2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI - Page 52 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2016, 02:18 PM   #766
She's the One

Local Time: 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Imagine... a presidential wedding. Unprecedented, I believe!
Cleveland did it, but how many presidents married their fourth wives whilst president?

Old 08-02-2016, 03:23 PM   #767
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Mean President Obama hurt wittle Trump's feelings.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:53 PM   #768
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:10 AM
And now he refuses to endorse Ryan.

Paul Ryan's likely statement: "this doesn't represent the GOP. But I still stand with him".
Old 08-02-2016, 04:21 PM   #769
Blue Crack Addict

There's a part of me that actually feels a bit bad for longtime members of the GOP. I mean, what do they do? Not that I really feel that bad though.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:33 PM   #770
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

The GOP is screwed. Because Obama has told them to un-endorse, now they can't do it.

Also, if Ryan and McCain do it they look petty since Trump has now publicly said he doesn't support them.

Somewhere in a dark basement, Ted Cruz laughs. Then gets back to dismembering his latest victim.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:33 PM   #771
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
There's a part of me that actually feels a bit bad for longtime members of the GOP. I mean, what do they do? Not that I really feel that bad though.
They did it to themselves though. Demanding their very own media so that they can turn a blind eye, fully embracing the denying of science full on, they no longer encouraged the intelligent conservative and no one stood up or spoke out. So they got this; a fucking child in a 10,000 dollar suit.

The Democrats aren't immune to this either. I see certain traps that if they're not careful may snowball into a downfall if they don't catch themselves.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:34 PM   #772
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
Somewhere in a dark basement, Ted Cruz laughs. Then gets back to dismembering his latest victim.
OMG. I might need to use your permission to post this on FB sometime
Old 08-02-2016, 04:37 PM   #773
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Go for it.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:47 PM   #774
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
No multi-quote function on my tablet
then please read the entire thread and address every post you want to address that way, in one single post. constantly posting multiple posts in a row is essentially spamming.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:41 PM   #775
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped out of the race before the elections, while claiming that it's all rigged.
Oh, please, can this happen? Pretty please? *Clasps hands hopefully*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
They did it to themselves though. Demanding their very own media so that they can turn a blind eye, fully embracing the denying of science full on, they no longer encouraged the intelligent conservative and no one stood up or spoke out. So they got this; a fucking child in a 10,000 dollar suit.
Yep. I do believe some of the more "old-school" Republicans are speaking out because they genuinely are embarrassed at what the party's become both with Trump and in recent years in general.

But a lot of those who "speak out" now are doing so only because they're unhappy with how Trump has blatantly exposed so many of their party's worst qualities so openly, and they're trying to shush him to attempt to save their own skins. All the racist, xenophobic, sexist stuff they tried to hide for so long or brush off as nothing, well, they can't exactly hide it anymore, or ignore it.

And they keep doubling down on far right policies to boot, despite the fact that they've been continuing to lose a lot of potential voting blocs because of those policies. Clearly they have no interest in learning from their mistakes/screw ups, for whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
The Democrats aren't immune to this either. I see certain traps that if they're not careful may snowball into a downfall if they don't catch themselves.
Agreed on this, too. I've always said that the Democrats should never get so cocky as to think they've got elections and support in the bag whenever the GOP fucks something up, and I especially hope they don't do that here.

Quote:
The GOP is screwed. Because Obama has told them to un-endorse, now they can't do it.

Also, if Ryan and McCain do it they look petty since Trump has now publicly said he doesn't support them.
I saw that Governor Branstad and Senator Grassley from my state gave very carefully worded statements today on Trump's recent comments over the whole Khan thing that were a perfect example of, "I have to word this in a way that doesn't piss off my Republican base/Trump supporters". They basically said that Trump's comments were a "mistake" and that they did not agree with his statements, but they preferred Trump and the party keep its focus on battling Hilary instead.

Quote:
It's bad that I laughed at this, isn't it ?
Old 08-02-2016, 06:31 PM   #776
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
then please read the entire thread and address every post you want to address that way, in one single post. constantly posting multiple posts in a row is essentially spamming.
Not to mention the fact the multi-quote function is not platform-specific. It's there whether you access the web version of Interference or use the app. It's a feature of the site, not of particular devices.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2016, 06:34 PM   #777
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:10 AM
yea, i think she just needs someone to teach her how to use it.

dbl, send me a PM and let me know if you're using an iphone/ipad or android and i'll send you the instructions.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:58 PM   #778
Blue Crack Supplier

DG!
Old 08-02-2016, 07:07 PM   #779
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
yea, i think she just needs someone to teach her how to use it.

dbl, send me a PM and let me know if you're using an iphone/ipad or android and i'll send you the instructions.
Oh, I've used the multi-quote feature on a full computer for years here, but on my tablet the multi-quote button option doesn't appear. Will clear some space in my PM box. Thanks!

Oh, wait.... Gonna try something .... nope. That I was mussing something

OK will PM you

And sorry, KR

Dave PC
Wow... Just sent you message, nothing popped up in folder so I guess that's the receive file. Nothing on drop menu for sent file. Very weird!
Old 08-02-2016, 07:39 PM   #780
45:33

Local Time: 09:10 PM
who the fuck eats KFC with a knife and fork? wtf?