2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lord...one of those polls had almost 3500 respondents and Trump up by two. Ugh.

Good lord...one of those polls had almost 3500 respondents and Trump up by two. Ugh.

Ask yourself something: who is more likely to sit through an automated call the day after Trump's convention speech?

RCP electoral map hasn't changed much, this is the problem with clinging to the polls; they are going to ebb and flow. This week's polling tells you nothing except one candidate had more coverage than the other :shrug:

This is a bounce + the polls have been trending heavily towards Trump since the Comey dressing down. He's chopped down her lead in many polls where she was up double digits.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

amazing that the DNC is trying to paint this as a Russian thing? did the Russians make fake emails, like the real emails had DNC employees talking about making fake ads for Trump, the emails are the emails, regardless of who may or may not have got them first. Is it a crime, only if you are supposed to be a national party running a non bias primary system. And when you claimed to be that and lied, it matters.

And now we have the FBI, circling the wagons around Hillary, starting an investigation right now. Where was the urgency when the real email scandal happened? So worried about something like this, but dismissive when the Russians penetrated the Sec of States private server that was hacked??

It only matters when something bad happens to Hillary, when she does something bad they manipulate and contort themselves into saying something like we have no hard evidence that she intended to harm the US.

Should every negligent parent, doctor, or police officer get that benefit.

There's definitely going to be a lot of could-have-been second guessing on both sides as they went with the most inferior candidates they could have tossed out there. Rubio without the robot malfunction probably would be schooling Clinton now and we all know Bernie would be beating Trump by a landslide.

Here's how to interpret the new polls showing Donald Trump ahead of Hillary Clinton - Vox

"And one thing their data from 1952 to 2008 clearly shows, according to Wang, is that head-to-head polls from January through April tend to be better predictors of the eventual winner than polls from May through July"

Hmm...and who was schooling Republicans big time in head-to-head polls earlier this year? :hmm:

Choose an inferior candidate and rig everything for her coronation and get an inferior result. Logic.

amazing that the DNC is trying to paint this as a Russian thing?

No, it's not. With her no-fly zone crap, we all know Clinton will do whatever she can to provoke Russia. Zero tact.

as a defense or deflect, should it even matter??

the left had no problem with all the wikileaks and their sources when they liked them, a leak is either true or not

evidently, Sanders was just booed by his own people.

Bernie Sanders Booed by His Own Supporters Ahead of Democratic National Convention - ABC News

you started this brush fire, Bernie. contain your bros.

Bernie like Cruz had a choice to make, the best choice was a luke-warm endorsement, like Rubio
not a spit in the face Cruz style speech or a sell your once pure soul full-throated enforcement

But Bernie sells out, and now some will have to consider one that will not sell out and one (two) that have not already sold out
Elizabeth Warren damages her reputation sucking up to Corporatists, Globalists and Goldman Sach bought and paid for puppets

Last edited:
just watching the news
a Clinton spokesperson said the real story here is that the Russians may have come in here and tried to manipulate the outcome of our electoral process,
then the newswoman asked him if it not important that the DNC was trying to manipulate the electoral process, his answer was, not really, lets talk about the Russians

there you have it

With all this excitement about leaked emails and conspiracies, it's sometimes to hard to remember that, Clinton outperformed Sanders in the popular vote as well as pledged delegates.

Unless you'd like to make the claim that the popular votes were rigged as well.

With all this excitement about leaked emails and conspiracies, it's sometimes to hard to remember that, Clinton outperformed Sanders in the popular vote as well as pledged delegates.

I heard that UFO's beamed in aliens to brainwash Bernie supporters right before going in to vote.

Without the aliens, Bernie had this in the bag.

And the other thing that seems to fail everyone asking questions to DNC people, and DNC people answering is that this was about 5 or 6 emails out of thousands, or 10's of thousands, and it was a few people that put forward some shady things, but they were never acted on. So it tells me that, yes, there will be some nonsense that happens along the way, but the DNC itself never actually DID any of the things that were mentioned.
Yet this is somehow proof that the whole thing was rigged from the start? So infuriating.

Thank you for posting that, because you can see just how ridiculous this all is.
Again, no proposition that was floated was ever actually acted upon.

Second, Jeff Weaver is kind of an asshole. I yelled it at my TV many times. :)
That shows not "conspiracy"

Third, i do think that the Sanders campaign was probably a bit of a mess, in contrast to Clinton's. I don't see how stating this means anything.

And the Sanders not being a Democrat thing. Well... He wasn't. And he stole info from Clinton servers. Then sued the DNC about it. And would give very coy answers in the press when asked if he was reallly a Democrat...
I could see a political committee, committed to electing Democrats, would find this troubling.

And the other thing that seems to fail everyone asking questions to DNC people, and DNC people answering is that this was about 5 or 6 emails out of thousands, or 10's of thousands, and it was a few people that put forward some shady things, but they were never acted on. So it tells me that, yes, there will be some nonsense that happens along the way, but the DNC itself never actually DID any of the things that were mentioned.
Yet this is somehow proof that the whole thing was rigged from the start? So infuriating.
We are beyond the looking glass now. Truth, facts and what actually happened don't matter anymore.

We are beyond the looking glass now. Truth, facts and what actually happened don't matter anymore.

we are indeed living in a post-truth era. John Oliver showed an interview with Gingrich where they are showing him the FBI crime stats and how they are declining. He said, well, thats not true to the American people. The truth is how they feel about it. And I'll take feelings over statistics any day...

yep...

He said, well, thats not true to the American people. The truth is how they feel about it. And I'll take feelings over statistics any day...

yep...

Well someone's doing the raping...

This ^ is the only way the Republicans stay alive in its current form. Throw enough shit on the wall, see what sticks, and then once the Republicans are in the WH they then can point to facts and say "see? What we're doing is working." Regardless of the fact they were already going down.

We love the poorly educated.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

And now we have the FBI, circling the wagons around Hillary, starting an investigation right now. Where was the urgency when the real email scandal happened? So worried about something like this, but dismissive when the Russians penetrated the Sec of States private server that was hacked??

Interesting take. Not sure the FBI was dismissive, but I do think the FBI director made a calculated decision much like Chief Justice Roberts did on the 'Affordable' Care Act ruling.

( Dismissive, manipulating, and contorting might describe some longtime Mrs. Clinton diehards, though. Or DWS, for that matter :cute: )

I can't believe I'm hearing this third candidate, voting my conscience crap again. Have people forgotten about 2000? Do those 100,000 Nader supporters in Florida feel better about their conscience today? I mean, the only consequences were a spectacular failure of a war and the biggest economic crisis in a generation, but sure, feel good about challenging the two-party system by all means.

because dws stepping down isn't a big deal, and neither is her immediately being hired by hrc. if this were a non-issue, the dnc would dig their heels in and dws would still be giving her speech this week instead of having every single public appearance cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom