2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2016, 01:47 AM   #316
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:38 AM
Jill Stein is apparently an idiot now on the level of Ben Carson? Alright then. Great discourse, guys.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:07 AM   #317
45:33

Local Time: 08:08 AM
This fucking trend of progressives trying so hard to prove how progressive they are by being anti-progressive because of some tall poppy bullshit is so infuriating.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:35 AM   #318
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:08 PM
This could end up a tie
With 269 - 269 electoral college votes each.

Electoral College Tie Combinations
Old 07-27-2016, 03:00 AM   #319
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Hoping this isn't true.
It would crush a Bernie supporter:
And Breitbart is your source, really?
Old 07-27-2016, 03:06 AM   #320
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:08 PM
Hello everyone. I'd like to start posting in FYM. It's been a while. I haven't really lurked in or posted in this part of the forum since 2008ish.

I hope everyone is being as compassionate and open and accepting as possible.

I'll start by saying that I love U2. My three favorite U2 albums in order are Achtung Baby, The Joshua Tree, and POP.

I also think that Hillary Clinton is a much better choice for President of the United States than Donald Trump and I will be voting for her in November. Thank you. One love.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:30 AM   #321
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post

You can do better.
You think so?
Old 07-27-2016, 07:41 AM   #322
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:08 PM
Quote:
Wait why is the convention hall only half ful after Hillary gets nomination -like a Philly 76ers game?

Why didn't the networks report this ?

Oh that's right The Age of Disinformation.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:26 AM   #323
Blue Crack Addict

Looking at the current state of affairs, I think it's critical that Hilary improve her favorable rating and hopefully the convention and ensuing debates achieve that.

Trump seems to have finally gotten the hint that being on better behavior will help him. His favorable rating has improved in the last month as he hasn't had any major blunders. Of course there's still time for him to say something stupid.

I just can't get over the fact that Hilary has this perception engraved in our society (even though I don't agree with it) and every poll that comes out regarding her trustworthiness is painful to look at.

I pains me to say that I think this is Trump's election to lose at this point. I really hope I'm wrong.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:54 AM   #324
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Looking at the current state of affairs, I think it's critical that Hilary improve her favorable rating and hopefully the convention and ensuing debates achieve that.

Trump seems to have finally gotten the hint that being on better behavior will help him. His favorable rating has improved in the last month as he hasn't had any major blunders. Of course there's still time for him to say something stupid.

I just can't get over the fact that Hilary has this perception engraved in our society (even though I don't agree with it) and every poll that comes out regarding her trustworthiness is painful to look at.

I pains me to say that I think this is Trump's election to lose at this point. I really hope I'm wrong.
I do think one thing that keeps getting overlooked in the polling, is just straight demographics and ground game organization.

I am skeptical that these polls are fully representative of the demographic breakdown of the electorate.

Republicans have said they need to hit about 40% Latino vote in order to win the election. Trump is polling at 14.

He is polling 0, yes 0, with African Americans in Ohio and PA.

He is trailing Clinton in college educated white voters, that Romney won fairly handily last time around.

Also, from the feeling i got last night at the convention, I do think that women are going to play a larger part in all this. Its one thing to have your reservations about Clinton because of all the lies spewed about her. But middle aged women are about the most consistent voters in the electorate, and Trump is not polling well with them. If Clinton connects with them in the next few months, its over.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:55 AM   #325
Blue Crack Addict

2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI

Old 07-27-2016, 08:55 AM   #326
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post

Don't worry, you are.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:58 AM   #327
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Wait why is the convention hall only half ful after Hillary gets nomination -like a Philly 76ers game?

Why didn't the networks report this ?

Oh that's right The Age of Disinformation.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:01 AM   #328
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
I do think one thing that keeps getting overlooked in the polling, is just straight demographics and ground game organization.

I am skeptical that these polls are fully representative of the demographic breakdown of the electorate.

Republicans have said they need to hit about 40% Latino vote in order to win the election. Trump is polling at 14.

He is polling 0, yes 0, with African Americans in Ohio and PA.

He is trailing Clinton in college educated white voters, that Romney won fairly handily last time around.

Also, from the feeling i got last night at the convention, I do think that women are going to play a larger part in all this. Its one thing to have your reservations about Clinton because of all the lies spewed about her. But middle aged women are about the most consistent voters in the electorate, and Trump is not polling well with them. If Clinton connects with them in the next few months, its over.
Yeah, all great points. The one thing that haunted Romney was the Hispanic vote, and it's obviously even worse for Trump this time around.

Part of it is personal perspective as well. I actually know 3 people in the last month that flipped to Trump (from Undecided).

Hopefully his momentum is short lived. I don't think this is going to be anywhere near the landslide for Clinton as some are suggesting based on where the polling is at right now though.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:53 AM   #329
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
You think so?
Old 07-27-2016, 10:25 AM   #330
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Not a bad example of structural gender bias (also, of poor design skills):

Hillary Clinton just won a presidential nomination. These newspapers ran front-page photos of her husband. - Vox