2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2016, 07:33 PM   #556
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Do you know what they call this? Shit throwing; you're throwing shit on the wall and see if anything sticks.

Do you know what that means if you have to resort to this type of argument? You're a monkey or you have no argument or both.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Don't be calling people monkeys. I think Diamond identifies as a Homo Sapiens.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:53 PM   #557
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:34 AM
I don't think I've ever said a thing on this forum, ever, that warranted a page and a half of people requoting me. I doubt Brother Diamond is that interesting.

Old 07-28-2016, 08:22 PM   #558
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:34 PM
2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI

That speech by Khzir Khan - the Muslim American father of the soldier in Iraq - really hit me hard. Most powerful moment of the DNC.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:18 PM   #559
Blue Crack Distributor

Hillary Clinton crawled through a river of shit and came out clean on the other side
Old 07-28-2016, 09:19 PM   #560
ONE
love, blood, life

Of course someone as recognizable as Morgan Freeman had to narrate the video introducing her.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:31 PM   #561
Blue Crack Distributor

Tim Kaine claps like a seal
Old 07-28-2016, 09:46 PM   #562
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Given all the discussion thus far about who's most likely to vote for whom in regards to party lines, I figured this was an appropriate article to share, as it delves deeper into some of the analysis over potential crossover voters this year.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/clinton-t...000000898.html

Quote:
On the night that Hillary Clinton accepted the Democratic nomination for president, her party featured two Republican speakers who talked about their intent to vote for Clinton this fall against Republican nominee Donald Trump.

A former White House aide to Ronald Reagan, Doug Elmets, and a health policy worker at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Jennifer Pierotti Lim, both told the convention hall of Democrats and a primetime national TV audience why they’re voting for Clinton.

Elmets said it was “a shock” to be speaking at the Democratic convention, but argued that Trump falls so far short of what’s required to be president that he felt duty bound to oppose him and support Clinton. He contrasted Trump with Reagan.

“Reagan saw nuance. Trump sees the world as us vs. them, where somebody with brown skin or a foreign-sounding name is likely to blame for our troubles,” Elmets said. “Reagan knew that a leader needs diplomacy to steer a safe, prosperous course forward. Trump is a petulant, dangerously unbalanced reality star who will coddle tyrants and alienate allies.”

“While Hillary holds many policy positions that differ from my own, her qualifications are indisputable,” he said.
Quote:
Trump, meanwhile, has been trying to pick off Democratic voters of his own, appealing to Sanders supporters repeatedly in speeches.

This election, in fact, has a high potential for crossover voting both by traditionally Republican and by traditionally Democratic voters.

One study conducted by Deep Root Analytics found that about 9 percent of the voting population in the United States were Republicans leaning toward Clinton, a total of 16.2 million people. And they also found that 14 million people, about 8 percent of American voters, were Democrats who lean toward Trump.

The average “Reluctant Republican,” as Deep Root labeled them, is often a woman, or is of upper income or highly educated, and social conservatives also make up part of this group. The average “Disaffected Democrat” is a white male, on the lower end of the income and education scale.
Quote:
Deep Root found 266,220 Republicans who might lean toward Clinton, and 205,032 Democrats who might cross over to vote for Trump, just in the Raleigh-Durham and Charlotte areas.

So far, however, Clinton has an edge among high-profile party defectors. Several well-known Republican names have endorsed her , some driven by national security concerns, others by economic issues, and all to some degree by concerns about Trump’s temperament. Trump has not received any real equivalent type of support from well-known Democrats.

Democratic pollster Geoff Garin said part of the goal for Clinton is to have her “run more strongly among Democrats than Trump does among Republicans.”

“Even in the CNN poll on Monday that had Trump ahead, 25 percent of Republicans said they would not be proud to have Trump as president, compared to 16 percent of Democrats for Clinton,” Garin told Yahoo News. “And several polls have documented that a larger share of Republicans say that Trump lacks the qualifications and temperament. If events increase the focus on these considerations, or [if] people focus more on them when it dawns on them that Trump actually could be president, there will be the potential for people to peel off of Trump — either directly to Clinton or perhaps for [Gary] Johnson,” referring to the Libertarian governor of New Mexico, who is also running for president.
The bit touching on the types of Republicans who might vote for Clinton and the types of Democrats who might vote for Trump amused me a little with its specificity (sci-fi fans ?), but I think there's some potentially telling and interesting details in this article.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:48 PM   #563
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Tim Kaine claps like a seal

I'm not sure which one I love more: Tom Kaine clapping or Tim Kaine waving a flag.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:49 PM   #564
Blue Crack Distributor

He also waves like Mr Bean
Old 07-28-2016, 10:43 PM   #565
Blue Crack Supplier

"A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man you can entrust with our nuclear codes.”

The end.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:44 PM   #566
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Yep.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:07 AM   #567
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:34 PM
This election cycle has killed Facebook for me. I can't log in at all anymore without seeing Republicans yelling at Democrats, or even worse, Bernie supporters acting like children. It's a wasteland.

Sent from my SM-G935T using U2 Interference mobile app
Old 07-29-2016, 01:46 AM   #568
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

I might (extra stress on might) have convinced my mom tonight to take a harder look at who Donald Trump really is, so I haven't totally abandoned all hope. She's firmly in the never-Clinton camp, but hasn't quite made up her mind on Trump. And luckily some of the Bernie or Busters have softened up in the last week.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:56 AM   #569
45:33

Local Time: 10:34 AM
I definitely hate the Bernie sooks the most. It's so pathetic. And so infuriating that - despite her blindingly obvious shortcomings - Trump is somehow seen as less damaging than Clinton.

I mean, part of me strongly hopes Trump wins, just because of how funny the next four years would be or until he's assassinated, but christ get the fuck over yourselves.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:58 AM   #570
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:34 PM
Where did this narrative of Hillary being a devil of some kind come from? I'm so confused whenever I see a post saying that this election is picking the lesser of two evils. I guess I'm really just not with what's going on at all right now. This is a common feeling I see on my Facebook at least 5-10 times a day it feels like: its like the choice between lex luthor vs Joker as president