2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VII - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2016, 08:47 AM   #346
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Again View Post
I didn't say i was against incremental changes. i am against incremental changes that never happen, like what Obama kinda promised.
I'm not really sure what was promised that hasn't at least had some real head way (incremental change) done...

Obviously i think we have seen him push as hard as he can, to the dismay and handwringing of republicans.

And that's the whole point. People have somehow come to believe that huge sweeping changes are just easy, but it has never been the case, nor will it ever be.

The fact that people genuinely believe that Sanders is somehow going to make any progress just because he doesn't have a superPAC is just astounding to me.
Or that Trump will make drastic changes because he self funded his primary??? nope

Old 04-07-2016, 08:48 AM   #347
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
hey we have real estate mogul as the frontrunner for the presidential race. everything is pretty meaningless at this pt.
LOL. Nicely said

Old 04-07-2016, 08:57 AM   #348
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:49 AM
I support Sanders and i don't believe that everything will be solved magically. but it'll be a step (I think it should be a large one) toward the right direction to elect someone who actually care about ordinary people. I know he faces tons of problems and all that but I think electing him and having his judgement in the government will at least be the right thing for us. Obviously to achieve this, we need string of people who has similar belief as Bernie (like Elizabeth Warren?) after him. I think I am honestly excited about someone representing my liberal ideas and being confident about it instead of compromising it and calling it "third way."
Old 04-07-2016, 09:13 AM   #349
ONE
love, blood, life

2016 US Presidential Election Thread - VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Reality, Sanders won handily in Wisconsin. But at the end of the day he came away with 2 more delegates than Clinton.

If he gains 5 in Wyoming, that makes a grand total of 7 delegate gain in a two week period....
According to what numbers? He won 10 more, from what I've seen.

Quote:
If Clinton wins NY by 5, PA by 5-8, MD by 10-15, NJ by 5-8... (I'm trying to be fair with the numbers here)

Then can Sanders supporters finally concede? Even if she were to lose one of the above by a couple points... There just isn't anything more for Sanders to get with substantial numbers. PR has 60 delegates and that's a shoe-in for Clinton, and DC will be a sure Clinton win...
Sanders will concede when he has no path to the nomination and only then.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:15 AM   #350
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
I support Sanders and i don't believe that everything will be solved magically. but it'll be a step (I think it should be a large one) toward the right direction to elect someone who actually care about ordinary people. I know he faces tons of problems and all that but I think electing him and having his judgement in the government will at least be the right thing for us. Obviously to achieve this, we need string of people who has similar belief as Bernie (like Elizabeth Warren?) after him. I think I am honestly excited about someone representing my liberal ideas and being confident about it instead of compromising it and calling it "third way."
I don't disagree, but it does bring up another sore point of mine with him. That is the fact that he is raising no money for other candidates. It just then feels to me that he is holding himself up as the lone savior of the country. He labels anyone that disagrees with him as "establishment". He labels all superdelegates as "establishment". Yet HE IS a superdelegate himself which is rich with irony.
These superdelegates and other Dems are elected officials. Elected by the people, parts of which are very NON establishment caucuses like the black, latino and progressive caucues. Yet those members support Clinton by about 75 to 2...

This is written off as establishment siding with her. But they are inherently anti-establishment folks, so it begs the question, why do they see Sanders in a less positive light.

All that said, i still like Bernie and agree that Dems need to get their asses involved and elect more and more progressives to make any real change.

peace
Old 04-07-2016, 09:18 AM   #351
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:49 PM
Incremental change... fuck. off.

Ronald Reagan and those around him almost singlehandedly changed the frame in which American politics was conducted. Obviously far for the worse, in my view. That which changed can and will change again. Incremental change my arse. First the narrative, hearts and minds, then the bums on seats, and the laws, and the opinion makers. Ok, in some ways I suppose it can seem incremental, but what's fifteen or twenty years (incidentally the gap between the Goldwater experiment and the rise of Reaganism/Thatcherism)?
Old 04-07-2016, 09:19 AM   #352
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran McConville View Post
Incremental change... fuck. off.
thank you
Old 04-07-2016, 09:59 AM   #353
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
I really wish people would stop using the term 'saying it how it is' and its many variants. It's meaningless.
About time somebody told it as it is
Old 04-07-2016, 10:06 AM   #354
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by headache in a suitcase View Post
about time somebody told it as it is
Old 04-07-2016, 10:07 AM   #355
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:49 AM
Quote:
like what Obama kinda promised.

Feeling the Bern of Sanders propaganda?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 04-07-2016, 10:12 AM   #356
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I'm agreeing with you. There's this irrationality surrounding hatred for Clinton's policy but respect for Sanders.

Yeah, there is such an ingrained hatred of Clinton in the far right bubble culture, and an old white male just doesn't seem as threatening. He can even spell it out for them but their hatred will win at the end of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 04-07-2016, 11:53 AM   #357
ONE
love, blood, life

https://www.facebook.com/cnn/videos/10154665093861509/

Proof that Hillary Clinton isn't a real New Yorker.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:03 PM   #358
Blue Crack Addict

I'm basically split on Sanders/Clinton at this point, but I find the Clinton supporters to be way more irritating than the Sanders supporters. Again, I think there's a bit of a split with Facebook vs. Twitter audiences, so my experience is probably different than a lot of people here.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:23 PM   #359
ONE
love, blood, life

I'd say I have the same feelings, particularly with the Clinton audience that I have to watch on my Facebook. If one more person says "yaaaas" I might explode.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:27 PM   #360
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
I'm basically split on Sanders/Clinton at this point, but I find the Clinton supporters to be way more irritating than the Sanders supporters. Again, I think there's a bit of a split with Facebook vs. Twitter audiences, so my experience is probably different than a lot of people here.
Wow. I've never once heard that. Having been a bernie guy for months and switching to HRC, and being active on FB and Twitter, I've seen both sides, AND have been actively hit from both sides.
I can attest to the fact that Bernie people seem to just spew piles of vileness compared to most HRC people.
99% of Hillary people will admit that HRC isn't perfect, and would vote for Bernie if he's the nom.
I'd say a good 30% of Bernie posts i see are a long list of GOP smears against Clinton followed by, I will never vote for the corporate shill, Killary!!

Ugh.. I'm not sure where you are frequenting on social media, but thank god you are shielded from the onslaught that i see.