2016 US Presidential Election Thread Part XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait why is the convention hall only half ful after Hillary gets nomination -like a Philly 76ers game?
:hug:
Why didn't the networks report this ?

Oh that's right The Age of Disinformation.

<>

Wait why is the convention hall only half ful after Hillary gets nomination -like a Philly 76ers game?

<>

Posted by a Jill Stein page, covering what less than 2 minutes at what time?

Speaking of disinformation, got anymore memes?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I have the same exact qualifications as Jill Stein

None

I have the same exact qualifications as Jill Stein

Oh, you've also got an MD PhD with years of research and publications in your field, followed by 20 years of experience in politics, having launched four major campaigns for executive offices?

Let's not pretend like she's a great candidate for president, but let's also not pretend like she doesn't have any qualifications.

Because it's not a story. The hall is empty AFTER the nomination, not during. People need to eat dinner. :shrug:

Also, is this what you're going to do instead of insulting people, just posting easily dismissed memes and fake conspiracies? Seems kind of like trolling to me. :hmm:

You can do better.

Last edited:
I wish I were as qualified for being prez as Harvard med school graduate who also has tons of history participating in political activism aiming to improve environmental policies of US.

Who also has some... interesting views on homeopathy and vaccines. And not much of an informed view on foreign policy (pro-Brexit, then desperately trying to erase that stance and claim she was anti-Brexit all along, for starters).

Anyway, it's all irrelevant. Jill Stein will never be president.

Just goes to show you can have all the education in the world and still be an idiot.

Ben Carson is another example.

Just goes to show you can have all the education in the world and still be an idiot.

Ben Carson is another example.

Stop dissing my college, y'all

Yeah I totally forgot about how much of an idiot James Watson was. Sorry, guys.

Last edited:
Jill Stein is apparently an idiot now on the level of Ben Carson? Alright then. Great discourse, guys.

This fucking trend of progressives trying so hard to prove how progressive they are by being anti-progressive because of some tall poppy bullshit is so infuriating.

Hello everyone. I'd like to start posting in FYM. It's been a while. I haven't really lurked in or posted in this part of the forum since 2008ish.

I hope everyone is being as compassionate and open and accepting as possible.

I'll start by saying that I love U2. My three favorite U2 albums in order are Achtung Baby, The Joshua Tree, and POP.

I also think that Hillary Clinton is a much better choice for President of the United States than Donald Trump and I will be voting for her in November. Thank you. One love.

<>

I hope you're joking. This video was at a little before 8pm Eastern. The hall looked exactly the same the night before at that time. The age of disinformation is right! You have idiots like this that spread disinformation to already brainwashed people and presto! more outrage!! more division!!
He says - "This is primetime of the second night of the convention"
ummm. no sir, prime time is 10pm Eastern for the convention. and wouldn't you know it, by 9:30 is the seats all started filling up and by 10, a packed house for Bill.

Looking at the current state of affairs, I think it's critical that Hilary improve her favorable rating and hopefully the convention and ensuing debates achieve that.

Trump seems to have finally gotten the hint that being on better behavior will help him. His favorable rating has improved in the last month as he hasn't had any major blunders. Of course there's still time for him to say something stupid.

I just can't get over the fact that Hilary has this perception engraved in our society (even though I don't agree with it) and every poll that comes out regarding her trustworthiness is painful to look at.

I pains me to say that I think this is Trump's election to lose at this point. I really hope I'm wrong.

Looking at the current state of affairs, I think it's critical that Hilary improve her favorable rating and hopefully the convention and ensuing debates achieve that.

Trump seems to have finally gotten the hint that being on better behavior will help him. His favorable rating has improved in the last month as he hasn't had any major blunders. Of course there's still time for him to say something stupid.

I just can't get over the fact that Hilary has this perception engraved in our society (even though I don't agree with it) and every poll that comes out regarding her trustworthiness is painful to look at.

I pains me to say that I think this is Trump's election to lose at this point. I really hope I'm wrong.

I do think one thing that keeps getting overlooked in the polling, is just straight demographics and ground game organization.

I am skeptical that these polls are fully representative of the demographic breakdown of the electorate.

Republicans have said they need to hit about 40% Latino vote in order to win the election. Trump is polling at 14.

He is polling 0, yes 0, with African Americans in Ohio and PA.

He is trailing Clinton in college educated white voters, that Romney won fairly handily last time around.

Also, from the feeling i got last night at the convention, I do think that women are going to play a larger part in all this. Its one thing to have your reservations about Clinton because of all the lies spewed about her. But middle aged women are about the most consistent voters in the electorate, and Trump is not polling well with them. If Clinton connects with them in the next few months, its over.

Don't worry, you are.

<>

Really?

The Republican convention primetime lineup featured someone who believes the pyramids are grain silos filled by people riding Jesus horses, Trump kids, washed up soap opera stars (not even the famous ones), and Chachi.

I do think one thing that keeps getting overlooked in the polling, is just straight demographics and ground game organization.

I am skeptical that these polls are fully representative of the demographic breakdown of the electorate.

Republicans have said they need to hit about 40% Latino vote in order to win the election. Trump is polling at 14.

He is polling 0, yes 0, with African Americans in Ohio and PA.

He is trailing Clinton in college educated white voters, that Romney won fairly handily last time around.

Also, from the feeling i got last night at the convention, I do think that women are going to play a larger part in all this. Its one thing to have your reservations about Clinton because of all the lies spewed about her. But middle aged women are about the most consistent voters in the electorate, and Trump is not polling well with them. If Clinton connects with them in the next few months, its over.

Yeah, all great points. The one thing that haunted Romney was the Hispanic vote, and it's obviously even worse for Trump this time around.

Part of it is personal perspective as well. I actually know 3 people in the last month that flipped to Trump (from Undecided).

Hopefully his momentum is short lived. I don't think this is going to be anywhere near the landslide for Clinton as some are suggesting based on where the polling is at right now though.

You think so?

150811165239-trump-shrug-gif-custom-1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom