2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I like how you consistently act as if it's the not voting for Hillary is the reason we call you out on your sexism. You are not sexist because you're not voting Hillary, no one ever even implied that. Your posts are viewed as sexist because they are filled with sexism, has nothing to do with Hillary.

Well, I'm all ears for examples. There's certainly examples of me being called out as sexist, usually quoting posts of mine that don't even remotely reference gender.

Face it, according to you, any slam on Hillary must be a slam from a woman-hater who is also racist because a lot of non-whites voted for her. Quit acting like you get to be the arbiter that decides all of this shit when your own candidate refers to blacks as "super predators" (along with the constant race baiting of her 2008 campaign) and the fake planned parenthood videos as "disturbing"...the only marginalized and scorned member of society that she wants to truly help is Hillary Clinton.

Well, I'm all ears for examples. There's certainly examples of me being called out as sexist, usually quoting posts of mine that don't even remotely reference gender.

Face it, according to you, any slam on Hillary must be a slam from a woman-hater who is also racist because a lot of non-whites voted for her.

No, you can deflect all you want but this has nothing to do with Hillary. I've pointed them out and you chose to deflect then as well, but most had to do with saying women couldn't think for themselves or speaking for the motivation of women without any quote or hint as to what they are thinking.

the only marginalized and scorned member of society that she wants to truly help is Hillary Clinton.

Her long record of public service suggests otherwise. The many individuals the DNC has brought up this week would beg to differ with your assessment as well.

Oh, also? This is the sexism we're talking about. How you presume to know what motivates her, even though you clearly have no personal insight into her life.

I just don't understand how Hilary could possibly focus on the job as President when she also needs to focus on cooking and cleaning. That's the one advantage of having male Presidents as they haven't had to focus on those items in addition to a very stressful job.

Oh, also? This is the sexism we're talking about. How you presume to know what motivates her, even though you clearly have no personal insight into her life.

By this logic, nobody can then speculate on the motives of someone running for office. But to call me sexist because I'm assuming what Clinton would do in office or what drives her is completely preposterous.

but most had to do with saying women couldn't think for themselves or speaking for the motivation of women without any quote or hint as to what they are thinking.

Nope. Never recall saying anything like that in these threads, especially since women (and young women for that matter) were hardly running to the polls to vote for Clinton in droves, thus giving me nothing to gripe about.

Plus, the only group anybody had evidence of where her being female played a big role in getting support was with older white women, a group that likely would have voted for her anyway given her history with the party and that Clinton voters skew older in the first place...to everybody else on the left, it's a non-issue in 2016.

Her long record of public service suggests otherwise. The many individuals the DNC has brought up this week would beg to differ with your assessment as well.

I don't follow you either on the sexism stuff.

When I vote or decline to vote for any candidate I have some knowledge on, I presume to have an idea of what motivates the person. It's just part of the total package.

And how many of us have personal insights into any major candidates' lives ? :scratch:

By this logic, nobody can then speculate on the motives of someone running for office. But to call me sexist because I'm assuming what Clinton would do in office or what drives her is completely preposterous.

Taken in isolation, sure, I could see how that sounds unfair. But it's not as if you haven't been posting here for some time.

Anyway, what a beautiful speech. What a fantastic man, in many ways too good a man to be president (I remain convinced our best and brightest would never run for office for the most part). I cried at the end, because it seemed like the end of an era of class, civility, respect. How can even the most ardent Trump fan not be embarrassed by his lack of class compared to Obama? How can we even begin to imagine the disgusting, classless, offensive creature that he is occupying that role? Spewing nonsense from the pulpit? Policies aside, I actually think anyone who thinks Trump's temperament is at all acceptable should feel deeply ashamed. We are all better than this.

So, so true.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

known Atheists

dgfhfcfv_zps7b035540.gif

Do we have a majority of atheists in this thread? I know it's a U2 forum and all, but it's also a band that attracts more intellectually minded people...hell, at one of the recent San Jose shows, I recall Bono trying to get Atheists into what he was calling for after he realized his spiritual calls were falling flat with a lot of the audience (probably isn't a bigger Atheist enclave then around here given the IQs and the industries).

Nope. Never recall saying anything like that in these threads,

Women voting for Clinton were not voting for the issues, but just because she was a woman.

Adele is only popular because she's fat and women need something to relate to, it has nothing to do with her being talented.

Now place this in context of repeated comments like this and others over and over...

A thread devoted to religion in here might be kinda fun.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

At one point that was basically all it was. You could have named the forum "Jesus: Yea or Nay?"

Sanders supporters would be less religious than Clinton ones in here as I'm assuming Clinton supporters are more socially conservative and want to support someone that came out way late in supporting gay rights issues.

Sanders supporters would be less religious than Clinton ones in here as I'm assuming Clinton supporters are more socially conservative and want to support someone that came out way late in supporting gay rights issues.

Yeah, no. We're not gonna do this 'atheists are smarter than religious people/Sanders supporters are smarter than Clinton supporters' thing.

Move on.

Tim Kaine, folks ?

*Points to self* Not religious. Socially liberal. Liked Sanders, too, but am most definitely voting for Clinton in November.

Try again.

Yeah, no. We're not gonna do this 'atheists are smarter than religious people/Sanders supporters are smarter than Clinton supporters' thing.

Move on.

Atheists skew younger and the younger skew Sanders. Atheists have higher IQs given the information we have out there. Argument over. :up:

Tim Kaine, folks ?

Exactly. Clinton was appeasing her conservative base in the party, the same group that helped her win the primaries, including black voters who are the most against same sex marriage of any ethnic group.

Atheists skew younger and the younger skew Sanders. Atheists have higher IQs given the information we have out there. Argument over. :up:

Is there any chance that you might move on?

I mean, I appreciate why people got behind Sanders. In terms of big ideas, I probably felt more emotionally drawn to him, though for practical reasons would vote for Hillary. But there are plenty of reasons to like Bernie, both on a personal and political level. I wish that a movement like his got more traction because there are a lot of hard truths there.

And maybe the country will shift that way someday. But that will not be tomorrow or this November. Don't vote for Hillary if you don't want to - I really don't like people telling other people to vote for x to stop y. Everyone should do what their conscience dictates, period, end of story. But for heaven's sake if that's your protest vote - to not vote or to vote for a Jill Stein - so be it. Why continue to harp on something that you can't change? It's like the definition of insanity.

For the love of all that is good, STOP.

Also, regarding the discussion about Clinton's history of support of gay rights...remember how Obama wasn't fully on board with same-sex marriage when he ran in 2008?

And yet, what got legalized - nationwide, no less - on his watch last year...:hmm:?

I know it's a U2 forum and all, but it's also a band that attracts more intellectually minded people...

Yes, we are here. I can imagine you being a bit hesitant to converse with us. But don't worry, we're quite OK. :) So, is there anything you want to ask the more intellectually minded people? You know, just so you might educate yourself.
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom