2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VII - Page 47 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2016, 07:54 PM   #691
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
unless, of course, you alienate the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Or you galvanize the right...
Ding.

There are moderate Republicans who are so disgusted with what they've put up that they'd actually consider voting for Hillary, something most of us would think would never ever happen in a million years... but hey, Trump and Cruz.

Going farther to the left because You think you can get away with it, because of how bad the GOP candidates are, could end up back firing.

Rural voters will vote overwhelmingly for the GOP candidate. Urban candidates will vote overwhelmingly the other way.

The election will be decided in the moderates in the suburbs. Right now they'll go hard for anyone but Trump or Cruz.

Nominate a far leftist, and then all of a sudden Kasich or some other more moderate, less douchey candidate comes out of a contested GOP convention, and you may will end up losing a presidency that you were given on a silver platter.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:59 PM   #692
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Woah, where did you get the idea that I've written him off, and especially because of his supporters?

No one is calling all supporters "bros", but there's a loud vocal group where the shoe fits. They're annoying and they're doing Sanders a disservice.

And I have no idea where you got 'if they do it, I should do it, too?'

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I made the point like two posts ago that buying into the stereotypes and voicing them out loud is a way of illegitimizing the platform. Many people are using the followers as a way of illegitimizing the Sanders campaign. It's annoying. I hate hearing about the followers. I really do. Why is it a discussion worth having? This boils back down to the point that incredibly dumb people vote on both sides. Weighing whose loud voters are more irritating doesn't mean anything at all.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:03 PM   #693
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I have to say it's a bit odd to me that some of you seem so utterly obsessed with supporters of a particular candidate, when the only real criticism is that they are irritating (Hillary fans condescending/Bernie Bros aggressive naive kids). I mean...who cares?

It's one thing to be terrified of Trump's supporters who are openly racist and inciting violence, but on the Dem side, it's basically politically passionate people (agree with them or not) who may take it a step too far and who have the bad luck of living in an age of social and digital media such that their behaviour appears amplified.

Well there's been open racism and sexism on Bern's side too. It's not the passion that bothers me, it's the bubble culture that mirrors the right.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:06 PM   #694
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Well there's been open racism and sexism on Bern's side too.
As opposed to Hillary's surrogates saying things like "there is a special place in hell for women who don't support [i.e. vote for] other women"?

Look, I'd vote for her over Bernie because I'm practical but the condescension from her supporters, the way they speak to the other side as if they are all stupid kids is really bloody irritating too. But I don't let that influence my vote nor do I say things like "it's not doing her any favours", etc. What's it got to do with Hillary or Bernie that some of their supporters are awful? Anybody whose vote would be swayed by that is off in some kind of la-la land if you ask me.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:09 PM   #695
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Ding.

There are moderate Republicans who are so disgusted with what they've put up that they'd actually consider voting for Hillary, something most of us would think would never ever happen in a million years... but hey, Trump and Cruz.

Going farther to the left because You think you can get away with it, because of how bad the GOP candidates are, could end up back firing.

Rural voters will vote overwhelmingly for the GOP candidate. Urban candidates will vote overwhelmingly the other way.

The election will be decided in the moderates in the suburbs. Right now they'll go hard for anyone but Trump or Cruz.

Nominate a far leftist, and then all of a sudden Kasich or some other more moderate, less douchey candidate comes out of a contested GOP convention, and you may will end up losing a presidency that you were given on a silver platter.

This is what I feel could and would happen with Bernie as the nominee.

Don't throw the WH away because of being greedy with proposal ideas.

Baby steps

Old 04-14-2016, 09:19 PM   #696
Blue Crack Addict

Really rough start for Bernie tonight. He just keeps bringing up the same points. No solutions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2016, 09:22 PM   #697
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Really rough start for Bernie tonight. He just keeps bringing up the same points. No solutions.

Condescending! So condescending! You're not better than me!

(In all seriousness, I hope people realize I was kidding with my earlier post)
Old 04-14-2016, 09:33 PM   #698
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post

Gloves are coming off just a lil bit more. Very beginning of these debates it was kind of a love fest. Neither would attack.

Now that Bernie has made it much closer, Substance needs to come out (on both sides)

Old 04-14-2016, 10:06 PM   #699
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Ding.

To underscore this point, I'm a moderate who frequently votes red. I could easily see myself pulling the lever for Clinton. I wouldn't even consider voting Sanders.

Old 04-14-2016, 10:51 PM   #700
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
As opposed to Hillary's surrogates saying things like "there is a special place in hell for women who don't support [i.e. vote for] other women"?

Look, I'd vote for her over Bernie because I'm practical but the condescension from her supporters, the way they speak to the other side as if they are all stupid kids is really bloody irritating too. But I don't let that influence my vote nor do I say things like "it's not doing her any favours", etc. What's it got to do with Hillary or Bernie that some of their supporters are awful? Anybody whose vote would be swayed by that is off in some kind of la-la land if you ask me.

Yeah, anyone who says that doesn't get it.

But saying "that doesn't do any favors" doesn't mean I'm not voting for someone based on their followers, it's about; if you're trying to win over hearts you're doing it wrong.

Old 04-15-2016, 12:06 AM   #701
Blue Crack Addict

Alright, last couple of pages confirmed I'll be voting for Sanders in the primary.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:13 AM   #702
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Because facts and policy was discussed?

Old 04-15-2016, 12:16 AM   #703
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Alright, last couple of pages confirmed I'll be voting for Sanders in the primary.
The discussion in this thread only makes me more sympathetic to Sanders. And I don't need to outline my view on him again because I think I've said it enough.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:18 AM   #704
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:48 PM
The last hundred or so posts have just confirmed my view of US politics as a cesspool.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-15-2016, 12:54 AM   #705
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
To underscore this point, I'm a moderate who frequently votes red. I could easily see myself pulling the lever for Clinton. I wouldn't even consider voting Sanders.

This is the most important post of the past several pages.