2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI - Page 60 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2016, 01:52 AM   #886
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:00 AM
bono_212 & namkcuR

Old 08-05-2016, 10:18 AM   #887
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Oh man. I forgot about all that extra money I have laying around. Maybe I will go to a few extra concerts this summer after all

Sent from my SM-G935T using U2 Interference mobile app
I'm annoyed he didn't remind me of my extra money last week. I could've gotten GA tickets for Radiohead off Stubhub.

Old 08-05-2016, 10:26 AM   #888
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:00 AM
I'm really glad that Bernie didn't win the nomination. I was able to buy a new iPad Pro with confidence yesterday.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:51 PM   #889
Blue Crack Supplier

oh, look. a poll that has Hillz up by 4.

in Georgia.

Poll: Clinton leads Trump in Georgia - POLITICO
Old 08-05-2016, 01:53 PM   #890
ONE
love, blood, life

Clumpton Conspiracy 2016
Old 08-05-2016, 02:04 PM   #891
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
oh, look. a poll that has Hillz up by 4.

in Georgia.

Poll: Clinton leads Trump in Georgia - POLITICO

Bernie would be up by 400 points!!! God damn it!!! We picked the wrong one!!!!

Here's a interesting story, one I think we've touched on a few times in here and other discussions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...856_story.html

I don't think it's limited to just Trump supporters, but more so towards our nation as a whole. Example: 30%+ of our population believe vaccines cause autism despite not a shred of evidence saying so.

At some point I feel a shift has occurred where our feelings seem to matter more than fact. It's a difficult thing to accept something you believed your whole life to be false, but that's where some humility and compassion come in. To get perspective, analyze, and make informed decisions based on the best information available.

Instead we plug our ears and say LALALALALALLALALALA....lady with a spinning head

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 08-05-2016, 02:23 PM   #892
Blue Crack Addict

The best part of all of this is that Trump defeated 15 GOP candidates to get to this point.

Think on that for a bit.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:46 PM   #893
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:00 AM
He beat them at their own game. You could really see the frustration on Jeb!

I think he took more shit from Trump than anyone else, and was completely powerless to do anything about it.

This is what you get when you value bullshit over everything else.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:50 PM   #894
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

The problem is that GOP candidates couldn't really criticize Trump too strongly because they depended on the same base voters. As it turns out, you can't win a general election appealing only to non-college educated white voters.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:06 PM   #895
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
The best part of all of this is that Trump defeated 15 GOP candidates to get to this point.

Think on that for a bit.
Quit posting lies in here! There were 16, Jim Gilmore counts!
Old 08-05-2016, 03:15 PM   #896
Blue Crack Supplier

ironically, the beginning of the end of the GOP actually began in 1992 at the GOP Convention when Pat Buchanan gave this famous speech, that critically included these now infamous lines:

Quote:
Mr Clinton, however, has a different agenda.

At its top is unrestricted abortion on demand. When the Irish-Catholic governor of Pennsylvania, Robert Casey, asked to say a few words on behalf of the 25 million unborn children destroyed since Roe v Wade, he was told there was no place for him at the podium of Bill Clinton’s convention, no room at the inn.

Yet a militant leader of the homosexual rights movement could rise at that convention and exult: “Bill Clinton and Al Gore represent the most pro-lesbian and pro-gay ticket in history.” And so they do.

Bill Clinton supports school choice–but only for state-run schools. Parents who send their children to Christian schools, or Catholic schools, need not apply.

Elect me, and you get two for the price of one, Mr Clinton says of his lawyer-spouse. And what does Hillary believe? Well, Hillary believes that 12-year-olds should have a right to sue their parents, and she has compared marriage as an institution to slavery–and life on an Indian reservation.

Well, speak for yourself, Hillary.

Friends, this is radical feminism. The agenda Clinton & Clinton would impose on America–abortion on demand, a litmus test for the Supreme Court, homosexual rights, discrimination against religious schools, women in combat–that’s change, all right. But it is not the kind of change America wants. It is not the kind of change America needs. And it is not the kind of change we can tolerate in a nation that we still call God’s country.
such conservative cultural viewpoints don't easily mesh with supply-side economics, and it was only a matter of time before the two became incompatible. the supply-siders held on for more than 20 years. Palin was a foreshadow, Trump is now the monster turning on itself.

something new will come out of this, and who knows, since we all make $250k a year, we might vote for the new incarnation of the politcal party of the supply siders
Old 08-05-2016, 03:23 PM   #897
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Republicans haven't done themselves any favors in order to win over the rest of the country over the past few decades, but I feel there's clearly a conservative trend that peaked in the 80s and then continued to falter as their constituents died off. Where we're at now was inevitable and it's only going to continue being a less favorable environment for their brand of politics.

The way I see it, Americans haven't necessarily shifted their stances on war or gay marriage over the last couple decades. It's mostly just been due to old, white and conservative people dying off and being replaced by young adults with a much different worldview. That can lead to much wider swings than you think over the course of ten to twenty years.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:25 PM   #898
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

such conservative cultural viewpoints don't easily mesh with supply-side economics, and it was only a matter of time before the two became incompatible. the supply-siders held on for more than 20 years. Palin was a foreshadow, Trump is now the monster turning on itself.
Bingo. They were willing to make side deals with people whose views are ultimately incompatible with their goals. In some ways, the world is doing the supply-siders a favour by offering up Hillary Clinton as the alternative because truly she is not that offensive to them. These people would have been in a real pickle if a far more leftist candidate was heading the Democrats into the election.

Also as an aside, the Palin --> Trump evolution strikes me as a good example of how sexism still runs rampant in politics. Think about the treatment she (deservedly) received from the media and most thinking people. She was ridiculed daily for her lack of knowledge, her prideful ignorance, not reading books, making idiotic statements, her run-on sentences were turned into songs, she was called Caribou Barbie - among other things. Yes, we all think the Orange one knows nothing and is a terrifying prospect and yet the media still treats him with a degree of deference as if he is a real, legitimate candidate. Sarah Palin was equally as ignorant and probably half as hateful, spiteful and dangerous, and took a hell of a lot more flak for it.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:41 PM   #899
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Also as an aside, the Palin --> Trump evolution strikes me as a good example of how sexism still runs rampant in politics. Think about the treatment she (deservedly) received from the media and most thinking people. She was ridiculed daily for her lack of knowledge, her prideful ignorance, not reading books, making idiotic statements, her run-on sentences were turned into songs, she was called Caribou Barbie - among other things. Yes, we all think the Orange one knows nothing and is a terrifying prospect and yet the media still treats him with a degree of deference as if he is a real, legitimate candidate. Sarah Palin was equally as ignorant and probably half as hateful, spiteful and dangerous, and took a hell of a lot more flak for it.
Yup. I talked about the Palin/Trump double standard a couple of weeks ago, and it's an incredibly under-reported story of sexism, mostly because Palin is awful too. While Trump gets the unprepared/temperamental label, he's not been called out for his flat-out ignorance, laziness, lack of reading or poor intellect. His knowledge of the world is basically the same as Palin's, which should be even more damning, as the guy had the opportunity to travel/interact with foreigners/grow up in a cosmopolitan city.
Old 08-05-2016, 04:16 PM   #900
She's the One

Local Time: 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Bernie would be up by 400 points!!! God damn it!!! We picked the wrong one!!!!
The primaries were rigged!1111!1!!!!1

Just like the general election will be!!!!!!111

Oh wait. Bernie's followers and Trump followers saying the same thing?

I thought it was Clinton and Trump who were identical. Now I'm confused.