2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. The idea that you cannot compromise, that anyone who is not 100% in your camp is not a true liberal, is not only narcisistic, but also unprogressive. It can be traced back to the undemocratic left and its modern versions (see: Chavez, Hugo).

it's really too bad when progressivism becomes narcissism.

i'd really not like Trump to appoint 2-3 justices and then, somehow, i'm suddenly not married anymore.

But the emails!!!!11111

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But the emails!!!!11111

actually, according to a few people i know, if Trump is elected, it's Hillary's fault.

1. Bernie should have won
2. Bernie would have won if not for the DNC treachery
3. Bernie polls higher than Trump
4. if everyone had just listened to/voted for Bernie he would be up by 10 points
5. if Trump wins, whether or not Bernie folks vote, it's Hillary's fault, because Bernie should have won
6. Bernie would have won if not for Debbie Wasserman Schultz
7. and if they had more debates
8. and if there weren't shenanigans in New York
9. and rigged voting machines in California
10. and people were fooled by the Super Delegates who rigged the system
11. the system was rigged, deMOCKracy
12. democracy is dead because of Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and because you refused to negate the 4m votes Hillary won by to give yourself a better chance of beating Trump with Bernie, because that's how democracy works
13. i am not an entitled and spoiled white child because as a progressive i cannot be entitled nor spoiled nor white
14. if people would have listened to Bernie instead of Hillary Bernie would have won
15. 4m people were lied to by Debbie Wasserman Schultz

This reminds me of a fb post I had of how Hollywood will ruin Indy V.

Hollywood is a mess with too many sequels, prequels, reboots. With that in mind here is my idea for a new movie that will ruin 3 movie universes in an awesome hot mess.

Indiana Jones joins a beautiful meteorologist Mary Harding (Grandmother of Bill Harding . . . famed tornado chaser in Twister) on the plains of 1930s Kansas. They are in pursuit of a team of Nazi Scientists looking to study and weaponize Tornados in preparation for the domination of Europe. Their chase of a massive tornado leads both heroes and villains to take shelter at the Gale farmhouse where a young Dorothy tries to help them, but they are all swept away to the land of Oz. The rag tag bunch must trek to the Emerald City. The Nazis are eventually carried away by flying monkeys as Indy tells the heroes to close their eyes. The witch is defeated and Dorothy's shoes end up in a crate in a government warehouse as they are the secret to tornado formation.

Coming summer 2018

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Supreme Court picks?
can anyone believe that Romney Ted Cruz and the Bushes want more Ruth Bader Ginsburg,
It appears they do

So anyways I was away from the radio and the computer this morning.
when I came in here and read the hysterical posts I thought Trump lost his mind in that news conference so I did go and watch it and I do have to say, that it was very good.
so sorry to say but I do think if anybody really gives it a chance. it will sway a few more Swing Votes.

actually, according to a few people i know, if Trump is elected, it's Hillary's fault.

4. if everyone had just listened to/voted for Bernie he would be up by 10 points
5. if Trump wins, whether or not Bernie folks vote, it's Hillary's fault, because Bernie should have won
12. democracy is dead because of Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and because you refused to negate the 4m votes Hillary won by to give yourself a better chance of beating Trump with Bernie, because that's how democracy works
13. i am not an entitled and spoiled white child because as a progressive i cannot be entitled nor spoiled nor white
14. if people would have listened to Bernie instead of Hillary Bernie would have won

mostly truth.

hey what happened to all the sexy <> posts ?

<>

Bernie is thy Savior.

i'd really not like Trump to appoint 2-3 justices and then, somehow, i'm suddenly not married anymore.

And he's got a vice president who supports gay conversion therapy to boot.

I don't really care if you like her or not. I just care that you hold your nose and vote for her. You and your ilk talk like you actually want Trump to win, and I'm sorry, but there is no way, none, to be logically consistent while claiming both to be a progressive and to be ok with Trump winning.

Those of you who take that position are basically saying, overhauling the entire political system as soon as possible is more important than any of the many people whose lives will be tangibly and demonstrably made worse by a Trump presidency.

How, you ask, would peoples' lives be made worse under Trump? It should be obvious but it seems like you need to be told.

The House has voted to repeal the Obamacare many times, and voted to pass many other pieces of legislation that would either defund or otherwise limit Obamacare, and now they'd finally have a president who would be willing to sign those bills. Tens of thousands of people would stand to lose their healthcare, many of whom could die without it.

There's already one SCOTUS seat to fill and their could be at least one more to fill in the next presidency, and if both seats are filled with the conservative justices Trump would be likely to nominate, Roe v Wade would be in danger of being overturned, Citizens United would likely not be overturned(seems like this would upset you, given you're a progressive and progressives hate CU), the court could reverse the decisions on gay marriage, etc etc.

He'll probably undo every executive order Obama ever signed about immigration within 24 hours of taking office, and he'll try to deport millions of illegal immigrants. Oh, he may not be successful, since it's a ridiculous proposal, but you can bet at least a small fraction of those people(which is a lot of people) will be successfully deported. To say nothing of all the young people that will stand to be deported due to the executive order about dreamers not existing anymore, and of all the parents of dreamers who could be deported since that executive order won't exist anymore either. Families being torn apart.

His 'fuck the world' attitude on foreign policy will no doubt make us even more hated by those who hate us already, make us an even bigger target of terrorism than we already are, and lower our international standing and the degree to which other countries - namely our allies - trust us. Thus making the country more dangerous for all of us.

Etc etc.

Whatever, I'm talking to a wall here, unlikely you're going to change your mind.

Thank. You.

There has to be something illegal about someone who is receiving classified intel from the government asking a foreign body to commit espionage on a United States citizen.

#lockhimup

#seewhatididthere?

:lol:

When I heard that earlier today... my mouth just hung open for a few seconds.

Then, my next thought was ....wait . ....isn't kind of illegal!?!??!

holy shite ! :ohmy: :crack:

I'm partly convinced that the ridiculous length of the campaign is actually intended to grind down the population, and get this sort of sentiment.

You know, I honestly don't think that's too out there a theory.

When will they start believing in ignorance conversion?

Or asshole conversion?

I might be able to get behind a platform like that.

Ha. Amen to that.

Looking at FiveThirtyEight just now. In their polling averages, Gary Johnson has the following percentages:

5.4% Florida

7.5% Ohio

9% Pennsylvania

7% Iowa

7.3% Nevada

10% New Hampshire

People voting for him could flip this election.

So infuriating.

Dan Savage was exactly right, it's grand-standing. Selfish candidates who have no chance to win but run anyway because they want the attention and who could end up taking just enough of the vote to swing an election.

DO NOT VOTE THIRD PARTY.

Having more than two parties to choose from would be great, but this is not how you do it.

So glad Bloomberg didn't run, or we(Democrats) might be totally screwed right about now.

Wouldn't Gary Johnson be most likely to take away votes from Trump? So what's the problem here?

Last edited:
Thank you, namcuR. :up:

Let me add privatising Social Security, probably cutting Medicare, possibly
getting rid of Medicaid all together, cutiing food stamps further.

Let"s remember the poor, the disabled, poorer elders etc. They along with people of color, the big majority of moderate muslims will be the first to get effected by his and (many) Rightwing Republicans horrific policies.

Wouldn't Gary Johnson be most likely to take away votes from Trump? So what's the problem here?

The majority of polls that I've looked at show Hillary's chances shrinking with the inclusion of third party options, though that also includes Jill Stein.

I can't wait to hear "The Comedian In Chief" President Obama has such great timing with his dry wit, and other humour styles. Besides his intellectual seriousness which I love, he can be reaaaally funny. So I hope he peppers his speech with humour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom