2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you scroll back through the history of these threads you can find some of the Pro-Trump arguments I have made. A flawed guy . . . sure. But I align with his stances. Even bucking some of those 'so-called Conservatives' who have called him out. I think some politicians in the GOP flock are showing their true colors, by not wanting to have their own apple-carts overturned by the Trumpian uprising. Makes me realize how so many in DC have sold out the American people. The same sell-out sentiment runs in Bernie crowd (not saying they are flocking to Trump).

So you're pro racism and making shit up?

How about statistics? All the polls have a bias one way or another. Rasmussen has been decried by some in here for its right leaning bias which is true. Many lean left in sampling. This site has nailed the past 3 election margins of victory in the final week of polling.

Right now they have Trump up by 0.6% in an average of corrected polls.

https://www.longroom.com/polls/

cool story bro.

Z2qhlF7.png

If the polls keep moving in the direction they've been going, Texas will be a swing state by the end of the week. Maybe my vote will actually mean something.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If the polls keep moving in the direction they've been going, Texas will be a swing state by the end of the week. Maybe my vote will actually mean something.

I do think our state is in contention, but not this election. I think Castro might be a future player, Davis, and a few others.

Hillary's gonna be in worse shape than Generalissimo Franco by the sound of it, governing with a team of medics ready to hit her up with a shot of adrenaline at any moment. It'll be like that scene in Pulp Fiction.

Seriously, this. Clinton supporters in this thread and previous ones already HAVE discussed her faults and her issues. To death. We actually have acknowledged the problems and issues she does and will face with voters, and the issues she may face if she becomes president.

I honestly would LOVE to hear from those of you supporting Trump in this thread as to why you think he really should be the next president of the United States. Especially given all the recent controversies he's been involved in that have many on the right jumping ship and trying to distance themselves from him. That whole Khan thing did NOT go over well with many conservatives. Criticizing or diminishing the efforts of soldiers and their families is kind of a really bad thing for a presidential candidate to do. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence that they'll be there for those people when a crisis happens, or a loved one dies in battle.

Forget about Hilary for a moment. I want to see his supporters try and discuss/defend/explain away the Khan thing and other recent problems he's had, and talk specifically about Trump and Trump alone in relation to them.

I have noticed a pattern: each time someone asks what they like about Trumpeezy, the response is usually 'he says it like it is.'

And when asked if they're ok with his racism and numerous other faults, it's either 'umm uhhh... crooked Hillary!!' Or silence. As witnessed a few posts above.

Last edited:
What's the expression? Some people just want to watch the world burn?

In terms of Trump dropping out, the Olympics are really doing Hillary a huge favour. Trump should be able to not get himself into too much trouble over the next couple of weeks solely because media attention is going to be elsewhere. By the time the Olympics are over we are in the last week of August and by then realistically it is too late to get somebody else on the ballot with the general deadline being Sept 1 for many states.

look, guys, people are talking about this. i'm not saying if it's true or not, but it *is* true that people are saying things about it, and there's discussion on the internet about it as well. maybe if Trump would just release his tax returns we could have answers? why doesn't he want to release them? is it because of this? after all, if he would release them, he could stop people from talking about this. why doesn't he just do that?

Lots of very reputable people are talking and they’re saying Donald Trump donated to NAMBLA

While it might feel kind of smugly satisfying to throw someone's sleazy tactics back against him, in the end you're still using sleazy tactics.

Something about wrestling with a pig...

I don't know. This whole Trump NAMBLA thing, while kind of funny, just feels too dirty and I'm not comfortable stooping to Trump's level. Don't see the gain in this.

I don't know. This whole Trump NAMBLA thing, while kind of funny, just feels too dirty and I'm not comfortable stooping to Trump's level. Don't see the gain in this.

True, but as we've heard time and time again:

Politics is always a bloodsport and Trump is playing with a strategy not yet seen before.

So I'm sure the Trumpets are enjoying this, it's anti-establishment.

Imagine supporting Donald Trump.

I have more than a few friends who do. While they fit a stereotype of the GOP base (rural, white, guns...etc)

They are really good guys. Educated, reasonable, and good company/conversation.

They support anyone who isn't a D.C insider. They didn't like many, if any of the GOP candidates. They got swept up in the Trump speak, of the FEW times Trump made some sense and took that as full evidence that he'd be different.

My friends just don't want business as usual. They hate Clinton, but they hate Jeb! too (though different levels of hate).

Having the system come crashing down is worth it to them. In their mind, rebuilding is a chance to get it "right".

It's tunnel vision, it's narrow and simple minded. I disagree with them, and for the most part emphasize on the frustration with our government.

But to see it destroyed, and the millions, perhaps billions of lives that would be affected by a horrible, HORRIBLE foreign policy, a possible default on debt.....

It's not worth it. I do believe there can be incremental changes for the greater good with Clinton. Will all the evils of the world be solved? Not a chance. But progress, even if a little bit, is still better than none at all, and much better than going backwards.

Where the pro-gun, 2nd Amendment folk ever in danger of not voting GOP?

My friends just don't want business as usual. They hate Clinton, but they hate Jeb! too (though different levels of hate).

Having the system come crashing down is worth it to them. In their mind, rebuilding is a chance to get it "right".

what has gone so wrong in the lives of these people that they want to tear down the system and go all French Revolution on USA 2016?

what has gone so wrong in the lives of these people that they want to tear down the system and go all French Revolution on USA 2016?

My own observation, and it's quite ironic as it's been a GOP staple for a long time.

They have had very little success in life. They are middle class at best, yet yearn for the riches. They want a fair chance at glory, and while they do work hard at their jobs, there really isn't advancement. Some of them have kids as well, and they want a system that works for them.

We heard for years from the GOP that the "poors" should just lace up their bootstraps and find work. If it doesn't pay well enough, then get more education and/or find a better job.

It's also a fear of a changing dynamic. White people will no longer be a majority, and the image of the good old days will disappear with it. While I don't think my friends are overly racist (at least they have never shown more than the casual joke....), it's changing of the guard.

Not sure people are ready for that.

[TWEET]763111337497157633[/TWEET]

These are the two worst campaigns in major party history.

Yeah, no. One cherry picked tweet doesn't make that case. Hillary has had some gaffes, sure, but her campaign is running like a well oiled machine and has been for a good while now.

Yeah, no. One cherry picked tweet doesn't make that case. Hillary has had some gaffes, sure, but her campaign is running like a well oiled machine and has been for a good while now.

30 years of electioneering, a good while now.

I'm pretty sure Oregoropa's looking into the pictures and getting to the bottom of this.

Orlando Shooter's father attends Hillary rally in Kissimmee, Florida. Imagine the media meltdown if Dylan Roof's father sat behind Trump.

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1470779390.096754.jpg

Orlando Shooter's father attends Hillary rally in Kissimmee, Florida. Imagine the media meltdown if Dylan Roof's father sat behind Trump.

View attachment 10828

Doesn't Trump advocate killing the families of terrorists? Should this guy be killed, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom