Old 04-20-2016, 06:24 PM   #971
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Mack_Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: definitely Osaka
Posts: 6,619
Local Time: 08:13 PM
wait so if you guys support Hillary, are you guys okay with she being kinda hawkish in Middle East? i just wonder
__________________
Mack_Again is offline  
Old 04-20-2016, 06:25 PM   #972
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Mack_Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: definitely Osaka
Posts: 6,619
Local Time: 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
But apparently Trump is.








I afraid he is. he is just what Republican party needed, whether they like it or not.
__________________
Mack_Again is offline  
Old 04-20-2016, 06:30 PM   #973
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,355
Local Time: 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Again View Post
wait so if you guys support Hillary, are you guys okay with she being kinda hawkish in Middle East? i just wonder

If she's hawkish against the Saudis, hell yeah. Just no war.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 04-20-2016, 06:32 PM   #974
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,665
Local Time: 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Again View Post
wait so if you guys support Hillary, are you guys okay with she being kinda hawkish in Middle East? i just wonder

Outside of voting for the Iraq war, exactly where else has she been a "hawk"?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 04-20-2016, 06:36 PM   #975
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Mack_Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: definitely Osaka
Posts: 6,619
Local Time: 08:13 PM
isn't she supporting wars (or interventions) in Syria and Libya?

Also, she's supporting current Israel gov't, that's kinda insane.
__________________

__________________
Mack_Again is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com