2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VII - Page 53 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2016, 02:04 PM   #781
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:13 AM
I have to admit I'm not up to speed on his green card status but yeah, if he has one he can contribute.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:29 PM   #782
ONE
love, blood, life

Bono is a permanent resident -- same thing as having a green card.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:30 PM   #783
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Dear God.
I don't pray much. But please let hillary just win NY by 10 so that we can please move past all the BS.
If Clinton wins by any amount, it's finally over. Bernie's chances go to 0% unless you're bat shit enough to think he's going to win California by twenty points in June.

I think Clinton will win by about six points on Tuesday and that will be the end of all of this. A loss in New York bodes poorly for Bernie's chances in states with even worse demographics, such as Connecticut and Maryland. Plus, New York is a golden opportunity for him to really cut into her delegate lead.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:36 PM   #784
ONE
love, blood, life

Nobody ever expected Sanders to come even close in NY. It's Clinton's senatorial state.

Sanders hasn't stood a real chance since Ohio/Florida, but to think New York is his ticket, win-or-go-home state... nah. He just needs to not get blown out 60-40. I'd say if he manages a margin under 10 points, he's happy.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:46 PM   #785
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:13 AM
Yeah, it's a big numbers game. Unless all the polls are wrong (which wouldn't be an absolute shocker) Clinton will win NY and that's where it starts to get close to it being mathematically impossible for Bernie to win. Hopefully when it gets to that point, he does the right thing and bows out instead of threatening a contested convention.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:46 PM   #786
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
If Clinton wins by any amount, it's finally over. Bernie's chances go to 0% unless you're bat shit enough to think he's going to win California by twenty points in June.

I think Clinton will win by about six points on Tuesday and that will be the end of all of this. A loss in New York bodes poorly for Bernie's chances in states with even worse demographics, such as Connecticut and Maryland. Plus, New York is a golden opportunity for him to really cut into her delegate lead.
That's almost my exact projection as well. the polls have her up around an average of twelve. I automatically cut 5% off the top since he seems to over perform by election day. My guess is a 7 point HRC win.

I do think if it's under 10, that He will keep on pushing the narrative that he can win. And as much as it will annoy me, I understand he wants to go til June which is his prerogative.

If he is within 2 or 3. then its gonna get really messy.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:53 PM   #787
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Yeah, it's a big numbers game. Unless all the polls are wrong (which wouldn't be an absolute shocker) Clinton will win NY and that's where it starts to get close to it being mathematically impossible for Bernie to win. Hopefully when it gets to that point, he does the right thing and bows out instead of threatening a contested convention.

Well they're frequently wrong in magnitude, but not necessarily wrong in choosing a winner. I'd venture to say that's because if the undecided or no answer pollers.

The only way Sanders contests at the convention is with a pledged delegate lead but Clinton with over 50% of the delegates (and I think we can all agree that he'd have a valid point). It's not going to happen though. She's got it on lock. He's just buying time.

Honestly, the longer he stays in this race, the better it is for her and her relevance. Though, I would say recently it's starting to get damaging. Then again, the other side is as well.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:53 PM   #788
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
I think the biggest part of the numbers game with NY in particular, is the amount of delegates it removes from the equation. Even if Bernie loses by 1 point. HRC gets like 10 more delegates from him. But it takes away, the second largest delegate prize going forward.

I would say that we are looking at a definite Maryland win for HRC, probably a close win in PA, maybe a 5 to 8 point win in Jersey and Deleware. Bernie probably nabs Connecticut and Rhode Island.
If it all falls that way. Not even a California blowout by Bernie would be enough.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:57 PM   #789
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Also interesting to see Trump coming out with Hillary attacks. The best part, he's calling her "Crooked Hillary" LOL.
If that's the kind of stinging attack that he has in store. She's breathing a sigh of relief.
Truly, i can't think of a thing that they can hit her with that hasn't been said a million times, and has lost any of it's punch.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:29 PM   #790
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Are candidates allowed to take donations from non US citizens?

They use these fundraisers to raise funds obviously, mostly because ( I think) the rules for individual donations are different as to the monetary limit you can donate. What is the point to having limits if they just create these bogus "fundraisers" so the filthy rich can donate at the maximum by purchasing tickets at these ungodly sums? It's so ridiculous the way they work around these laws, typical politicians.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Edge donated to Hillary's campaign fund some time ago, not this election cycle. Maybe it was in 2008 for the nomination back then? Doesn't matter, I was just curious with all this talk about Clooney's fundraiser and since Edge lives out there in LA it seemed like a logical assumption he would donate/attend plus he's definitely in the 1% crowd! Whatever... I was just wondering.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:42 PM   #791
ONE
love, blood, life

2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VII

He probably did... because he's probably also a permanent resident. He can contribute.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:09 PM   #792
Blue Crack Distributor

The Bros are descending... hide the women and well to do
Old 04-18-2016, 06:12 PM   #793
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
He probably did... because he's probably also a permanent resident. He can contribute.

He's also married to an American. I wonder if he has dual citizenship?
Old 04-18-2016, 06:26 PM   #794
Blue Crack Distributor

I give Bernie this... his pre rally playlists are legit
Old 04-18-2016, 07:11 PM   #795
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
He's also married to an American. I wonder if he has dual citizenship?

Ireland is really good about dual citizenship for Americans (I am a dual citizen of Ireland). However, the opposite is not the same. You can't be a dual citizen in the United States unless you're born into it. So, he'd have to renounce his Irish citizenship to get US citizenship. Something he most likely did not do.