2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michelle's line about watching her black daughters playing with their dogs on the lawn of a house build by slaves took my breath away.

Both parties are really reaping what they've sown this year. The result is one candidate that is lackluster and another who is a downright disaster.

nope.

Ralph Nader gave us:

1. The Iraq War
2. Dick Cheney
3. Alito and Roberts
4. Citizens United
5. torture

whatever fresh hell awaits us will be your fault if Trump wins.

That was Bush. Bush was President.

I mean, if the party members really cared about beating Trump, they wouldn't have nominated Clinton over Sanders.

Pretty much this. And to tie it to another thread in this conversation, feelings have overtaken facts.

While Hillary is no saint, she's no where close to the most evil, corrupt, most murderous, candidate in the history of the world.

When we replace logic and reason with feelings, then we get Donald Trump for president

Same argument over and over for Clinton. "But we must stop Trump!" "But we have to stop Trump!"

If you cared about beating the Republican candidate, you wouldn't have nominated someone so disliked by the rest of the American population. It was pointed out time and again, reiterated in poll after poll from heads-up matchups to trustworthiness to likability. But none of that mattered because it was her turn, goddammit! :doh:

This will go down as the ultimate entitlement election. Two exceedingly rich and famous people thinking they are entitled to the Presidency.

GettyImages-141671829-crying-baby.jpg

Well, I like to actually make sure there isn't going to be a Trump Presidency and the morons fucked everything up. That's well worth whining over.

Same argument over and over for Clinton. "But we must stop Trump!" "But we have to stop Trump!"

If you cared about beating the Republican candidate, you wouldn't have nominated someone so disliked by the rest of the American population. It was pointed out time and again, reiterated in poll after poll from heads-up matchups to trustworthiness to likability. But none of that mattered because it was her turn, goddammit! :doh:

This will go down as the ultimate entitlement election. Two exceedingly rich and famous people thinking they are entitled to the Presidency.

Bernie lost. It wasn't close. It never was. You can pull out your casual racism to explain, but the fact is that she was the overwhelming choice of Democratic primary voters.

Nader and his ridiculous voters made him president.

Nope. Bush's voters got him elected by getting him enough votes to win enough states to get to 270 electoral votes. I guess you don't understand how elections work.

Well, I like to actually make sure there isn't going to be a Trump Presidency and the morons fucked everything up. That's well worth whining over.

Then you'll be voting for Hillary and D's all down the ticket. And in off year elections. Good to hear.

It's what Bernie wants you to do.

Nope. Bush's voters got him elected by getting him enough votes to win enough states to get to 270 electoral votes. I guess you don't understand how elections work.

Except that Gore won the popular vote and it was Nader voters who took votes from Gore in critical Florida.

You'll also note that Sanders endorsed Gore in 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom