2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-26-2016, 03:49 AM   #226
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Mack_Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: definitely Osaka
Posts: 6,553
Local Time: 12:33 PM
‘Fear Not—She Means You No Harm,’ Says Elizabeth Warren, Revealing Docile Hillary Clinton To Crowd - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

go for it, guys
__________________

__________________
Mack_Again is online now  
Old 07-26-2016, 06:32 AM   #227
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 55,164
Local Time: 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Civil Rights: Is Trump going to make an anti-black amendment to the constitution or have Republicans help him ban Muslims? Nope. A lot of people are just hysterical about his words, but they're just words. Freedom of speech and I-could-give-a-fuck. Actions are what matter.

Women's Rights: We've already had Republicans take away abortion access across the country, how would this be different? And how is Clinton who came out about the Planned Parenthood videos and called them "disturbing" before she even knew the facts or her running mate's weak record on abortion rights suddenly the ones to turn to in this manner?

Do we even have to get into the fact that Obama almost sold out Social Security for a grand bargain with the GOP or deported more people than any other President?

Yes, Trump would be awful. But he's like beating the game on easy mode. Unfortunately, you've chosen for us the video gamer with poor reflexes and doesn't even understand the controls. Now, we all have to bite our nails until the November results.
Was Bernie going to do half the bullshit that he's based his platform on? Nope. A lot of people are just hysterical about his words, but they're just words.
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 07-26-2016, 06:33 AM   #228
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,353
Local Time: 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
I did not get a chance to watch all of the convention tonight. I want to see it all so I can make some fair assessments of how the dynamics of the race will unfold.

As most of you know I am voting for Trump. I have family-friends that are Trumpsters others that are solidly for Hillary. A few that are up for grabs.

From here on out its all about getting the messaging right for those people 'up for grabs'.

These are your working-class voters across the Midwest, suburban security moms, independents sick of the status quo. Yes the demographics are changing in the country benefiting Democrats. But each side needs to fight for those undecided white voters to push them to victory.

Right now the big polled issues are Security and the Economy. Tonight I saw the Dems checking off the Social Justice boxes to reinforce their base of support. I'm not sure if it moved the ball forward with the undecideds. Are these folks racists-xenophobes-homophobes? Some have those tendencies, but generationally I think we move away from past divisions to the point where many millennials (raised properly) are inoculated to historic racism.

I'm curious to see in the coming nights how the Democrats address the security concerns the undecideds have. Obama, Dems, and media called Trump's speech Doom and Gloom. Downplaying what they saw as fear-mongering. While over the weekend we have seen the emergence of a Intifada on German soil. Axe attack last week, shooting on Friday, machete attack, and suicide bombing in a wine bar Sunday ( Not strong enough to kill dozens, but critical injuries nonetheless ). The GOP presented a Law & Order platform ( decried as a dog whistle by critics ), but seems to have traction with voters after the unforeseen events of the past 6 weeks.

The knee-jerk reaction of the left to distance themselves from what they see as overt Nationalism, Nativism, and Fear plays well in the Cosmopolitan circles of media and coastal elites. It's very risky when you are playing to win those voters who don't have that mindset. The Democrats had better find solid footing with security concerns or they will find themselves hemorrhaging more votes to Trump.

Has it come so far, that we are hard pressed to find an American flag on the DNC stage?

Attachment 10806

This quest for ideological purity will satisfy the those in the arena and media, but may cost the Democrats dearly in this week of rebuttal being broadcast to millions of jurors.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Not one fucking flag! What is wrong with these law and order loving bastards?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1469532705.667585.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	10807

Why do you fall for this shit?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-26-2016, 06:39 AM   #229
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 55,164
Local Time: 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post

Student debt is the number one economic issue facing this country for exactly the reason you said: it is stalling entire generations of investors in real estate, stocks, human capital through families, etc.

I think that aside from student debt relief measures, there needs to be a cultural shift in how we think about college - away from seeing it as a rite of passage or a time when you "find yourself" by going away to some distant location. Colleges are bloating with residence and amenity costs that can be (to an extent) avoided by staying near home or spending some time at a community college.

I fear we are culturally and economically heading toward even more class stratification in terms of families who can afford to send their kids away to college and families who cannot, with the former unjustifiably carrying a sense of prestige over the latter.
We also need to end the idea of 4 year colleges as necessary.

Trade schools and mentorship programs can be just as effective at a fraction of the cost.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 07-26-2016, 06:46 AM   #230
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,780
Local Time: 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Is Trump going to make an anti-black amendment to the constitution or have Republicans help him ban Muslims? Nope. A lot of people are just hysterical about his words, but they're just words. Freedom of speech and I-could-give-a-fuck. Actions are what matter.
What the fuck else do we have to go on? He's never held public office. All we have are his words.

Take a step back for one fucking second and look at what you just said. "Guys, he's not going to be that bad, you just have to ignore what he says he's going to do and then you will see."
__________________
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 07-26-2016, 06:58 AM   #231
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 55,164
Local Time: 01:33 PM
I wonder what Mike Pence's Grindr profile is like
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 07-26-2016, 07:03 AM   #232
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,067
Local Time: 01:33 PM
Any chance we can swap out Michelle Obama for Elizabeth Warren so I can have a senator who is eloquent, believable and trustworthy?
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 07-26-2016, 07:20 AM   #233
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 55,164
Local Time: 01:33 PM
Has the same person ever given the best speech at both conventions?
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 07-26-2016, 07:45 AM   #234
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 3,664
Local Time: 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Nobody on the left is saying there's equivalency. They're just saying that her faults are of a magnitude to disqualify her from being a leader that Americans can trust. And that's exactly why she's doing so poorly outside of the party bubble.
Are you joking? pretty much every person they talked to protesting outside said Hillary was worse than Trump. Full disclosure - I grew up in a cult. I left a cult, I studied cults, and the behavior i see from these people are classic cult behaviors. They found their savior, they have been given an enemy, and they have swirled down the rabbit hole.
__________________
womanfish is offline  
Old 07-26-2016, 07:46 AM   #235
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,357
Local Time: 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Has the same person ever given the best speech at both conventions?


It's nice that Heidi Cruz can already start to practice her 2020 convention speech.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 07-26-2016, 07:49 AM   #236
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 3,664
Local Time: 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
I did not get a chance to watch all of the convention tonight. I want to see it all so I can make some fair assessments of how the dynamics of the race will unfold.

As most of you know I am voting for Trump. I have family-friends that are Trumpsters others that are solidly for Hillary. A few that are up for grabs.

From here on out its all about getting the messaging right for those people 'up for grabs'.

These are your working-class voters across the Midwest, suburban security moms, independents sick of the status quo. Yes the demographics are changing in the country benefiting Democrats. But each side needs to fight for those undecided white voters to push them to victory.

Right now the big polled issues are Security and the Economy. Tonight I saw the Dems checking off the Social Justice boxes to reinforce their base of support. I'm not sure if it moved the ball forward with the undecideds. Are these folks racists-xenophobes-homophobes? Some have those tendencies, but generationally I think we move away from past divisions to the point where many millennials (raised properly) are inoculated to historic racism.

I'm curious to see in the coming nights how the Democrats address the security concerns the undecideds have. Obama, Dems, and media called Trump's speech Doom and Gloom. Downplaying what they saw as fear-mongering. While over the weekend we have seen the emergence of a Intifada on German soil. Axe attack last week, shooting on Friday, machete attack, and suicide bombing in a wine bar Sunday ( Not strong enough to kill dozens, but critical injuries nonetheless ). The GOP presented a Law & Order platform ( decried as a dog whistle by critics ), but seems to have traction with voters after the unforeseen events of the past 6 weeks.

The knee-jerk reaction of the left to distance themselves from what they see as overt Nationalism, Nativism, and Fear plays well in the Cosmopolitan circles of media and coastal elites. It's very risky when you are playing to win those voters who don't have that mindset. The Democrats had better find solid footing with security concerns or they will find themselves hemorrhaging more votes to Trump.

Has it come so far, that we are hard pressed to find an American flag on the DNC stage?

Attachment 10806

This quest for ideological purity will satisfy the those in the arena and media, but may cost the Democrats dearly in this week of rebuttal being broadcast to millions of jurors.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Can you lay out Trump's specific plans to "end the violence"? To get rid of ISIS, since its "so easy" as he states? I know he's a big fan of the Kurds, BIG fan, good people. LOL
Actually, I'll take anyone giving me one Trump coherent Trump plan on ANY subject.
__________________
womanfish is offline  
Old 07-26-2016, 07:53 AM   #237
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 55,164
Local Time: 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Can you lay out Trump's specific plans to "end the violence"? To get rid of ISIS, since its "so easy" as he states? I know he's a big fan of the Kurds, BIG fan, good people. LOL
Actually, I'll take anyone giving me one Trump coherent Trump plan on ANY subject.
He's going to solve immigration by building a wall. A big wall. Uuuuuge wall.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 07-26-2016, 08:09 AM   #238
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 3,664
Local Time: 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
He's going to solve immigration by building a wall. A big wall. Uuuuuge wall.
Doh! you got me on that one. I stand corrected.
__________________
womanfish is offline  
Old 07-26-2016, 08:09 AM   #239
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 3,664
Local Time: 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I wonder what Mike Pence's Grindr profile is like
__________________
womanfish is offline  
Old 07-26-2016, 08:14 AM   #240
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 27,954
Local Time: 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Can you lay out Trump's specific plans to "end the violence"? To get rid of ISIS, since its "so easy" as he states? I know he's a big fan of the Kurds, BIG fan, good people. LOL
Actually, I'll take anyone giving me one Trump coherent Trump plan on ANY subject.
I would be absolutely shocked if he knew there was a (significant) difference between the KRG and Rojava.
__________________

__________________
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com